Rennlist Member

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,342 Posts

This one sold for $180k with fees.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:17 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by texass4

I really wonder if what we're seeing is the proliferation of brand-new car collectors/enthusiasts who've never really been interested in following the car market the way many of us here have for years. Now suddenly, there's this central clearinghouse where you can find any dream car imaginable, whether it's that 5 year old Ferrari that you talked your wife into letting you buy for your 60th birthday after time-served in the minivan hauling kids around or looking for the replacement Mustang like the one you sold after college when you had to grow up. For those people, it's no longer inconvenient to search multiple ways to find something to buy and that convenience boosts demand/competition. The "amazon prime" effect for collector car buying. Click, click, SOLD! Hell, BaT is even offering to handle shipping logistics now! You literally don't even need to get off the couch to have the car of your dreams show up in your driveway.

Thoughts?
Even 991.1 GTSs are high right now. It's all bonkers. I can tell you guys clearly what this is: Fat 401Ks, high real estate values, stimulus checks, and people aren't spending $20k on vacations, bars and restaurants. If they didn't lose their job, people have more money than they know what to do with.

My company was up 45% for fiscal year 2020, and it's increased even more these last two months. January 1st to today we're up 81% compared to 2020 same period. Klipsch doubled their business in 2020. Porsches are not much different than High End Audio.

I've heard this tune before. In 2006. And I know that my business dropped in half during the recession. I know we would like to add a lot of credence to the beauty and driveability of the 997 GT3 and GT3RS, but it's everything. And it will drop. EDIT: We took a 50% hit during the recession.

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 03-05-2021 at 07:10 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Upscale Audio:
Liste-Renn (03-06-2021), mikes70 (03-05-2021), switchcars (03-06-2021), zshecht7792 (03-05-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,170 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Even 991.1 GTSs are high right now. It's all bonkers. I can tell you guys clearly what this is: Fat 401Ks, high real estate values, stimulus checks, and people aren't spending $20k on vacations, bars and restaurants. If they didn't lose their job, people have more money than they know what to do with.

My company was up 45% for fiscal year 2020, and it's increased even more these last two months. January 1st to today we're up 81% compared to 2020 same period. Klipsch doubled their business in 2020. Porsches are not much different than High End Audio.

I've heard this tune before. In 2006. And I know that my business dropped in half during the recession. I know we would like to add a lot of credence to the beauty and driveability of the 997 GT3 and GT3RS, but it's everything. And it will drop.
I agree completely with what is causing pricing to go up.

Also, these buckets were listed a couple days ago. The fact that they're already bid to $9,997 is showing just how insane the market on BAT is. Those seats should be $8-9k, I think.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/po...7-sport-seats/

I hope they realize that Carnewal sells them for $9300 and Suncoast sells them for $11,500. Yes, I understand that those come with some additional parts, but we're talking new seats. Even if Carnewals were $10k or so with shipping, why not just buy new?

http://www.carnewal.com/products/997...-:-997-version

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/GT2SEATS.html
Old 03-05-2021, 07:10 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
I agree completely with what is causing pricing to go up.

Also, these buckets were listed a couple days ago. The fact that they're already bid to $9,997 is showing just how insane the market on BAT is. Those seats should be $8-9k, I think.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/po...7-sport-seats/

I hope they realize that Carnewal sells them for $9300 and Suncoast sells them for $11,500. Yes, I understand that those come with some additional parts, but we're talking new seats. Even if Carnewals were $10k or so with shipping, why not just buy new?

http://www.carnewal.com/products/997...-:-997-version

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/GT2SEATS.html
Yea I was interested in those until they went through the roof. The Carnewel seats or ROW and you can't use them from what I researched without the passenger airbag lights staying on. Unless you guys know a fix. I never did find one.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:30 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,170 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Yea I was interested in those until they went through the roof. The Carnewel seats or ROW and you can't use them from what I researched without the passenger airbag lights staying on. Unless you guys know a fix. I never did find one.
Hi Kevin, great info regarding the Carnewal seats. Did not know that they were ROW specific seats and my guess is that they do not contain the passenger occupancy sensor. I wonder if there is a way to code it out via PIWIS. Either way, I would not feel comfortable altering the airbag system.

Luckily for me at my height, they don't work, so I don't even have to consider buying them. If I did, I would need both lowering brackets (which only give you about .75") and then much thinner foam. Either way, not a $8k risk I'm willing to take.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:44 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Hi Kevin, great info regarding the Carnewal seats. Did not know that they were ROW specific seats and my guess is that they do not contain the passenger occupancy sensor. I wonder if there is a way to code it out via PIWIS. Either way, I would not feel comfortable altering the airbag system.

Luckily for me at my height, they don't work, so I don't even have to consider buying them. If I did, I would need both lowering brackets (which only give you about .75") and then much thinner foam. Either way, not a $8k risk I'm willing to take.
Ohmygod I researched that one till I was blue. I don't think it can be. There was a thread about it and taking parts from this and that and sh*t forget it. I'd rather just get them from Suncoast. It's almost like you rent them since you can get so much money back
The following users liked this post:
switchcars (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 08:28 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

I've heard this tune before. In 2006. And I know that my business dropped in half during the recession. I know we would like to add a lot of credence to the beauty and driveability of the 997 GT3 and GT3RS, but it's everything. And it will drop. EDIT: We took a 50% hit during the recession.
+1
I just wrote something along those lines in the "Dealer Allocation Thread":

This GT car "demand" is driven by the $trillions flushed into the markets over the last year. All it takes is a 20% market "correction" and there will be raining GT/GTS cars at bargain prices. A proper pop of the bubble would open the flood-gates producing only sellers and no buyers. No one seems to remember 1999 and 2006 any more.

