Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 09:50 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Nathan at Columbia Valley Luxury Cars will be listing a clean 2010 GT3 with 26k miles soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLu3-gVl...d=d6ssynlz9ktf
Doug, you seeing this? Let's talk about it tomorrow. It's my color.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:37 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Nathan at Columbia Valley Luxury Cars will be listing a clean 2010 GT3 with 26k miles soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLu3-gVl...d=d6ssynlz9ktf
After doing some digging, I’m pretty positive this is the car.

https://www.meritpartners.com/featur...e-gt3-997-2-4/

VIN: WP0AC2A97AS783487
The following users liked this post:
Joe Cho (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 10:49 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RapidGT

Looks great, if that's the same car. Hope the mechanicals match. Awesome investigating skills, Rapid.
Joe Cho (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 10:55 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
How does Kevin even know that the original window sticker is ACTUALLY EVEN THERE in that storage unit???

imo, the risk of paying this guys over-due fees, and then the guy goes to the storage unit & says "ooops, I THOUGHT it was there!!!" ... "I'm so sorry, now I don't know where I left the dang thing" ({<but thanks for paying my storage fees>})

no way man. not me. I would go down there once it goes to auction & buy the whole damn thing outright.
There is principle here.
PLUS, remember, this guy can, up to the VERY last second, pay his over-due fees,... & at that point, if Kevin is not there in person, he would never know that the guy paid up.
OR,.. this guy could then say "well, it cost me $600 to pay over-due fees,... so like I said earlier, if you want the sticker, then please pay me the $600".

just my .02 ... but people play strange games,... & the fact that the words actually came out of his mouth to ask the guy (who just bought his $100k+ car) to pay storage fees,.... well, that tells everything about his character.

.... Back to our regularly scheduled programming of cars FS (but IMO, this has everything to do with cars for sale!!)
Agree Steve, yesterday I said It’s worth it but after another frustrating attempt to try and secure my window sticker today, I’m starting to think It’s not worth it, just on principal alone.

The concern that the window sticker isn’t there is a valid one as well. How many times do we think we put something in one place just to have it be in another.

Like you said, the fact that he just sold a $100k car and then is now making him pay anything to get the sticker is beyond crazy to me. But this is a game of risk reward. Window sticker is 1/1. So do you want the possibility of that window sticker going away forever. In a way It’s almost worth the $600 risk, but this guys character alone makes me want to say just to walk away and move on.

Ive been trying to get mine and just made another attempt, without luck, trying to make it as easy as possible, but for some reason I think when people have something that they know you want, they feel they’re in a position of power and want to continue holding that position of power as long as they can. I don’t get it. People like this make the car hobby and passion not fun and really they ruin it for me.

A huge part of me is a month away from just contacting Chris at Stuttgart studios. A guy that is an enthusiast who would gladly and willingly take my money and in return create an amazing window sticker without all of the headaches that I’m going through simply to get an original piece of documentation that I’d like to keep with a car that I intend to keep long term/forever.

Agree that this has everything to do with cars for sale. It shows that not all owners want to make transactions enjoyable. Just had to rant a bit after my experience.

Kevin, either direction you win. If you pay the $600 and get the sticker, great. If you pay the $600 and don’t get the sticker, that seller has some bad karma coming their way. If you don’t pay and instead just have Stuttgart Studios make you one, you’re supporting a great rennlist sponsor and someone that does quality work. Best of luck with whatever you choose. I know I need it.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:07 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

All good points,... and after I simmered down a bit,.. I'm sure if I spoke to Kevin directly, and hashed through all the pros & cons, I would support him in any direction he took. In the end, as others have pointed out, its just a mere fraction of the cost of the car, and getting ahold of that original paper warrants any tactic taken.

It may seem many of us are passionate about this,... but it is because we are a close knit community, and all we want to see is Kevin taken care of. AND for the documents to STAY with the car. That has always been my moto. The CAR deserves to have all its documentation retained,... no matter who the steward is.

peace.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:42 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
All good points,... and after I simmered down a bit,.. I'm sure if I spoke to Kevin directly, and hashed through all the pros & cons, I would support him in any direction he took. In the end, as others have pointed out, its just a mere fraction of the cost of the car, and getting ahold of that original paper warrants any tactic taken.

It may seem many of us are passionate about this,... but it is because we are a close knit community, and all we want to see is Kevin taken care of. AND for the documents to STAY with the car. That has always been my moto. The CAR deserves to have all its documentation retained,... no matter who the steward is.

peace.
Thanks guys. I didn't want to distract the thread too much. Appreciate your comments. I would not pay anything upfront, that's for sure. Annoying? Yes. The only question is whether it's worth $340 for it. Suppose so.

The reason it's worth it is now that I've spent some time in, out, and under the car, it's a f*cking diamond. And a joy to drive. Took it to work to sign a few checks today and a female employee is a Porche freak so I took her for a spin. What a riot. And in fact, you could even daily drive it. It's surprising how my preconceived notions of the car compare to reality. I think I'll do a comparison to the GTS for my Youtube channel
fijibubba (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 12:20 AM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 406 Likes on 122 Posts

Damn, you guys don't miss a thing It's an amazing car in a tough to find spec thats for sure!
nle (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 01:56 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

if that car was from merit and now at Nathans, just buy it.
both shops are **** retentive, especially Nathan at CV. I bought several cars from Nathan, no disappointments.
The following 4 users liked this post by mooty:
Busta Rib (02-26-2021), karmx7 (02-27-2021), nathan1 (02-26-2021), nle (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 09:22 AM
trbo94
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Apparently when I posted it last year, it had been on the market for a while. Post 4646 and 4647 have additional info.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...hread-310.html

WP0AC2A96AS783495

If you want to know how it goes I put a deposit on the car earlier this week and have a PPI for monday the 8th set up. Seems like a great deal to me so I pulled the trigger. Been looking for awhile for a 997.2 gt3 and this one has a lot of work done to it I would of wanted to do anyways all done at porsche. 3rd PPI I will be paying on my search so I hope this time it works out.
Robocop305 (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 09:48 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

It sold already. How much were they asking? The .2 from Nathan’s.

Last edited by Robocop305; 02-26-2021 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:55 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by trbo94
If you want to know how it goes I put a deposit on the car earlier this week and have a PPI for monday the 8th set up. Seems like a great deal to me so I pulled the trigger. Been looking for awhile for a 997.2 gt3 and this one has a lot of work done to it I would of wanted to do anyways all done at porsche. 3rd PPI I will be paying on my search so I hope this time it works out.
Congrats. Did you see it in person? What mods did it have?

Are any of the other cars that you passed on still for sale? If so maybe you can shed some light on them and why you passed.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:11 AM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Robocop305
It sold already. How much they were asking? The .2 from Nathan’s.
If its already gone before it was available, that's really disappointing.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:35 AM
trbo94
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Congrats. Did you see it in person? What mods did it have?

Are any of the other cars that you passed on still for sale? If so maybe you can shed some light on them and why you passed.
Not seen in person. I got video's and extra pics of it so I feel good about the external condition of the car. Mods that I am a fan of are the welded coolant lines, rs clutch/flywheel, cams pinning and gt2 carbon bucket seats.
No first one did sell and the second car was not listed it was a user on her that posted he was willing to sell his car. After I turned it down and he now knowing something new about the car he said he was going to keep it so it is not listed. But I can say the PPI showed some paint work only on right side so we both thought it was wrecked sometime in the past. The first car sold had over revs in range 4 so I passed but guess other buyer was ok with that...
Old 02-26-2021, 10:40 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by trbo94
Best of luck! Definitely keep us posted.
Joe Cho (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 12:07 PM
gerryros
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
if that car was from merit and now at Nathans, just buy it.
both shops are **** retentive, especially Nathan at CV. I bought several cars from Nathan, no disappointments.

I looked at this .2 when it was still there at Merit - it was 100% right, really really nice - I wanted something a little more driver-ish.

And agree, +1 on Merit, they are just a few miles from my house. I bought my .1 from Burt.

Last edited by gerryros; 02-26-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...