Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 03:39 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by heeltoejunkie
@Roman ACS - Does the Mr12Volt prevent shutting down of the PCM if the car is not locked? I've had it installed for about a month now, but I typically lock my car and haven't had any issues with battery drain. My cayenne has been at the dealer getting some warranty work done and they said my Radio was draining the battery and suggested to unplug the radio so I don't get stuck out in the wild with a dead battery. A fix being potentially replacing the hard drive with a solid state drive (I asked on an existing thread in Audio/Electronics forum too), or replacing the expensive PCM altogether which doesn't sound fun for my wallet.

I've seen other CarPlay additions (not as good as mr12volt for me), but they use a tap into the fuse box and there's a bit of finnicky things with releasing your phone from it's wifi. Again mr12volt hasn't given me any issues with disconnecting from wifi or even any indication of battery drain the past month. My current working theory is the dealer just didn't lock my car and the battery drained. I'm considering just plugging the radio back in and testing this out but welcome any technical specifics from this group of folks with mr12volt.
The Mr12Volt system shuts down when locked. I left the are good over a month with the original 2014 dated battery and started it up with no issues when I was back.
​​​​​
​​​​

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
The following users liked this post:
heeltoejunkie (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 02:50 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The Mr12volt definitely does not prevent PCM shutdown in my '15 Cayenne. It times out and shuts off the same as it always has once the vehicle is shut off, irrespective of the door locks.
heeltoejunkie (09-06-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 01:35 PM
alprus
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Shout out to Roman. I bought a new to me 16 Turbo S and was going through his neck of the woods on my 750 mile drive home from where I picked up the car. He was able to install the Mr12Volt system in 90 minutes and I was able to enjoy Carplay the remaining 550 miles home. The system boots up quick a sounds amazing. A relatively cheap upgrade for the true integration and system capability.
Thanks again Roman!!
Roman ACS (09-07-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 04:20 PM
bobzz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heeltoejunkie
@Roman ACS - Does the Mr12Volt prevent shutting down of the PCM if the car is not locked? I've had it installed for about a month now, but I typically lock my car and haven't had any issues with battery drain. My cayenne has been at the dealer getting some warranty work done and they said my Radio was draining the battery and suggested to unplug the radio so I don't get stuck out in the wild with a dead battery. A fix being potentially replacing the hard drive with a solid state drive (I asked on an existing thread in Audio/Electronics forum too), or replacing the expensive PCM altogether which doesn't sound fun for my wallet.

I've seen other CarPlay additions (not as good as mr12volt for me), but they use a tap into the fuse box and there's a bit of finnicky things with releasing your phone from it's wifi. Again mr12volt hasn't given me any issues with disconnecting from wifi or even any indication of battery drain the past month. My current working theory is the dealer just didn't lock my car and the battery drained. I'm considering just plugging the radio back in and testing this out but welcome any technical specifics from this group of folks with mr12volt.
I leave my car unlocked with windows open in garage and never had battery drain issue but after installing Mr12Volt, battery got drained completely when I left the car unlocked overnight. I had to replace it with new battery.

Last edited by bobzz; 09-07-2023 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2023, 04:27 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bobzz
I leave my car unlocked with windows open in garage and never had battery drain issue but after installing Mr12Volt, battery got drained completely when I left the car unlocked overnight. I had to replace it with new battery.
This may be a old battery issue. I can't remember another user saying anything like this.
Old 09-07-2023, 05:24 PM
bobzz
Track Day

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
This may be a old battery issue. I can't remember another user saying anything like this.
I am more happy if that's the case but knowing it's not an old battery, battery drain after the next day of Mr12Volt install and having to go through the trouble of replacing the battery, what I will do is just lock the car. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited by bobzz; 09-07-2023 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:01 PM
jgalp
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Hello, im not aware of any installers in the PNW but I am here if you need install help.

curious if you’re aware of any installers in the Southern California area?
Old 09-12-2023, 10:45 AM
muddyh2o
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi. Does this allow for you to listen to SiriusXM via the native head unit and also use Waze or Google Maps simultaneously? Thank you.
Old 09-12-2023, 10:46 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jgalp
No, I just have my shop here in pa.
Old 09-12-2023, 10:47 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by muddyh2o
Hi. Does this allow for you to listen to SiriusXM via the native head unit and also use Waze or Google Maps simultaneously? Thank you.
Not at this time
Old 09-12-2023, 04:28 PM
PhineasFlynn
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by muddyh2o
Just use the XM app in Carplay.
Old 09-12-2023, 04:29 PM
PhineasFlynn
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jgalp
It is not really that difficult to install.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:45 PM
gpomp
5th Gear

Originally Posted by MountainStone
Was this new camera plug-and-play or did you have to run new cabling? I’m puzzled at why the original camera didn’t work but at that price I would happily upgrade to this camera if it doesn’t require tearing apart the car to run new cabling.
Unfortunately it is not plug and plug. My installer had to run an RCA cable from the camera to the Mr12Volt box up front. For me it was worth to do for the improved picture quality. Did not get a chance to troubleshoot why the factory camera wasn't working with Mr12Volt.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:03 PM
NN.
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gpomp
…For me it was worth to do for the improved picture quality.
What do your parking lines and parking sensor image look like with aftermarket camera connected to Mr12Volt? Are they still very different from Porsche factory ones?
Old 09-13-2023, 04:02 PM
gpomp
5th Gear

Originally Posted by NN.
What do your parking lines and parking sensor image look like with aftermarket camera connected to Mr12Volt? Are they still very different from Porsche factory ones?
I haven't figured out the parking lines yet. Mr12Volt has dynamic parking lines but they don't line up very well with the camera. I'm going to enable the camera's built in lines when I bring my car back to the installer and see how they look. Mr12Volt has it's own dynamic parking sensor image that's overlayed on the camera up in the corner. It's not the same as factory but it does the job.

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration