Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 04:40 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

In a way, I’m glad this played out this way. I’m always shopping for something to add and I have to say there’s been a few cars that have caught my eye on their site but having heard about Grand Prix Motors before I’ve always had a vague but uninformed notion that something was not quite right. I was shocked to see the utter disdain and sheer disrespect exhibited by them especially here. Regardless of any personal feelings that dealer might have about rennlist, it’s just bad business airing that out in a chat forum the should be your base. I buy a lot of cars and I suspect a lot of people on here do as well. In the watch community, we say buy the seller. Same holds true for the car community I think.
The following 2 users liked this post by Turbo Racer:
Flat6997 (03-03-2023), jonwb (03-03-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 05:04 PM
RennReddy
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Racer
In a way, I’m glad this played out this way. I’m always shopping for something to add and I have to say there’s been a few cars that have caught my eye on their site but having heard about Grand Prix Motors before I’ve always had a vague but uninformed notion that something was not quite right. I was shocked to see the utter disdain and sheer disrespect exhibited by them especially here. Regardless of any personal feelings that dealer might have about rennlist, it’s just bad business airing that out in a chat forum the should be your base. I buy a lot of cars and I suspect a lot of people on here do as well. In the watch community, we say buy the seller. Same holds true for the car community I think.
Well said!
The following users liked this post:
Turbo Racer (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 09:46 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 530 Likes on 349 Posts

Escalades are junk. 🤌🏻
The following 2 users liked this post by JS:
jonwb (03-03-2023), welikethetrack (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 10:24 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 653 Likes on 292 Posts

Wow!
I'll drop a grand prik (will confirm which grand prix store/location, was not aware how played out that name is) story from 2016, I was on the hunt for a pumpkin and found one at your socal location. With all the back and fourth it came out that it had a minor accident that required a bumper replacement and paint at a cost of $7k. I thought no biggie and asked a couple people about that particular RS and with a bit more research I came across $50k+ (if I remember correctly) repair bill. The former owner was the owner of BRR racing in Los Gatos. You mention your client traded in three cars to get into something else, that should instantly ring a bell with you now!

We need to start a dedicated thread for gp and peel away the onion.

Originally Posted by 503.993
and it was the cheapest on the market and everyone knew the story. Should that car have gone to the crusher?? I recommend to most of our customers to check out the technical threads on Rennlist, and to get a laugh out of the market experts in threads like this.

signing off… cheers!

Last edited by FLT6SPD; 03-02-2023 at 11:21 PM. Reason: (will confirm which grand prix store/location, was not aware how played out that name is)
welikethetrack (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 10:39 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Kinda feel bad for Grand Prix… the owner prob has no idea one of his rogue 20 year old internet sales reps jumps on Rennlist to flex and just gets steam rolled lol

wait no I don’t

Last edited by Wonderdan; 03-02-2023 at 10:44 PM.
fayraree (03-12-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 10:39 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Wow!
I'll drop a grand prik story from 2016, I was on the hunt for a pumpkin and found one at your socal location. With all the back and fourth it came out that it had a minor accident that required a bumper replacement and paint at a cost of $7k. I thought no biggie and asked a couple people about that particular RS and with a bit more research I came across $50k+ (if I remember correctly) repair bill. The former owner was the owner of BRR racing in Los Gatos. You mention your client traded in three cars to get into something else, that should instantly ring a bell with you now!

Are you sure it's the same Grand Prix? AFAIK, the Portland outfit hasn't had another location, and the name Grand Prix isn't exactly unique, so there are lots of dealerships with some play on that name. Just wanting to make sure the shenanigans are correctly attributed... It doesn't seem like the guys in Portland need any more credit than they deserve.
Robocop305 (03-05-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 11:17 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 653 Likes on 292 Posts

l'l dig through my old emails when I'm back in the office next week, I'm still on pop3 to archive. In the mean time I will edit the post.

Originally Posted by Me&You
Are you sure it's the same Grand Prix? AFAIK, the Portland outfit hasn't had another location, and the name Grand Prix isn't exactly unique, so there are lots of dealerships with some play on that name. Just wanting to make sure the shenanigans are correctly attributed... It doesn't seem like the guys in Portland need any more credit than they deserve.
Me&You (03-02-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 02:15 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
Kinda feel bad for Grand Prix… the owner prob has no idea one of his rogue 20 year old internet sales reps jumps on Rennlist to flex and just gets steam rolled lol

wait no I don’t
Nothing rogue, story isn’t over.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:21 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Wow!
I'll drop a grand prik (will confirm which grand prix store/location, was not aware how played out that name is) story from 2016, I was on the hunt for a pumpkin and found one at your socal location. With all the back and fourth it came out that it had a minor accident that required a bumper replacement and paint at a cost of $7k. I thought no biggie and asked a couple people about that particular RS and with a bit more research I came across $50k+ (if I remember correctly) repair bill. The former owner was the owner of BRR racing in Los Gatos. You mention your client traded in three cars to get into something else, that should instantly ring a bell with you now!

We will have a dedicated thread shortly. We don’t have a socal location, however
Old 03-03-2023, 02:23 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RennReddy
Well said!
I am shocked by the half truths in this thread! Buyer beware. Get a PPI on any used car you buy.
Turbo Racer (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 02:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Very unprofessional way you are handling this. Doug is one of the most respected and knowledgeable people in this sector of cars. Very rarely have I heard people have anything bad to say about him. Your dealer on the other hand I hear a lot of mixed reviews about. Massively overpricing cars when the car or your dealers reputation don’t warrant it and also selling multiple storied cars without proper disclosure when often it doesn’t take an expert to find out something is wrong with them. Just entering the VIN on Google can tell enough yet you guys still deny any knowledge. I’ve heard you guys give the excuse that you don’t have time to properly assess cars and it’s simply not a valid reason for selling storied cars on multiple occasions. You guys should just stop commenting on here and BaT as you’re just validating why people should never do business with your dealer.
Hello! You’d be surprised what happens off of Rennlist in the Porsche community,

Massively overpricing cars? What does that mean? Do you understand how a market works?
Old 03-03-2023, 03:32 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Turbo Racer
Rennlist is a great platform with a lot of great active users. No disrespect to anyone here, unless you pointed a finger without all the details (we still don’t have them, how could you?) or didn’t find humor in my Escalade joke. And yes to be clear, we don’t do business with everyone - about 70% of our inquiries to be exact. Is that wild that a business doesn’t want to work with everyone? Have you ever negotiated with a RL’er that knows it all but doesn’t have the car they want in their garage? Exhausting over time (that’s a joke too - fun industry!).

It is bad business letting web forum trolls and auction platform commenters blame your organization & team for a car’s story being hidden.

Not surprised to see a user on BaT with a 997 related named accused of being a GP employee - anyone siding with GP is being paid, I guess.

Now the big question is who knew what damage happened to this car in 2017?

We have a RL poster who inspected the car post “accident,” passed on it, and said the owner thought it would be a total loss… then the dealer highly respected by some of this community bought it back and sold to another customer without knowing all the details or having documentation?

Why would a dealer buy the car back without basic information/documentation, sell to a “retail” customer, then share repair estimates in a public auction 4 years later? It’s great that BaT is a place for users to help each other, but odd when you call yourself out for introducing a car into the market with questionable history and little documentation.

I appreciate that we are able to piece together more of this story on Rennlist - thank you all for your help. We have learned more outside of Rennlist, of course.

Sorry that text can be brash and questions have gone unanswered in this thread - we continue to learn more about this story and the story is certainly interesting.

Last edited by 503.993; 03-03-2023 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:03 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,312 Posts

…..

Last edited by RapidGT; 03-03-2023 at 08:33 AM.
fayraree (03-12-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 08:57 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Hello! You’d be surprised what happens off of Rennlist in the Porsche community,

Massively overpricing cars? What does that mean? Do you understand how a market works?
I do talk to people in the Porsche Club and the feelings about your establishment are basically the same as they are here. I thought “massively overpricing” would have been a pretty clear term, but apparently not for some. There are dealers that can charge top dollar prices as they have a reputation for selling exclusively no story cars and if they do (some will just turn these examples away in the first place) are able to disclose them fully. You guys have a reputation of selling questionable examples without properly disclosing them, but still ask these top dollar prices that another highly respected dealer would ask sometimes more. Also the car you are asking this top dollar price sometimes isn’t perfect and has a story behind it. All this might explain why some of the cars have sat in your inventory for several months some over a year.

I’ve had enough of this drama let’s get this thread back on track!

Last edited by RapidGT; 03-03-2023 at 09:04 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RapidGT:
fijibubba (03-04-2023), neurotic (03-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023, 09:43 AM
Britzky9
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Have you ever negotiated with a RL’er that knows it all but doesn’t have the car they want in their garage? Exhausting over time (that’s a joke too - fun industry!).
I resemble this remark.

Actually, never even got to the negotiations, but Tanya was very polite on the phone, and was nice enough to send me videos on the Speed Yellow TT, GT3, and GT2...got a thing for yellow cars...probably a Rex Racer issue from childhood...

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...