Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 07:13 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RossL
Hi @Roman ACS . I live about 2 hours from Philly. If I come up to you for an install, about how long does it take with a scheduled appointment? Also, do you do the SSD mod and can it be done the same day?

Sent you a message

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 10-15-2023, 03:19 PM
MBGoodStuff
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
99% chance something not plugged in.
You can go ahead and bump that up to 100%. Took everything apart and put back together and now it works!
Old 10-15-2023, 03:30 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MBGoodStuff
You can go ahead and bump that up to 100%. Took everything apart and put back together and now it works!
Every time like a charm.
Old 10-17-2023, 01:02 AM
WakkaWakka
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have rear seat entertainment and backup camera. Can they work as before if I install mr12Volt or do I have to sacrifice something?

Edit: one more thing.. I have a DAB-thing that plugs in to the usb-port and simulates a usb-stick with one extremely long mp3file on it.
Will it be possible to plug this into mr12Volt instead, so I do not have to change pcm-input to listen to the radio?

Last edited by WakkaWakka; 10-17-2023 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:41 AM
Malmenator
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just got my unit installed. Coming from a Joyeauto unit, this is DEFENITELY an upgrade. Sound quality is much better, operates much smoother, and overall is just a better experience for me.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:30 PM
MBGoodStuff
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Google Assistant audio not working

Just installed the newest model bought from Roman and everything is working well other than Google Assistant. This unit has no additional mic. When I say "ok Google" or try to respond to a text received via messages on AA it activates like it's waiting for me to say something but doesn't "hear" anything that I say after "ok Google." The text box just sits there for a few seconds like it's listening for audio and then eventually double beeps and disappears. Phone audio and mic both work fine through AA. I did go into the PCM and uncheck the Bluetooth audio button but don't know what else to try. I often use audio to reply to texts when I'm on the road so I need this to work. Any thoughts? And yes, it works properly when I'm just using my phone...
Old 10-18-2023, 01:16 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MBGoodStuff
Just installed the newest model bought from Roman and everything is working well other than Google Assistant. This unit has no additional mic. When I say "ok Google" or try to respond to a text received via messages on AA it activates like it's waiting for me to say something but doesn't "hear" anything that I say after "ok Google." The text box just sits there for a few seconds like it's listening for audio and then eventually double beeps and disappears. Phone audio and mic both work fine through AA. I did go into the PCM and uncheck the Bluetooth audio button but don't know what else to try. I often use audio to reply to texts when I'm on the road so I need this to work. Any thoughts? And yes, it works properly when I'm just using my phone...
More often then not these are settings in carplay/android auto or just the permissions on the phone. Our module only provides connectivity, not the software, with exception to screen mirroring and such. I would check your app permissions and see if this feature is "on".
Old 10-18-2023, 06:43 PM
renntier
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't found a boot logo for the Cayenne 957 2008-2010 so I made one

As the PCM 3.0 resolution is fairly limited I had to perform some manual blur to get the edges to look smooth - no idea how to do actual anti-aliasing but I think it looks amazing. I wish the new units didn't boot so quick so the boot screen is rarely seen hahaha

https://ibb.co/KhwN93P (forum upload compresses the image which is why I had to put it on the link)

If you need an image for other models DM me or quote me here

Old 10-18-2023, 06:49 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by renntier
I haven't found a boot logo for the Cayenne 957 2008-2010 so I made one

As the PCM 3.0 resolution is fairly limited I had to perform some manual blur to get the edges to look smooth - no idea how to do actual anti-aliasing but I think it looks amazing. I wish the new units didn't boot so quick so the boot screen is rarely seen hahaha

https://ibb.co/KhwN93P (forum upload compresses the image which is why I had to put it on the link)

If you need an image for other models DM me or quote me here
Looks great!
The following users liked this post:
renntier (10-18-2023)
Old 10-18-2023, 06:50 PM
renntier
Track Day

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Looks great!
Thanks bro and your mr12volt unit works great
Old 10-18-2023, 06:50 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

That looks great. Could you make one for a 2012 turbo? The one I'm using now is pretty generic.
Old 10-18-2023, 06:52 PM
renntier
Track Day

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
That looks great. Could you make one for a 2012 turbo? The one I'm using now is pretty generic.
What is yours right now and what is missing? Let me know and I will check what I can do over the weekend
Old 10-18-2023, 07:14 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

This is what I am using now. Looks ok when it's small on my phone, but on the pcm it loses its clarity.
Old 10-18-2023, 07:37 PM
renntier
Track Day

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
This is what I am using now. Looks ok when it's small on my phone, but on the pcm it loses its clarity.
The "clarity" part is a bit impossible because of the limited resolution. We can only cheat our way with blur+shading to make it seem like it wasn't meant to be exact in first place. Since your PCM has a resolution much greater than mine, this should already do:

958 https://ibb.co/8z9sRB4
9YA https://ibb.co/TqzMDKS

Let me know how that works, but text will take a while

Last edited by renntier; 10-18-2023 at 07:42 PM.
rbaggio (10-19-2023)
Old 10-18-2023, 07:42 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by renntier
The "clarity" part is a bit impossible because of the limited resolution. We can only cheat our way with blur+shading to make it seem like it wasn't meant to be exact in first place. Since your PCM has a resolution much greater than mine, this should already do:

https://ibb.co/TqzMDKS

Let me know how that works, but text will take a while
OK cool. Thank you.
renntier (10-19-2023)

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration