Panamera 2010-Current

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 06:32 AM
Red981GTS
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lysicon
I also have the wireless carplay reconnection issue. V2 board running FW 1124 (it came with this version originally) and iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.1.

Aside from the first day or so, it never reconnects automatically. I have to unpair and re-pair everytime. Sometimes I can’t even pair again until I reset the unit and try a few times.

In practice, wireless carplay is not usable. I have been unable to get a response from kimi@isudar.com

Until this issue is fixed I don’t recommend anyone who intends to use Wireless Carplay to purchase this module.

Frankly the level of support from Isudar for this module is not acceptable.
This is why many people on this forum still recommend older modules like NM Automative which provide decent support, even though Isudar has the better HW and is cheaper.

if Isudar wants to increase their market share, I think they need to address the following:

- FW updates shouldn’t be distributed haphazardly on this forum or privately over email. They should be clearly posted on isudar.com along with a detailed change list and installation instructions. It should be clear which FW version applies to which version of the HW.

- FW updates need to go through more QA and testing. It seems like every few weeks there is a new FW release which fixes one issue while breaking something else.

- Emails to the official kimi@isudar.com address asking for help should be answered within 2 days at the latest. I have sent emails on different occasions and haven’t received any replies. That seems to be the case for many others on this thread.
i can totally agree with you, the experience you are talking also happened to me
Old 01-11-2022, 08:26 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I also have the wireless carplay reconnection issue. V2 board running FW 1124 (it came with this version originally) and iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.1.

Aside from the first day or so, it never reconnects automatically. I have to unpair and re-pair everytime. Sometimes I can’t even pair again until I reset the unit and try a few times.

In practice, wireless carplay is not usable. I have been unable to get a response from kimi@isudar.com

Until this issue is fixed I don’t recommend anyone who intends to use Wireless Carplay to purchase this module.

This is why many people on this forum still recommend older modules like NM Automative which provide decent support, even though Isudar has the better HW and is cheaper.

if Isudar wants to increase their market share, I think they need to address the following:

- FW updates shouldn’t be distributed haphazardly on this forum or privately over email. They should be clearly posted on isudar.com along with a detailed change list and installation instructions. It should be clear which FW version applies to which version of the HW.

- FW updates need to go through more QA and testing. It seems like every few weeks there is a new FW release which fixes one issue while breaking something else.

- Emails to the official kimi@isudar.com address asking for help should be answered within 2 days at the latest. I have sent emails on different occasions and haven’t received any replies. That seems to be the case for many others on this thread.

@Kimiiii
Old 01-11-2022, 11:15 AM
sac02
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 135 Posts

Quoted yet again for truth.

Initially when I heard about the V2 board, I had buyer's remorse that I had the older board without the "upgrades" - now I'm glad to have the older board that works fine, lol.

Although as previously mentioned, I exclusively use wired CarPlay for better sound quality, most of the complaints with V2 board seem to be wireless connection.

Does the V2 board have similar issues not recognizing the phone with wired connection, or is it only wireless that has issues?

I'd love to do a critical listening comparison of "old" vs "new" boards, but I'm not willing to buy a V2 board with problematic firmware. If someone want to ship me their V2 board, I'm game to test and report back.

Last edited by sac02; 01-11-2022 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:45 AM
Santirx
Racer

Sent an email to @Kimiiii . Although I don’t have version 2 of the board, I feel I need to join the call for help here. I suggest you all do the same (whether you have version 1.2 or 2.0.

kimi@isudar.com

The following 4 users liked this post by Santirx:
981BGTS (01-11-2022), AngelDutchy (01-11-2022), Porshatt (01-11-2022), RR911 (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 12:49 PM
Red981GTS
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
Sent an email to @Kimiiii . Although I don’t have version 2 of the board, I feel I need to join the call for help here. I suggest you all do the same (whether you have version 1.2 or 2.0.

kimi@isudar.com

I already sent Kimi an email 6 days ago, regarding wireless CarPlay issues but not answer…

(Im using v2.0)
The following 2 users liked this post by Red981GTS:
RR911 (01-11-2022), Santirx (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 06:53 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Re: no reconnection problem. Does this problem have anything to do with Aux Bluetooth ON or OFF?
Old 01-12-2022, 07:42 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

First contact from Kimi after over a week of waiting but its just the old BSJ_2011-11-24 file
Old 01-12-2022, 08:20 AM
Santirx
Racer

Kimi contacted me as well. Sent me a FW update for board CP31DCBSJ8813WP3 (board version 2.0) that she says resolve the connectivity issues, but it turns out it is the same 0105 firmware update that was sent to @marcr92 and that I have transferred to the google drive.

On another topic, she also responded to another email I sent. I had been asking for months for a solution for the steering wheel return button behavior. It seems they have developed a solution for that and she is going to send to me for testing. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Santirx; 01-12-2022 at 08:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AngelDutchy (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Fantasmos
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
Put all isudar EQ sliders at MAX ???? This would not be advisable in a Macan with a BOSE system. the gain would be significantly increased and you could blow something.

I ran pink noise through AUX then with an ipad RTA device targeted Harmon curve with the sliders. have good sound quality with very marginal tweaks on the isudar EQ. PCM AUX is at Bass= 0 , Treble = 0

RTA after pink noise adjusted by sliders.
This is simply not true. Just lower the volume from the **** and put everything on their end to the max. This way sound levels will be synchronized. I am with the Burmester audio system and even with their EQ to the max and **** to the max it is as if the original audio is put to the max. The EQ is not on the gain but on the output after the original sound is modulated. So if you don't put your isudar EQ to the max, you will need to turn the volume more up to compensate which will result in noise.

As I said I have tested this on my car and it worked great. I keep the Burmester sound settings and don't use the Isudar crappy EQ.

After the last update Carplay is working super stable for me. It disconnects when the car is locked, connects again, etc. Note, that there are bugs within the Carplay itself and Carplay Apps like Waze have problems of their own. I am not sure what versions of IOS you are running.

By the way you can't expect them to read your chat here in the forum. Just message them in Aliexpress, they always respond within a working day and are generally very cooperative.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:40 AM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kimi contacted me as wel.
Quote "Hi, pls be kindly noted, the cable should be connected corrrecly like the photo, otherwise there will have black screen problem"But the black screen only occurs when I start the car. If I turn the PCM completely off and then turn it back on it works just fine without any problem, so it seems to me that the cable is connected properly otherwise it wouldn't work, only the connection is lost if you turn the car off for a moment you have to manually reconnect and sometimes even pair again.

Yesterday I got a tip from the internet and now If I hold down the volume button while starting the car, the system starts immediately.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:12 AM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey I am glad it works for you.....maybe a Berm thing.

That definitely does not work in my Boss system.You are raising the system response in an uncontrolled way by maxing the sliders...adds tons of hiss to my system....which I have none of with settings presented. I guess we can wait and see what others like their settings at.

Last edited by Willy07; 01-12-2022 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-12-2022, 12:27 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 981BGTS
First contact from Kimi after over a week of waiting but its just the old BSJ_2011-11-24 file
Originally Posted by Santirx
Kimi contacted me as well. Sent me a FW update for board CP31DCBSJ8813WP3 (board version 2.0) that she says resolve the connectivity issues, but it turns out it is the same 0105 firmware update that was sent to @marcr92 and that I have transferred to the google drive.

On another topic, she also responded to another email I sent. I had been asking for months for a solution for the steering wheel return button behavior. It seems they have developed a solution for that and she is going to send to me for testing. Stay tuned.
Originally Posted by Red981GTS
I already sent Kimi an email 6 days ago, regarding wireless CarPlay issues but not answer…

(Im using v2.0)
I'm just piling onto this thread. I just heard back from Kimi after several emails, starting from 1/7/22 . Unfortunately, I seem to get "stock" responses.
I just used google translate to request a refund or board replacement. We'll see what happens.

Old 01-12-2022, 12:28 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelDutchy
Kimi contacted me as wel.
Quote "Hi, pls be kindly noted, the cable should be connected corrrecly like the photo, otherwise there will have black screen problem"But the black screen only occurs when I start the car. If I turn the PCM completely off and then turn it back on it works just fine without any problem, so it seems to me that the cable is connected properly otherwise it wouldn't work, only the connection is lost if you turn the car off for a moment you have to manually reconnect and sometimes even pair again.

Yesterday I got a tip from the internet and now If I hold down the volume button while starting the car, the system starts immediately.
I got the same response regarding a different issue.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:59 PM
LarryB
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 981BGTS
If your DVD drive is no longer connected then this is likely your issue. During my install I did not disconnect the ribbon for the DVD at all as I knew it would be a pig to do once the Isudar board was in. I'm afraid you need open the PCM and re-install the board
981BGTS- Thanks- That may be the case.

I think I've narrowed it down to either the CD disconnection or the fact that I did not see/have a wire to move from the big Porsche plug to the big Isudar plug.

I have the CDR31+, not the Bose. I do not have a camera, but I do have Front and Rear ParkAssist

1. Can someone confirm that not all stereos have a connector that needs to be moved, as I saw on a video?
2. Does anyone have a picture of the large plug showing the wire that needs to be moved? My plug has to open spaces each with two holes on the lower left of the plug. I think this is where the connector would be if I have one.

Thanks!!
Old 01-12-2022, 03:09 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by LarryB
981BGTS- Thanks- That may be the case.

I think I've narrowed it down to either the CD disconnection or the fact that I did not see/have a wire to move from the big Porsche plug to the big Isudar plug.

I have the CDR31+, not the Bose. I do not have a camera, but I do have Front and Rear ParkAssist

1. Can someone confirm that not all stereos have a connector that needs to be moved, as I saw on a video?
2. Does anyone have a picture of the large plug showing the wire that needs to be moved? My plug has to open spaces each with two holes on the lower left of the plug. I think this is where the connector would be if I have one.

Thanks!!
The connector you are referring to is the MOST25 or MOST150 bus (Media Oriented Systems Transport) - depending on the year of your car.

PCM3.1 with Bose or Burmester systems have this bus. This is the digital audio connection to the amplifier. It is fiber optic. CDR31+ don’t have it, as transport/connection is via wire, not fiber.

Did you check board compatibility with CDR31+? I didn’t think it was compatible, but I could be wrong.

From Isudar website… check compatibility, only PCM3.1. CDR31+ not listed. But again, I may be wrong.

Last edited by Santirx; 01-12-2022 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1