Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 10:36 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by RhinoComp
To turn off Aux Bluetooth for reliable audio connection in Carplay:

Media button > Option > SET MEDIA/AUX > Uncheck box for AUX Bluetooth

As for my phone calls, all of mine go through the PCM. The Mr12Volt is designed to switch over to the PCM to make calls. This is the way you want it so that you can answer from the steering wheel, but also so that your phone functions work properly if you're not inside the CarPlay module.
Great, thanks you.
Old 08-29-2023, 12:29 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

I hear a lot of talk about color banding. This is always from people that have not used the system. I would implore anyone to come and try the on in my own vehicle at the shop and find fault in the display. I really think people are working themselves up for no reason.

The only hardware upgrade is for the mic im being told, the box is also changing color from blue.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 08-29-2023, 12:51 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

While color banding isn't something that affects visibility or performance by any means, it certainly is noticeable on my Mr12Volt. And was pointed out as possible the only detractor versus the Isudar kit which does not have the color banding present (as shown in Porsche DIY's
). Audio quality is by far the most important part of the integration, and is still the reason the Mr12Volt kit will be the best overall integration kit. But the graphics bit depth is still an area that can still be improved on. If yours doesn't have any color banding, I'd be curious to explore if this is a setting or software difference. Again, it's a very minor thing but it's still a thing.

The following users liked this post:
imagerep (12-11-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 05:32 PM
jaustin
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Is the price the same?
Old 08-30-2023, 05:15 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jaustin
Is the price the same?
Price on the new system is about $20 more. I still have several of the current system that i can offer at a lower price, and honestly there really is not much difference.
Old 08-31-2023, 01:13 AM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 167 Posts

While color banding isn't something that affects visibility or performance by any means, it certainly is noticeable on my Mr12Volt.
RhinoComp, I never really noticed much banding before so I took the same pic on my Mr 12Volt. If I look really closely it's definitely there but mine doesn't look nearly as obvious as yours so I'm not sure why. Anyways, to my old eyes and ears, the sound was definitely more important to me as my S has the Burmester and I've been more than pleased with the sound quality.

RhinoComp (08-31-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 01:28 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

I agree, the sound quality is more important to me then the video quality. I guess it's really up to how you use the car. If you spend a lot of time in your car watching movies and videos it could be a deal breaker. The important things for me were, integration with the pcm, sound quality, ease of use and not buggy. It checks all the boxes.
Old 08-31-2023, 02:15 AM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ShdwFx
RhinoComp, I never really noticed much banding before so I took the same pic on my Mr 12Volt. If I look really closely it's definitely there but mine doesn't look nearly as obvious as yours so I'm not sure why. Anyways, to my old eyes and ears, the sound was definitely more important to me as my S has the Burmester and I've been more than pleased with the sound quality.

Wow, that’s very intriguing actually. I do notice that it looks like you’re using Spotify versus me using Tidal, so maybe that could also be a factor? I can’t imagine why it would though. Do you know what software update you're on?

But absolutely, sound quality is by far and away the most important factor of the kit.
Old 08-31-2023, 02:12 PM
MountainStone
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by gpomp
I’ve had my unit installed for almost 6 months now and it has been flawless. The only thing I had an issue with was it didn’t connect to the factory backup camera. I ended up getting an aftermarket GreenYi camera installed and the video quality is much improved vs the factory camera on my 2013. The old camera was washed out, looked almost black & white, field of view was narrow, and the angle was too far towards the ground.

I don’t have any pictures of the old camera but I’m sure if you have an older 958 you know what I’m talking about. Here are some pictures off the new camera:

Link to camera used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B7C...b_b_asin_title
Was this new camera plug-and-play or did you have to run new cabling? I’m puzzled at why the original camera didn’t work but at that price I would happily upgrade to this camera if it doesn’t require tearing apart the car to run new cabling.
vwbrd (09-05-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 03:55 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 162 Posts

Roman,

Got yuor package yesterday, thank you. Whay are the black washers for/where do they get used ?

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2023, 04:24 PM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 167 Posts

Wow, that’s very intriguing actually. I do notice that it looks like you’re using Spotify versus me using Tidal, so maybe that could also be a factor? I can’t imagine why it would though. Do you know what software update you're on?

But absolutely, sound quality is by far and away the most important factor of the kit.
My PCM is system version V2.47 and the Mr 12Volt software version is "Box-P260 V3.14.00.1010".
Old 09-02-2023, 10:44 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 162 Posts

Ok, got this system installed today (with the help of my oldest son, as i just had major shoulder surgery, thanks son !!).
So here are a few things I learned during about the install:
1st, take your time removing the connection from the back of the infotainment system. It's tight and each connection has a different release mechanism.
2nd, getting those two pieces of the system to separate takes a bit of strength. I couldn't figure out the tab thing (maybe I'm too stupid), but i managed to get the two haves apart.
3rd, if you didn't buy the system from Roman, you'll need to contact him for the correct stand-offs if you have the XM module. Save yourself some headaches and just order from Roman.
4th, the "official" video is not great (moves at slightly less than light speed), but if you watch it a few times, then pause it every few seconds while doing the install, you should be ok. I really wish someone with good video or picture taking skills could produce something better
5th, check all your connections BEFORE you button everything up. You can make some connection up in the wrong way.

Lastly, to get the system to come, select media, then TV and your Mr12Volt Carplay screen will appear .

The system works great and sounds really good too. I'll follow-up with another report once I live with it on an upcoming 12 hour drive (after I heal up a bit).
Old 09-03-2023, 08:19 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Glad to hear your up and running. I'm going to be making a install video shortly!
bobbyp (09-03-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 11:35 AM
raymacan
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

helpful!
Old 09-05-2023, 02:00 PM
heeltoejunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

@Roman ACS - Does the Mr12Volt prevent shutting down of the PCM if the car is not locked? I've had it installed for about a month now, but I typically lock my car and haven't had any issues with battery drain. My cayenne has been at the dealer getting some warranty work done and they said my Radio was draining the battery and suggested to unplug the radio so I don't get stuck out in the wild with a dead battery. A fix being potentially replacing the hard drive with a solid state drive (I asked on an existing thread in Audio/Electronics forum too), or replacing the expensive PCM altogether which doesn't sound fun for my wallet.

I've seen other CarPlay additions (not as good as mr12volt for me), but they use a tap into the fuse box and there's a bit of finnicky things with releasing your phone from it's wifi. Again mr12volt hasn't given me any issues with disconnecting from wifi or even any indication of battery drain the past month. My current working theory is the dealer just didn't lock my car and the battery drained. I'm considering just plugging the radio back in and testing this out but welcome any technical specifics from this group of folks with mr12volt.

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration