Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 12:33 PM
NN.
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you Roman ACS for your prompt reply.

My Cayenne is equipped with TV tuner from the factory. Do I need to delete TV tuner from the system using PIWIS or may be Launch X431 to be able to use Mr12Volt unit?

Also does the steering wheel controls integration include diamond button? Joyeauto unit which I use now does't support this and I miss the possibility to change the tracks from the steering wheel.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:07 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NN.
...does the steering wheel controls integration include diamond button?...
Diamond button does not work to control the mr12volt, neither does the "now playing" dashboard screen show track info.
The following users liked this post:
NN. (01-23-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 08:08 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by NN.
Thank you Roman ACS for your prompt reply.

My Cayenne is equipped with TV tuner from the factory. Do I need to delete TV tuner from the system using PIWIS or may be Launch X431 to be able to use Mr12Volt unit?

Also does the steering wheel controls integration include diamond button? Joyeauto unit which I use now does't support this and I miss the possibility to change the tracks from the steering wheel.

​​​​​​If you have a tvtuner card there is no room inside. You will need to remove the card. The manufacturer states there is no coding is needed.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 01-23-2023, 07:01 PM
NN.
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
​​​​​​If you have a tvtuner card there is no room inside. You will need to remove the card. The manufacturer states there is no coding is needed.
In my Cayenne S 2012 TV tuner is a separate box located behind rear right fender. It is not a card inside PCM, so there is room in PCM which for the moment is occupied by Joyeauto board. Mr12Volt help desk said I need to remove TV tuner to be able to use their product but it is not clear what exactly they mean.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:49 AM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 81 Posts

Hi Roman, email and PM sent! Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:18 AM
FormerRotor
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

PM’d pretty sure the better half would appreciate this.
Old 01-26-2023, 11:30 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NN.
In my Cayenne S 2012 TV tuner is a separate box located behind rear right fender. It is not a card inside PCM, so there is room in PCM which for the moment is occupied by Joyeauto board. Mr12Volt help desk said I need to remove TV tuner to be able to use their product but it is not clear what exactly they mean.
I believe we can do this be we would need to disconnect the tv tuner as thats the source option we use when selecting on the pcm.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:02 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 344 Likes on 240 Posts

So my car needs to have the TV tuner option for Mr 12v to work? I need to check, I don't think my car has TV tuner. It certainly doesn't have monitors in the headrests.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:04 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
So my car needs to have the TV tuner option for Mr 12v to work? I need to check, I don't think my car has TV tuner. It certainly doesn't have monitors in the headrests.
No, the "tuner" option in sources is enabled for selection when the daughter board is installed. if you actually have a tv tuner then you will have to choose which of the two you want to keep as you cannot have both running over the same channel.

-Roman
Old 01-26-2023, 11:29 PM
drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 115 Posts

Are there any installers in the south Florida area?
Old 01-27-2023, 04:00 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by drdantheman1
Are there any installers in the south Florida area?
Ive sent units to Florida for diy but no offical installers.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:38 PM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

I’m near West Palm and could help out if wanted. Not an official installer by any means, but have worked at dealers and body shops and have always done all my own work.
Old 01-30-2023, 12:56 PM
drdantheman1
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by volcanogts
I’m near West Palm and could help out if wanted. Not an official installer by any means, but have worked at dealers and body shops and have always done all my own work.
That would be great! I'll keep you in mind if I decide to move forward, I have two cars with PCM3.1 and this is looking more and more appealing.
Old 01-30-2023, 02:35 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by drdantheman1
That would be great! I'll keep you in mind if I decide to move forward, I have two cars with PCM3.1 and this is looking more and more appealing.
I would be happy to provide the units for your install!
Old 01-30-2023, 04:32 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I just had the MR12Volt installed by Roman this weekend. He did an amazing job that took him about 1.5 hours. He sent me down the street to eat at a local diner, which I was able to walk to, while he was doing the work. My impressions of the MR12Volt - absolutley amazing device! Made my 2014 CS a modern vehicle with the install of this blue box. Worked pretty much flawlessly. The sound quality is great - no change or degradation at all. Very easy to use. The small cons - 1. you have to lock the car to make the MR12volt stop transmitting bluetooth, and completely shut off. They are working on a fix for this.. 2. I use this with a samsung phone, and it automatically goes into google maps, or waze. Whichever you use - so there is a map on when you turn on. I would rather not have maps auto start. MR12 Volt said that just how apple play devices work., and 3. I was able to get rid of the MR12Volt splash that shows up on the screne upon activation. It is very easy to change the logo using a supplied program, and a usb thumbdrive. Easy accss to the unit with a usb extension that is also supplied and you can hide it it anywhere thats easy to get to. I ended up just blacking out the MR12Volt splash, as I did not like how all the "porsche" ones looked. So the screen is just black while loading.
Roman is a great person to work with, and the support on the website through whatsapp was basically seamless.
I highly recomend this upgrade. I have done so many upgrades, this one really takes the cake.
AA

Last edited by CarreraCup03; 01-30-2023 at 09:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Monetizer (03-12-2023)

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration