Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 03:40 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 162 Posts

Roman is the MAN !!! I got the factory direct kit (again, an anniversary present from my wife). Yes, it's $30 cheaper than Roman, but it doesn't include the little things that make installation in our Cayennes a breeze. I contacted him earlier today about removing one of the connections on the back. Even though I didn't buy directly from Roman (didn't know when I called him), he quickly answered my question and helped me out.

Then, a little while later, when I typed my next issue in this forum, Roman quickly texted me pictures of what I needed to do and is sending me his kit to accommodate the install in my CD. Awesome customer service (even for those who weren't a direct customer of his) and just an all around good guy for our Porsche hobby. A big difference between factory direct and Roman direct support !! Worth the few extra $$$$ IMHO.

Next up is my son's Cayenne and we will make sure we buy from Roman this time !

Thanks Roman !!
Old 08-25-2023, 03:43 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SSDVC
Roman is the MAN !!! I got the factory direct kit (again, an anniversary present from my wife). Yes, it's $30 cheaper than Roman, but it doesn't include the little things that make installation in our Cayennes a breeze. I contacted him earlier today about removing one of the connections on the back. Even though I didn't buy directly from Roman (didn't know when I called him), he quickly answered my question and helped me out.

Then, a little while later, when I typed my next issue in this forum, Roman quickly texted me pictures of what I needed to do and is sending me his kit to accommodate the install in my CD. Awesome customer service (even for those who weren't a direct customer of his) and just an all around good guy for our Porsche hobby. A big difference between factory direct and Roman direct support !! Worth the few extra $$$$ IMHO.

Thanks Roman !!
Roman is the man!
Old 08-25-2023, 04:01 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Agreed, Roman's support was the deciding factor for my Mr12volt purchase.
Old 08-25-2023, 04:05 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Another word of advice for once you get it installed, make sure you remember to go into the PCM media and uncheck the box to disable your BT Audio. I forgot to do this, and I pestered Roman on Facebook for weeks, maybe even a month, trying to find out why I could almost never have my CarPlay audio working at startup. Ever since I discovered my silly mistake, the CarPlay experience has been near perfect. Leaps and bounds more reliable that the 2022 Ram I had in a recent previous life.
The following users liked this post:
SSDVC (08-25-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 08:48 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SSDVC

Thanks Roman !!

Believe it or not... Im actually cheaper than doing direct, andIi include the additional hardware for free not the other way around haha.

Because ive gotten 3 calls about this again today DO NOT REMOVE THE XM BOARD!

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
SSDVC (08-26-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 08:51 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RhinoComp
Another word of advice for once you get it installed, make sure you remember to go into the PCM media and uncheck the box to disable your BT Audio. I forgot to do this, and I pestered Roman on Facebook for weeks, maybe even a month, trying to find out why I could almost never have my CarPlay audio working at startup. Ever since I discovered my silly mistake, the CarPlay experience has been near perfect. Leaps and bounds more reliable that the 2022 Ram I had in a recent previous life.
Yes, its important to allow the mr12volt system to connect to both your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on the mr12volt ***and*** PCM. If not your mic for phone calls will be the little included one, which is not how the system was intended to be used.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:13 AM
gpomp
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve had my unit installed for almost 6 months now and it has been flawless. The only thing I had an issue with was it didn’t connect to the factory backup camera. I ended up getting an aftermarket GreenYi camera installed and the video quality is much improved vs the factory camera on my 2013. The old camera was washed out, looked almost black & white, field of view was narrow, and the angle was too far towards the ground.

I don’t have any pictures of the old camera but I’m sure if you have an older 958 you know what I’m talking about. Here are some pictures off the new camera:

Link to camera used:
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-26-2023, 01:18 AM
gpomp
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RhinoComp
Do your BT phone calls still go through PCM or just through the CarPlay interface? I had to remove my phone completely from PCM and make all calls through CarPlay because it would always try playing audio through the PCM. Kind of annoying losing the ability to make calls with the thumb wheel buttons.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:22 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Where exactly is this Bluetooth "audio" setting in the pcm. I went out and looked for it in the car but couldn't find it.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:55 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Big news guys. New models are in pre-sale. New units will have a new color for the module... AND NOW WILL USE THE FACTORY MIC BUILT INTO THE HARENSS!!! WOHOOO
Old 08-28-2023, 06:59 PM
heeltoejunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
Where exactly is this Bluetooth "audio" setting in the pcm. I went out and looked for it in the car but couldn't find it.
I'm also unsure where this is in case anyone can provide the menu select options to get to turn this off. I've just been double checking where carplay output is going when i don't hear any sound.

Old 08-28-2023, 07:01 PM
heeltoejunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Big news guys. New models are in pre-sale. New units will have a new color for the module... AND NOW WILL USE THE FACTORY MIC BUILT INTO THE HARENSS!!! WOHOOO
@Roman ACS - Will there be any options for the current/last model to use the factory mic? For example, can I purchase an additional harness to wire into factory mic?
Old 08-28-2023, 07:59 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

To turn off Aux Bluetooth for reliable audio connection in Carplay:

Media button > Option > SET MEDIA/AUX > Uncheck box for AUX Bluetooth

As for my phone calls, all of mine go through the PCM. The Mr12Volt is designed to switch over to the PCM to make calls. This is the way you want it so that you can answer from the steering wheel, but also so that your phone functions work properly if you're not inside the CarPlay module.

Last edited by RhinoComp; 08-28-2023 at 08:07 PM.
heeltoejunkie (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 08:03 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Any internal hardware upgrades on the new model like something to fix the color banding in the graphics? Something like that would probably be worthwhile to upgrade from the first gen kit.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:24 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Besides the mic integration, any additional features or benefits in comparison to the original version (blue module)?

Will the original version still be available for sale at a discounted price alongside the updated version? Will the updated version have a different price than the original version?

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration