Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 02:35 PM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,008 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Does my deviated stitching make my sofas look fat?
This gave me a good chuckle. I agree the ownership group has changed over time. Which is both interesting and disappointing. Mad respect for people who continue to drive as the car was designed.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:49 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio

I failed to pick it up when I bought the car. Turns out it's in a storage facility with some junk and he owes $678 on it to get it out or it goes to auction. The a-hole wants me to pay half to get the sticker and COA out. I love the car so much. It's mint, and I'd like to keep the sticker with it. Outside of the fact that people behave like sh*t anymore, would you pay it? Is a sticker worth that to a potential buyer years later?
Just print this and be done with him.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
GT3window sticker.pdf (117.4 KB, 73 views)
Old 02-24-2021, 02:52 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by fijibubba
If you know where the car was originally sold, contact that dealer. They may be able to give you a copy they have stored. Not sure how different the copy would be from the original but it's better than nothing.

I can get a PDF copy from Vinanalytics.com but the original would be nice. And truth be told, enhance the value with records.

I don't treat people that way, and I take my word and commitments seriously.

PS - thanks 8Lug

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 02-24-2021 at 02:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Upscale Audio:
fijibubba (02-24-2021), Joe Cho (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 04:48 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

The RM car has a few flaws and was not in the kind of condition that the 4k Pumpkin that sold for $215k on BAT. The BAT car was in crazy condition, and had so much documantation. The guy I just bought my GT3 from sold it because he found a .2RS w/3k miles and supposedly flawless. He paid just north of $200k for it from a guy in Arizona I think. It had a lot of stickers on it like a cup car or somesuch.

Here's a question (not to hijack this thread)

The guy I bought my car from advertised it on Autotrader showing the window sticker and COA as he had just purchased it from Isringhausen Autotrader ad

I failed to pick it up when I bought the car. Turns out it's in a storage facility with some junk and he owes $678 on it to get it out or it goes to auction. The a-hole wants me to pay half to get the sticker and COA out. I love the car so much. It's mint, and I'd like to keep the sticker with it. Outside of the fact that people behave like sh*t anymore, would you pay it? Is a sticker worth that to a potential buyer years later?
hell no it isn't worth it - F that dude and his BS extortion
The following 3 users liked this post by pissedpuppy:
fijibubba (02-24-2021), Joe Cho (02-24-2021), Robocop305 (02-25-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 05:15 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

The RM car has a few flaws and was not in the kind of condition that the 4k Pumpkin that sold for $215k on BAT. The BAT car was in crazy condition, and had so much documantation. The guy I just bought my GT3 from sold it because he found a .2RS w/3k miles and supposedly flawless. He paid just north of $200k for it from a guy in Arizona I think. It had a lot of stickers on it like a cup car or somesuch.

The guy I bought my car from advertised it on Autotrader showing the window sticker and COA as he had just purchased it from Isringhausen Autotrader ad

As crazy as it is, I'd pay to get it. I'm actually dealing with something similar right now, never thought I'd find the window sticker to mine but found out one of the owners has it, who really wants to keep it for himself for some reason even after multiple offers. Sounds like he is finally ok with giving it to me, but we have not been able to meet up recently, even though I just offered to pay for Fedex shipping on it since I want it in my hands sooner than later. On a car you're keeping long term, I'd prefer to have it.

Ridiculous though that he won't just pay for the storage fee to give it to you on a $100k+ car.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:53 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Black RS 4.0 with 6k miles. Steel brakes, buckets, and full leather with red stitching and inserts. $198k original MSRP. Asking price is $485k.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...=myATCsavedcar

VIN: WP0AF2A96BS785613
I sure love the look of this 4.0...Menacing!!! I think the Red "steel calipers' are awesome with the rest of the car. Sure, its an aesthetic thing but, for me, that's part of the experience. That Red interior is so baddass and works so well with the rest of the car. Great package here.

Quick off topic Q: Are the "Steel" rotor options for the red caliper cars, the same for the Yellow Caliper cars, or are the steel options better for the yellow calipers cars, due to differences in the 2 calipers. I guess I'm wondering if the Yellow Calipers are any better than the Red's, if steel rotors are used.

TIA!
Old 02-24-2021, 07:04 PM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by christallon
I sure love the look of this 4.0...Menacing!!! I think the Red "steel calipers' are awesome with the rest of the car. Sure, its an aesthetic thing but, for me, that's part of the experience. That Red interior is so baddass and works so well with the rest of the car. Great package here.

Quick off topic Q: Are the "Steel" rotor options for the red caliper cars, the same for the Yellow Caliper cars, or are the steel options better for the yellow calipers cars, due to differences in the 2 calipers. I guess I'm wondering if the Yellow Calipers are any better than the Red's, if steel rotors are used.

TIA!
If you order ceramics (PCCB) you get yellow, if you order steel you get red. That's how Porsche does it.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:30 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Red Caliper PCCB's were an option for 4.0s?
Old 02-24-2021, 08:04 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Originally Posted by idk_alex
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Red Caliper PCCB's were an option for 4.0s?
As far as I know, the 4.0 cannot have red brake calipers unless you get steel brakes. PCCB’s only come in yellow.

Last edited by RapidGT; 02-24-2021 at 08:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
E-Man (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 08:39 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Yes, true, Red only if you order steel, and yellow if you order PCCB. My Q is wether the options for steel rotors in red calipers vs steel in yellow calipers are so good that they work better in yellow calipers now... or, Is the only difference with the calipers the paint color, therefore steel rotors work the same in either caliper? Many people are installing steel rotors in Yellow calipers. I have steel rotors in my yellow calipers and find them immensely good, the initial bite is unreal...

I do understand the PCCB's are likely better overall. I also love the way PCCB rotors manage not to dust the wheels.

CheeRS,
Chris

Last edited by christallon; 02-24-2021 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:10 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by christallon
Yes, true, Red only if you order steel, and yellow if you order PCCB. My Q is wether the options for steel rotors in red calipers vs steel in yellow calipers are so good that they work better in yellow calipers now... or, Is the only difference with the calipers the paint color, therefore steel rotors work the same in either caliper? Many people are installing steel rotors in Yellow calipers. I have steel rotors in my yellow calipers and find them immensely good, the initial bite is unreal...

I do understand the PCCB's are likely better overall. I also love the way PCCB rotors manage not to dust the wheels.

CheeRS,
Chris
I don't think there's much difference in the braking ability of either. I believe the steel rotors with yellow calipers will be a larger diameter. This may offer slightly more surface area, but more weight along with it. The red caliper steels are likely a better balance between weight and performance. Just my $0.02
Old 02-24-2021, 09:32 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Thanks Ranger. Appreciate this input...
Old 02-24-2021, 10:44 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 334 Posts

Adding to what 8Lug and RapidGT were talking about above....Nice spec for a healthy price.

2011 White 3RS Asking 240K, 9,600 Miles

​​​​​​VIN: WP0AC2A93BS783231

​​​​​​https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Last edited by fijibubba; 02-24-2021 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:15 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 845 Likes on 442 Posts

So the same guy that bought a 200k+ car owes a few hundreds to a storage facility & want you to pitch in? wow ppl are amazing.
The following users liked this post:
switchcars (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 02:17 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 845 Likes on 442 Posts

If that's what it takes & you really want it just do it. Make sure he gets your 'nice blessings' afterwards.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...