There's likely hyper-inflation coming. What you perceive as "GT car demand" is just demand for "anything but fiat money". People are rushing to exchange increasingly more worthless fiat money for anything not nailed to the ground. Things are going to be volatile and it's hard to predict who/what is going to come ahead.

Half of the people who think they want a GT car only think so because they're flush with cash, not because they actually need or want one. Even in "good times" 10k mile GT cars average 3+ owners. There are 3x more GT cars than people that actually want/need them.

KDAWG97M3 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 09:10 PM
C Alexander
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Doug.. beautiful RS right here..

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-gt3-rs-29/
The following 3 users liked this post by C Alexander:
RAudi Driver (03-05-2021), switchcars (03-06-2021), Upscale Audio (03-05-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by C Alexander
There Doug goes listing a spec that is cat-nip for me.
Upscale Audio (03-05-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 09:17 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
+1
I just wrote something along those lines in the "Dealer Allocation Thread":

This GT car "demand" is driven by the $trillions flushed into the markets over the last year. All it takes is a 20% market "correction" and there will be raining GT/GTS cars at bargain prices. A proper pop of the bubble would open the flood-gates producing only sellers and no buyers. No one seems to remember 1999 and 2006 any more.

There's likely hyper-inflation coming. What you perceive as "GT car demand" is just demand for "anything but fiat money". People are rushing to exchange increasingly more worthless fiat money for anything not nailed to the ground. Things are going to be volatile and it's hard to predict who/what is going to come ahead.

Half of the people who think they want a GT car only think so because they're flush with cash, not because they actually need or want one. Even in "good times" 10k mile GT cars average 3+ owners. There are 3x more GT cars than people that actually want/need them.

Nobody needs one. True there's stimulus money but people getting a couple $1200 checks isn't going to effect Porsche prices as much as the dynamic shift is what this crowd has been spending money on. I speak to these kinds of people and they realize spending $20k on a vacation leaves you with some nice memories but not much else. And going out to dinner and bars costs a lot more than people realize, and people working at home eat cheap and don't need gas. How about season tickets for sports and live entertainment? A full year of nothing fun activities to spend money on. Hence cars, stereo equipment, and home improvement. Stuff that is tangible and lasts. It's a wake-up call much in the same way as companies having employees working remotely.

I have a blue 2015 GTS with a $154k sticker that I bought almost 3 years ago for $109k and 8500 miles. It's still worth that now. Bonkers. What happened after the Spanish Flue epidemic? The roaring 20's. I don't know if it's 100% doom and gloom for our future or not. Beyond my pay grade.

Anyway...back to the previous program and the f*cking beautiful white RS on BAT. Wow.

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 03-05-2021 at 09:48 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Upscale Audio:
Blk87911 (03-06-2021), Robocop305 (03-06-2021), switchcars (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 11:31 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,983 Likes on 1,767 Posts

I didn't even want to ask Doug what he was asking for that White Rs as it's out of my range.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:46 AM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Received 198 Likes on 105 Posts

I’m sure it’s going to fetch big money, just baffling that for such low miles car the bumper and wheels had to be refinished. who was driving this thing?

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I didn't even want to ask Doug what he was asking for that White Rs as it's out of my range.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:28 AM
Salespunk
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts

Nobody needs one. True there's stimulus money but people getting a couple $1200 checks isn't going to effect Porsche prices as much as the dynamic shift is what this crowd has been spending money on. I speak to these kinds of people and they realize spending $20k on a vacation leaves you with some nice memories but not much else. And going out to dinner and bars costs a lot more than people realize, and people working at home eat cheap and don't need gas. How about season tickets for sports and live entertainment? A full year of nothing fun activities to spend money on. Hence cars, stereo equipment, and home improvement. Stuff that is tangible and lasts. It's a wake-up call much in the same way as companies having employees working remotely.
What has affected Porsche prices/demand is PPP money. I know multiple business owners that ended up with SIGNIFICANT bonuses as a result. Was just talking to one friend yesterday and he mentioned he was receiving $60K in his second PPP "loan" and that is the smallest I have heard. Most of the others with 10-20x larger on businesses that have been unaffected by the current economic situation.

This phenomenon is not just in the US either, in the UK luxury/exotic auto sales skyrocketed after checks went out for their PPP equivalent.
Robocop305 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 03:12 AM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

That white RS, wow.

How can someone own it and not drive it? That baffles me, supposed to be 66 here tomorrow and I cannot wait to go for a drive.
zshecht7792 (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 09:08 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Speeds5
I’m sure it’s going to fetch big money, just baffling that for such low miles car the bumper and wheels had to be refinished. who was driving this thing?
Same question occurred to me as well. What happened to the original silver wheels, as those are orange wheels that have been painted silver? On a 3k mile car. The car looks pristine from the pics, though. That underside is a museum piece.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...