Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue - Page 370 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011 --> For newer Cayennes than the 955/957 series

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Old 05-18-2018, 08:26 AM
TrackJunke
Addict
Rennlist Member

I checked into a new TCU unit. Cost is 600 bucks from Porsche and appears to be the same unit for all motor cayennes in 15/16. My thought is that it would have the "old" software loaded and could help the shifting. However, without knowing exactly what was changed between the ECU/TCU I am not sure it would help (plus may have to be coded by Porsche which may automatically upload new software). Any thoughts from those that might know a bit more about how the system works?
Old 05-18-2018, 02:50 PM
skiahh
Addict
Rennlist Member

Can't imagine they'd sell a TCU without the legally mandated software loaded now, after the settlement.

But if so, you're probably right that to make it work on your vehicle, they'd have to code it which would trigger the software update.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:15 PM
visitador
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^^ looks like they are sold new without any coding (since it is used with different engines).

Just have to scavenger used parts stores and see if you can find one taken from a pre-fix Cayenne, Touareg or Q7. Then never let a dealer touch it
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM
chsu74
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by visitador
From what I have been reading here, there is also a need to tune the software for the transmission, something that I remember no tuner is doing anything about it
I think VW/Porsche lowered boost at lower RPM which is why it contributes to a bigger lag. We will know if Blue Spark solves 95% of drivability issues..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: