Sponsored By:

Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 12:02 PM
palomino6294
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yetti96
Good question. I mainly listen to podcasts via Aux BT on my car now and when I get back in the FM radio comes on first and much louder and its really annoying. If this could just load carplay like my loaner taycans have then I would be uber pleased.
Exactly! Those are the things I want to see with the Mr12Volt installed.
Old 05-06-2023, 12:25 PM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts

Good question. I mainly listen to podcasts via Aux BT on my car now and when I get back in the FM radio comes on first and much louder and its really annoying. If this could just load carplay like my loaner taycans have then I would be uber pleased.
+1 to this, I listen to Aux BT and every time I get in the car the radio starts blasting.

Is Mr12Volt a solution to this? If using CarPlay when the car shuts off, does it turn back on to that mode?
Old 05-07-2023, 09:36 PM
Brent Davis
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed my Mr 12 V last week in my 2016 Cayenne GTS. Everything went well, and appreciate all the posts that I read to help me decide on the Mr 12 V. Here's what I learned:
1. Getting the PCM out is easy.
2. I had a bit of a time sliding the PCM open to get the card in.
3. My PCM has the XM Sirius card, and I had to install on top. I only had 3 spacers to use and the Mr 1 2V card was a bit tilted.
4. It was a tight fit sliding the PCM back together, be careful with the ribbon cables - help them get tucked in
5. Doing all the cables was OK, you do have to pull the cap off the blue box fiber optic to plug the fiber optic cable into the blue box. Took me a few minutes to figure out.
6. I routed the cables to an opening right above the brake pedal. You open this opening by removing 1 screw and taking the black plastic panel off. The blue box fits nicely up there. This keeps the box from getting crushed if installed below the steering wheel stock
7. Everything works well, connects well, great sound
8. I have installed Bimmertech in a 2017 BMW x1 and had to take a bunch of parts of to get it installed - the Porsche Mr 12 V was much easier
The following users liked this post:
lowmiler (05-08-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 04:32 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by palomino6294
Can someone upload a demo video? Get inside the vehicle, insert the key, turn on the vehicle. I'm curious to see how fast/slow it reacts on a normal day to day usage.
Here is a demo of your truly loading up the Mr12volt!

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 05-08-2023, 04:35 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brent Davis
I installed my Mr 12 V last week in my 2016 Cayenne GTS. Everything went well, and appreciate all the posts that I read to help me decide on the Mr 12 V. Here's what I learned:
1. Getting the PCM out is easy.
2. I had a bit of a time sliding the PCM open to get the card in.
3. My PCM has the XM Sirius card, and I had to install on top. I only had 3 spacers to use and the Mr 1 2V card was a bit tilted.
4. It was a tight fit sliding the PCM back together, be careful with the ribbon cables - help them get tucked in
5. Doing all the cables was OK, you do have to pull the cap off the blue box fiber optic to plug the fiber optic cable into the blue box. Took me a few minutes to figure out.
6. I routed the cables to an opening right above the brake pedal. You open this opening by removing 1 screw and taking the black plastic panel off. The blue box fits nicely up there. This keeps the box from getting crushed if installed below the steering wheel stock
7. Everything works well, connects well, great sound
8. I have installed Bimmertech in a 2017 BMW x1 and had to take a bunch of parts of to get it installed - the Porsche Mr 12 V was much easier
There is no reason for this. you need to use the correct standoffs and install the board FLAT. All kits sold by me include ADDITIONAL standoffs to those by mr12volt to help fit this all properly!!! Please dont put the board in "tension" as it will end up damaging circuitry over time.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:18 PM
yetti96
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
Here is a demo of your truly loading up the Mr12volt!

https://youtu.be/m0FSWJd-lVU
Thank you for that. Is there a way to change the Mr. 12V splash screen?
what happens if you throw it in reverse during that boot up? Will the backup camera show?
Does it boot back to the same screen you were on when you shut down? Say Waze is up and was mid-podcast, can I expect Waze to be there and my podcast to resume where I was when I shut the car off?
Old 05-10-2023, 10:50 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you for that. Is there a way to change the Mr. 12V splash screen?
what happens if you throw it in reverse during that boot up? Will the backup camera show?
Does it boot back to the same screen you were on when you shut down? Say Waze is up and was mid-podcast, can I expect Waze to be there and my podcast to resume where I was when I shut the car off?
Yes, I have software to change the boot logo. I will create a video showing how to change the splash screen.

Anytime you put the car in reverse it drops into out of Mr12volt and into the reverse cam. As soon as you doubt to find it drops back to mr12volt.

When shutting down it does not show the Mr12Volt logo.

I don't have podcasts but when I listen to pandora, which is always, it loads with whatever map software I use, which is usually Google maps. When I shut down and come to the car the next day it starts again.

I do however have an audio book player. I do manually press play on my phone. It's stops the pandora and plays the book. But does auto load if your playing it before you get into the car.
Old 05-10-2023, 11:05 PM
forbiddenbeat
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 126 Posts

Thanks Roman! I believe the video shows this and answered my question, but just to confirm, if you turn the car off in the Mr12volt mode, it comes right back on to that mode, correct?
Old 05-10-2023, 11:08 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes, the Mr12Volt loads when you start.
The following users liked this post:
forbiddenbeat (05-10-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 06:39 PM
shamrok
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does the unit do with multiple Bluetooth users? For instance, I get in the car and connect the phone, but my wife gets in the car and wants her phone to be connected, how difficult is it to switch connections? Past Android head units I've tried stumble on this and don't do well with switching. Can you set a connection priority or does it just pick up the last successful connection?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-18-2023, 06:41 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

From what I've noticed, it's the last connected device.
Old 05-18-2023, 06:42 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by shamrok
How does the unit do with multiple Bluetooth users? For instance, I get in the car and connect the phone, but my wife gets in the car and wants her phone to be connected, how difficult is it to switch connections? Past Android head units I've tried stumble on this and don't do well with switching. Can you set a connection priority or does it just pick up the last successful connection?

Thanks in advance!
my wife and I both have Mr 12 volt set up on our phones and I also have a Bluetooth that I use in my ear when I get into the car. I turn my Bluetooth off and my wife disconnects if the Mr 12 volt decides to pair with her. No real issues. Anytime you want to set preferences for the system it really should be on your phone not in the Mr12Volt hardware.
​​​
Old 05-19-2023, 11:09 AM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

My Mr. 12 volt boots up with the orinal Porsche and cayennes logos only. II was able to black out the Mr. 12 Volt logo at the beginning. Iactually have a black screne instead of the mr 12 volt stuff. Looks amazing and totally oringinal factory.. I believe posted this somewhere on RL.. Look post #48

Last edited by CarreraCup03; 05-19-2023 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-28-2023, 11:53 PM
palomino6294
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm definitely interested in one of these units and I'm sure there's a few that replied to this thread that are as well.

Can you offer a group buy discount?
Old 05-31-2023, 06:50 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by palomino6294
I'm definitely interested in one of these units and I'm sure there's a few that replied to this thread that are as well.

Can you offer a group buy discount?
Hey guys, I can definitely help you set up a group buy. Please message me directly and ill advise you on the process. Lets try keep this thread informational and not sales.

Last edited by Roman ACS; 05-31-2023 at 04:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration