Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 09:59 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus B.
if your outside the UK please click United Kingdom when the popup appears to get tot the correct page.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 06-06-2023, 09:45 PM
palomino6294
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just receive my unit today, very nice packaging!

I noticed it includes a microphone, does that mean the factory microphone will not work after installing Mr12Volt system?
Old 06-06-2023, 09:50 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by palomino6294
Just receive my unit today, very nice packaging!

I noticed it includes a microphone, does that mean the factory microphone will not work after installing Mr12Volt system?
​​​​​​ The included microphone with all Mr12Volt kits serves only one purpose, it is for you to communicate with Siri or google. Whenever you make a call the PCM turns on your factory microphone and uses that for all calls once the call is over it goes back to the Mr12Volt. You do not use included microphone for phone calls.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:52 PM
palomino6294
Instructor

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
​​​​​​ The included microphone with all Mr12Volt kits serves only one purpose, it is for you to communicate with Siri or google. Whenever you make a call the PCM turns on your factory microphone and uses that for all calls once the call is over it goes back to the Mr12Volt. You do not use included microphone for phone calls.
Good to know, thank you Roman!!
Old 06-20-2023, 05:30 PM
grahamc
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Display not centered

To those who have already installed this system...

I just completed the install and things seem to be working but the CarPlay screen is not centered in the display. It's cut off on the left and there is space at the right. Has anybody else experienced and corrected this? I looked for something in settings, but found nothing.

TIA
Old 06-20-2023, 05:35 PM
FelixP
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grahamc
To those who have already installed this system...

I just completed the install and things seem to be working but the CarPlay screen is not centered in the display. It's cut off on the left and there is space at the right. Has anybody else experienced and corrected this? I looked for something in settings, but found nothing.

TIA
I think you can run into this if the display ribbon cable is misaligned
Old 06-20-2023, 08:24 PM
grahamc
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by FelixP
I think you can run into this if the display ribbon cable is misaligned
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty confident that the ribbon cables are well seated, but it's a possibility. I'll consider checking as one of my last resorts.
Old 06-20-2023, 08:28 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 344 Likes on 240 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty confident that the ribbon cables are well seated, but it's a possibility. I'll consider checking as one of my last resorts.
Check the dip switches on the bottom of the blue box.
Old 06-20-2023, 08:35 PM
grahamc
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
Check the dip switches on the bottom of the blue box.
Will do. They were all OFF when I received the box. I will check that they still are.
Old 06-21-2023, 11:52 AM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

I ran into an issue with the Sat expansion board. I had four standoffs supplied but three of one length, one much shorter. Curious how those of you with the satellite board fitting the PCB. Especially since as configured I will need to go back and address the standoffs and don't know how to align them. Reached out to Mr. 12 Volt a couple weeks back, didn't see a response.
Old 06-21-2023, 12:31 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I just completed the install and things seem to be working but the CarPlay screen is not centered in the display. It's cut off on the left and there is space at the right. Has anybody else experienced and corrected this?
This happened to me when I installed mine. It was a mis-aligned ribbon cable. Open it back up and re-seat the display ribbon cables and it should be resolved. I think it was just off by one pin or something when I first installed it.
Old 06-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Davebrossi
I ran into an issue with the Sat expansion board. I had four standoffs supplied but three of one length, one much shorter. Curious how those of you with the satellite board fitting the PCB. Especially since as configured I will need to go back and address the standoffs and don't know how to align them. Reached out to Mr. 12 Volt a couple weeks back, didn't see a response.
If your kit was purchased from me then you should have additional standoffs in your packaging. We only use 3 of 4 standoff locations for the board. Take your pick which ones you use. The one small standoff is used in the back where the xm cable passes through the case. Using the standoff allows the harness the clearance it needs.
Old 06-22-2023, 09:25 AM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Would it be OK for me to pull the head unit, and send you an image to confirm I have things set correctly? I -love- the functionality add, just want to make sure it sticks around. On a semi-unrelated note, I am hoping to use the added camera inputs to retrofit a front and side camera to my 958.1. I've started a separate thread about the effort here in the 958 forum. Thank you again!
Old 06-22-2023, 09:26 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You can post here if you like
Old 06-22-2023, 09:51 AM
palomino6294
Instructor

Originally Posted by Davebrossi
Would it be OK for me to pull the head unit, and send you an image to confirm I have things set correctly? I -love- the functionality add, just want to make sure it sticks around. On a semi-unrelated note, I am hoping to use the added camera inputs to retrofit a front and side camera to my 958.1. I've started a separate thread about the effort here in the 958 forum. Thank you again!
Yes, please post a photo. I didn't put a standoff on the satellite board, only on the other 3 corners. Tightened good, hopefully doesn't get loose.

Can you message me the link for the retrofit of the front camera, I'm interested.

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration