Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2023, 11:20 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Astrix
So after some research I am pretty convinced I'll go with the Mr 12 Volt solution, who is the best to order this through? Note I am in Sydney Australia, unlikely I'll install it myself but rather hand it over to my regular shop, would be handy for them to have support if needed.

Cheers
I can take care of any orders. Just send me a private message or email.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 08-08-2023, 04:26 AM
heeltoejunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

@Roman ACS can you share the instructions to replace the mr12volt start screen? I sent an email. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2023, 01:20 PM
Shadows89
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
I can take care of any orders. Just send me a private message or email.
Interested in this unit. How do updates work, and to confirm, it has wireless android auto and apple carplay?

Cheers
Old 08-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by heeltoejunkie
@Roman ACS can you share the instructions to replace the mr12volt start screen? I sent an email. Thanks!
There is a file and a usb drive needed and i have the instructions via email for anyone who needs.
Old 08-09-2023, 09:46 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shadows89
Interested in this unit. How do updates work, and to confirm, it has wireless android auto and apple carplay?

Cheers
You dont need to do any updates. the unit in my personal car is from over a year ago and its flawless. Yes the carplay and android is completely wireless.
Old 08-11-2023, 09:02 AM
FormerRotor
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Roman: I secretly have my fingers crossed that the next vehicle will either come with your unit pre-installed OR will not have native satellite radio so the better half has no objections for the install. Cheers!
Old 08-11-2023, 09:05 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FormerRotor
Roman: I secretly have my fingers crossed that the next vehicle will either come with your unit pre-installed OR will not have native satellite radio so the better half has no objections for the install. Cheers!

Sat still works with our unit installed. Just not native in the carplay android auto app.
Old 08-11-2023, 02:55 PM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Sat still works with our unit installed. Just not native in the carplay android auto app.
But if you download the Sirius/XM app, then it works seamlessly through Carplay as well.
The following users liked this post:
Jasonbourne8642 (12-04-2023)
Old 08-20-2023, 01:25 PM
Marshall Wolfe
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone. I've installed the Mr12volt in my 991.1 and it works flawlessly. Thanks to Roman and everyone else for their posts and information. I do have one question I'm looking to get some help with.

I'm having trouble going from mirroring my phone back to android auto. When I want to stop mirroring my phone, I turn off bluetooth and hot spot on my phone. I close down the mlink app. The head unit continues to show the last image that was being mirrored. Pushing the right **** on the head unit brings up a few icons in the lower right corner. I've tried pushing and selecting these, but cannot figure out how to completely quit mirroring, so that I can go back to android auto. When I get back to the mr12volt main menu and select Android auto I am informed that I am still mirroring my phone. The only thing that seems to work is completely shutting off the car and locking it. This seems to reset the mr12volt eventually and let me get back into android auto. Does anyone know the correct and more straight forward process? I've reached out to mr12volt with this question and they just said to turn off bluetooth, but that is obviously not working for me.

Thanks,
Marshall

Old 08-21-2023, 12:17 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,946 Likes on 1,743 Posts

Originally Posted by Marshall Wolfe
Hi Everyone. I've installed the Mr12volt in my 991.1 and it works flawlessly. Thanks to Roman and everyone else for their posts and information. I do have one question I'm looking to get some help with.

I'm having trouble going from mirroring my phone back to android auto. When I want to stop mirroring my phone, I turn off bluetooth and hot spot on my phone. I close down the mlink app. The head unit continues to show the last image that was being mirrored. Pushing the right **** on the head unit brings up a few icons in the lower right corner. I've tried pushing and selecting these, but cannot figure out how to completely quit mirroring, so that I can go back to android auto. When I get back to the mr12volt main menu and select Android auto I am informed that I am still mirroring my phone. The only thing that seems to work is completely shutting off the car and locking it. This seems to reset the mr12volt eventually and let me get back into android auto. Does anyone know the correct and more straight forward process? I've reached out to mr12volt with this question and they just said to turn off bluetooth, but that is obviously not working for me.

Thanks,
Marshall

Old 08-25-2023, 12:31 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 162 Posts

I know this has been asked before, but is there a better install video than the ultra speedy Mr12Volt one? I am headed to my garage now to install the one my wife just bought me and I just want to make sure I am doing it right. Also, any written instructions, with pictures (I went to public school), that detail the install?

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2023, 01:32 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

Porsche DIY's is a very good one, although it's for a 2015 Macan. Once the radio has been removed, the process is pretty much the same:

For the vents, a lot of people seem to have trouble with them. I didn't personally struggle at all. Get a good work light so you can see the clips you need to remove on each side, and I believe I used a flat head or dental tool in one hand to release the clips and a trim tool in the other hand to sort of pry away the vents, which maintains enough pressure on the clips that they don't want to pop back into place as soon as you release them.
Old 08-25-2023, 03:14 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 162 Posts

Thanks Rhino.

Next question - my wife ordered directly from the Mr12Volt website, not Roman, which is a bummer. That said, I just discovered I have the XM Module. I read enough to know I don't remove the XM board, but what about the cable coming from it? It interferes with the install of the Mr12Volt board.

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2023, 03:24 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

You'll need the additional standoffs that Roman includes in his kits unfortunately. He might be able to point you toward a size you could possibly source locally, but I'm not positive on that one.
Old 08-25-2023, 03:37 PM
heeltoejunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the cable coming off the XM board remains. the additional standoffs roman supplies will clear this plug connector - do not remove that xm cable

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration