Sponsored By:

Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2023, 07:05 PM
heeltoejunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
The Mr12Volt system shuts down when locked. I left the are good over a month with the original 2014 dated battery and started it up with no issues when I was back.
​​​​​
​​​​
Thanks Roman! I did some more troubleshooting and found my PCM stuff at the porsche crest. This led me to testing the HDD and I removed the HDD and my PCM worked (from another thread this means the HDD went bad). I did one more test and tried putting the HDD back in to see what happens and the PCM never turned back on. I split open the PCM and double checked the power to mr12volt and ribbon cables, but still no luck. The PCM will blink an amber light near the HDD slot and every once in awhile the fan turns on for. second or two then stops, but that's it - nothing on screen

Now my issue seems the PCM is fried, but I will do one more sweep of double checking all the connections to mr12volt before attempting to get the PCM repaired.
Old 09-17-2023, 12:53 AM
SilverFoxActual
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android Auto wired?

Can you use a wired connection for android auto (usb c/usb)? Reason I ask is wouldnt a wired connection provide the highest audio quality output. I really want to have that Burm put out the best sound quality possible with android auto. If that isnt correct just let me know.
Old 09-17-2023, 05:18 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverFoxActual
Can you use a wired connection for android auto (usb c/usb)? Reason I ask is wouldnt a wired connection provide the highest audio quality output. I really want to have that Burm put out the best sound quality possible with android auto. If that isnt correct just let me know.
No, the system is wireless.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 09-17-2023, 11:47 PM
Shadows89
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

preparing to update my PCM with this.
Does anyone know if there's a shop in the PNW (Seattle/Portland) area that can help me install this?

Cheers
Old 10-09-2023, 08:58 AM
WakkaWakka
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello everyone

I’m looking to buy a mr12volt for my 2016 Cayenne Diesel. The car was sold new in Germany and imported here to Norway after 2 years.

It does have the original tvtuner installed but not DAB radio. How will this affect the mr12v? Earlier in this thread people have told about the tuner being an external box, and simply removed the fuse for this.. if this is the case all is good! If my pcm have some sort of internal tuner, can I simply replace this with the board from Mr12v?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of before buying or installing?

What about the external mic? Is that no longer an issue and the mr12v just uses the original one?
Old 10-09-2023, 09:34 AM
NN.
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WakkaWakka
Hello everyone

I’m looking to buy a mr12volt for my 2016 Cayenne Diesel. The car was sold new in Germany and imported here to Norway after 2 years.

It does have the original tvtuner installed but not DAB radio. How will this affect the mr12v? Earlier in this thread people have told about the tuner being an external box, and simply removed the fuse for this.. if this is the case all is good! If my pcm have some sort of internal tuner, can I simply replace this with the board from Mr12v?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of before buying or installing?

What about the external mic? Is that no longer an issue and the mr12v just uses the original one?
Hi there. In my Cayenne 2012 TV tuner is an external box in the boot. The extraction of the fuse in my case kills the TV timer and makes PCM ready to use Mr12Volt system. Unfortunately that also kills factory rear view camera. So if I want to use Mr12Volt I have to use an aftermarket camera. That wouldn’t be a problem especially taking into account that stock camera gives quite poor image so the possibility to shift to aftermarket camera is an advantage in my opinion. The problem is that parking lines and parking sensors image that are produced by Mr12Volt for aftermarket cameras are very different from the factory ones and ugly.

Probably in facelift Cayennes the rear view camera connected differently and not via TV tuner. So I would suggest you extract the fuse for TV tuner and check whether after this your camera still works. Then you shall be able to decide how to proceed.

New edition of Mr12Volt unit uses stock microphone, so no need to external one.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:43 AM
WakkaWakka
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for the reply!
If the fuse kills the camera, would disconnecting the tuner be a solution?

I’m leaning against keeping the original camera, at least for now.

@NN. Was your install strait forward after removing the fuse?
Old 10-09-2023, 10:22 AM
NN.
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WakkaWakka
Thank you for the reply!
If the fuse kills the camera, would disconnecting the tuner be a solution?
I didn’t try this. First, I suspect that without removal of the fuse the PCM will still probably have TV option in the sources and that will make a conflict with Mr12Volt. Second, to physically unplug the TV tuner and try I have to remove upholstery panels in the boot which is last thing I want to do due to a risk to damage them.

@NN. Was your install strait forward after removing the fuse?

I didn’t install Mr12Volt yet. For me the high quality sound of Mr12Volt still struggles with the ugly parking line image it makes for aftermarket cameras, so I didn’t decide so far.

If I were you, first of all I would try to remove the fuse to double check if the camera stops to work without it, as my unfortunate experience is for pre-facelift and there are chances that with facelift the things are different.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:33 PM
aaronwalker1974
3rd Gear

I just received my kit from Mr12volt. Didn't know there was another option with the correct standoffs. Anyone know the standoff size needed to clear the sirius board?
Old 10-11-2023, 08:41 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by aaronwalker1974
I just received my kit from Mr12volt. Didn't know there was another option with the correct standoffs. Anyone know the standoff size needed to clear the sirius board?
Did the kit come from me? I include them in the packaging.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:45 PM
aaronwalker1974
3rd Gear

Hi Roman. I bought it from mr12voltcar.com and looks like the package came from New Jersey. There are standoffs in the package just not tall enough to clear the fiber optic connector.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:50 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by aaronwalker1974
Hi Roman. I bought it from mr12voltcar.com and looks like the package came from New Jersey. There are standoffs in the package just not tall enough to clear the fiber optic connector.
I can sell you the correct standoffs of you like. Please reach out in pm via phone.
Old 10-14-2023, 05:40 PM
MBGoodStuff
5th Gear

Default Mr12Volt PCM video not working?

Just installed the Mr12Volt system. I'm not super technical and it was a bit of a challenge but got everything connected and installed (eventually). Problem is when I turned on the car there is no video to the PCM screen at all. The Mr12Volt is definitely connected because it comes up in the dash screen and was available to connect to my phone but nothing on PCM screen. Totally dark. I disassembled everything, removed and reseated/locked all of the ribbon cables and put it back together again but...still no video to PCM screen. Any advice or thoughts about troubleshooting? Could it just be a bad unit?
Old 10-14-2023, 05:41 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MBGoodStuff
Just installed the Mr12Volt system. I'm not super technical and it was a bit of a challenge but got everything connected and installed (eventually). Problem is when I turned on the car there is no video to the PCM screen at all. The Mr12Volt is definitely connected because it comes up in the dash screen and was available to connect to my phone but nothing on PCM screen. Totally dark. I disassembled everything, removed and reseated/locked all of the ribbon cables and put it back together again but...still no video to PCM screen. Any advice or thoughts about troubleshooting? Could it just be a bad unit?
99% chance something not plugged in.
The following users liked this post:
MBGoodStuff (10-15-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 10:38 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi @Roman ACS . I live about 2 hours from Philly. If I come up to you for an install, about how long does it take with a scheduled appointment? Also, do you do the SSD mod and can it be done the same day?

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration