Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 06:37 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our 2015 has had the fix for about 1000 miles. Yes, it is a little different, kind of like a car before you put on a nice tune or chip. Would I still buy it today, post fix, yes 100%, still loving it!
Old 12-22-2017, 07:52 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by petery
This is so scary, I am waiting until 2019 or close to 100K miles, whichever comes first before I take my CD to get neutered. I must stay strong and focus, do not think about the 2nd check...
I agree. The temptation of getting instant cash is great. But there is a reason why VW is doing it. They want to reach 85% compliance asap. Do you think any of us would take our CDs to neuter so soon but for the second payment? Most likely we would just sit it out
Old 12-22-2017, 09:15 PM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17

Porsche of Towson , has this car still available w 130 miles on it. They will discount 20% ask for Alfred Ramos good guy . Not affiliated just a heads up for sweet car at good price
Not going to happen on price. I tried to buy one at 20% and they played three card monty with me.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by dcastar
Update:

Vehicle has been back at the dealer SIX separate times now. Area field technician drove it and "couldn't replicate". And yet, when I drive it, it's quite easy to replicate.

I am now creating a "highlights" compilation video with my dashcam, everytime it stutters, you can hear the engine clatter, then cut out/stutter, then kick back in.

Have noted, it does seem to stutter more frequently when the temperature is slightly above freezing. IE; 35-45F. When the temp is under 32F, it still clatters, but doesn't stutter. That, at least, has been the one commonality.
2nd note : Field technician drove the car on a colder day... in the 20s.

Once again, for all those keeping score: 2013 Cayenne Diesel ~53k miles... ~1200 miles on it since the fix; And the stuttering only began after the diesel fix.
Damn, that sucks. Maybe try driving it yourself with the tech?
Old 12-22-2017, 11:29 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

just drove my '14 touareg back from the dealer after getting the fix. I have 90,000 miles on it. I noticed virtually no difference from before/after. First 10 minutes or so, it was a bit louder, with a hissing/air releasing kind of sound. The idle also seemed a bit higher.

After about 10 minutes the noise went away and idle dropped back down. Normal and sport mode seemed to be no different than before. If it stays this way, i'd gladly take $8K for the fix.

i took the car from inside the shop so it was warm. we'll see how it is when temps drop. They did not know about the fuel fill up so remind your dealer when bringing it in. i had 3/4 so didn't make a big deal about it.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:00 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinGTS
Not going to happen on price. I tried to buy one at 20% and they played three card monty with me.
thats really odd they were straight shooters w me very easy transaction. Grand pa John did you have any issues w them?
Old 12-23-2017, 12:37 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

thats really odd they were straight shooters w me very easy transaction. Grand pa John did you have any issues w them?
No issues here on price but the price i was quoted was only like 16% off Sale went smoothly but can't say the same about service after the sale. Had a 3 hr ride home that turned into 4 because of the snow. Low oil warning came on about 30 minutes into my trip. Turns out they must have only put 7 qts in when they changed the fluids. Still fighting about the flat spotted tires. Feels like I'm driving a Barney Rubble car.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:45 AM
alterniTECH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Is it something you could capture on video?
Hello. I too am experiencing this issue, whereas when the vehicle is cold, the acceleration stutters, or hiccups, as if it's starving for oxygen or fuel for a moment. It's very unsure of itself when it happens, as if it's confused as to what to do. I have an appointment scheduled for next week. I'll report back. Everything else with the vehicle, thus far, is proper, no loss of fuel economy noted. I thought about trying to get this on video, but it's very difficult to catch, I'd almost have to setup a recording every time I get in the vehicle and start driving it (when its cold), but I don't have the time nor patience for that.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:56 AM
alterniTECH
Intermediate

"The day I got the truck back, and about 2 hours into my trip, the Def alert came on to tell me I had 1000 miles left. I was worried a sensor was out, but when I took it back it turned-out they didn't reset that counter after they filled the Def tank."

This is interesting... I didn't know that they reset the counter on the DEF. So what happens if you don't fill the DEF tank, and reset the counter?
Old 12-23-2017, 12:02 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

My understanding with the 2016 CD, all fluids are changed, tires for sure are all replaced, and other items such as wipers, etc are replaced. You say you are experiencing flat spots, they did not give you new set of tires? I'd go back to that dealership and impose a replacement on a new set of tires.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
No issues here on price but the price i was quoted was only like 16% off Sale went smoothly but can't say the same about service after the sale. Had a 3 hr ride home that turned into 4 because of the snow. Low oil warning came on about 30 minutes into my trip. Turns out they must have only put 7 qts in when they changed the fluids. Still fighting about the flat spotted tires. Feels like I'm driving a Barney Rubble car.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:05 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Originally Posted by alterniTECH
"The day I got the truck back, and about 2 hours into my trip, the Def alert came on to tell me I had 1000 miles left. I was worried a sensor was out, but when I took it back it turned-out they didn't reset that counter after they filled the Def tank."

This is interesting... I didn't know that they reset the counter on the DEF. So what happens if you don't fill the DEF tank, and reset the counter?
never heard of resetting the counter , drove my 14 CD 120,000 miles refilled bludef every 10k or so never reset anything. I call bull sheeet on the dealer they just never filled

Old 12-23-2017, 12:08 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
My understanding with the 2016 CD, all fluids are changed, tires for sure are all replaced, and other items such as wipers, etc are replaced. You say you are experiencing flat spots, they did not give you new set of tires? I'd go back to that dealership and impose a replacement on a new set of tires.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

i have same tire issue (flat spots) from same dealer my tires are stamped 2/2013
Old 12-23-2017, 02:53 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
They said all fluids were changed including brake flush. I can only take their word for it. Tires definitely were not changed. They show manufactured week 23, 2015. Where are you hearing that tires are being replaced? Is it up to dealer or PCNA?
Old 12-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alterniTECH
Hello. I too am experiencing this issue, whereas when the vehicle is cold, the acceleration stutters, or hiccups, as if it's starving for oxygen or fuel for a moment. It's very unsure of itself when it happens, as if it's confused as to what to do. I have an appointment scheduled for next week. I'll report back. Everything else with the vehicle, thus far, is proper, no loss of fuel economy noted. I thought about trying to get this on video, but it's very difficult to catch, I'd almost have to setup a recording every time I get in the vehicle and start driving it (when its cold), but I don't have the time nor patience for that.

What year?
Old 12-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

never heard of resetting the counter , drove my 14 CD 120,000 miles refilled bludef every 10k or so never reset anything. I call bull sheeet on the dealer they just never filled

Agreed. I ran my tank down to within 200 miles of shutoff this summer, filled it, warning went off. No reset nonsense, they were just making excuses.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue