Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 09:49 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,983 Likes on 1,767 Posts

Originally Posted by Robocop305
I have the exact car but with black seat belts. I want to replace them with yellow ones. It’s an awesome combo with the yellow stitching and the PCCBs.
https://www.safetyrestore.com/conten...RoC6dQQAvD_BwE
The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
gt3ftw (05-26-2023), Robocop305 (05-23-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 10:56 PM
Bobby G
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

2010 GT3 with 37K miles, CF buckets, mods like CF intake and aftermarket exhaust, and 3 owners sold for $156K on BAT today. There were many people watching and chiming in. I thought about bidding up to $14x,000, but thought it was a two person race up. Interesting comp nonetheless.

BG
Old 05-26-2023, 12:06 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bobby G
2010 GT3 with 37K miles, CF buckets, mods like CF intake and aftermarket exhaust, and 3 owners sold for $156K on BAT today. There were many people watching and chiming in. I thought about bidding up to $14x,000, but thought it was a two person race up. Interesting comp nonetheless.

BG
I saw that. everyone was caught up in the overrev report and totally overlooked the fact that the car was driven hard and put away wet. You can see it in the pictures, plus it looks like it's had an off track, road or whatever event as evidenced by the scrapes under the car, front bumper and the passenger side header. Also those rockers don't look too good from the pictures. They look beat up like body work is in order.

Pictures tell a story nobody in the BAT comment section wanted to read. I'll shut up now. Enjoy the pics.

In no particular order here they are:

Besides the dirty engine, which looks totally neglected, there are scrapes on the passenger side header.

Would I be correct in saying that it's missing a torx screw, driver's side after the three center vent thingies.

Where do I start. Center grill, passenger side looks like it's been sanded or shaped in some way. Does not flow smooth.
Under the front spoiler, looks like they decided to use some screws from Home Depot to shore up something. Who knows. Also remember that I stated the front bumper has been painted. If your're gonna do it, do it right and removed the bumper and have it reconditioned. That underneath portion looks like an off the track or road scar.

Front passenger fender, look at the paint line or whatever it is on the trailing end of the fender. Rotors are toast also.

The rocker, right below where one would normally put their stone guards. That looks like body damage to me. Also no stone guards. Hmmm.

Another picture of the same:

And another one:

Tire tar or missing paint?

Driver's side rockers are not much better:

Another pic of the driver's side rocker:

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 05-26-2023 at 05:38 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
Booth9999 (06-03-2023), FLT6SPD (05-26-2023), wuX2 (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 04:06 AM
ZMC-ZH
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Import back to US

Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of parting with my 997.2 3RS (17k miles/27k km).
The car sits in Europe but was a US import.
Anyone knows if an import back is a simple procedure or if it is the same hassle as importing a car originally sold in row?
Thanks
The following users liked this post:
mezgermischief (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 12:48 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZMC-ZH
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of parting with my 997.2 3RS (17k miles/27k km).
The car sits in Europe but was a US import.
Anyone knows if an import back is a simple procedure or if it is the same hassle as importing a car originally sold in row?
Thanks
I would have no idea but what are the specs and color?
Old 05-26-2023, 04:14 PM
Bobby G
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Send me your number LOL; I'm retaining you to do a visual PPI before I buy my one. I could have excused away a number of those, but admittedly, didn't catch some of your observations.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bobby G:
Booth9999 (06-03-2023), DrainsWalletsFast (05-26-2023), GM.RS (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 04:50 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver

Undercarriage: look at the torx screws, especially the one in the middle where it appears that it decided to forget about its home hole and make its own hole through the plastic. The one on the upper left looks like it's taken a bath in coolant.

Are you talking about this screw? If so, it's actually in the correct place I believe. It's in the same spot on my .1 and the few other recent BaT cars I've checked.

The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (05-27-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 05:28 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vocan
Are you talking about this screw? If so, it's actually in the correct place I believe. It's in the same spot on my .1 and the few other recent BaT cars I've checked.

Do I stand corrected? I now have to go look at my car. Thanks for the correction. I was on roll and saw that and it just looks out of place. However, after looking at this picture, it appears that another screw is missing. Driver's side a little further down than the red square.

🥷 edit: I stand corrected in that that screw is in the correct spot, offset from the center. My car is exactly the same way. I will edit my picture in the prior reply. Thanks Vocan for clarification.

My car also has a black cup on the underside of the front bumper center hole. I'm assigning that the .2's would also. This car is missing it, if the .2's have it also.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 05-26-2023 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2023, 06:11 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 145 Posts

Do I stand corrected? I now have to go look at my car. Thanks for the correction. I was on roll and saw that and it just looks out of place. However, after looking at this picture, it appears that another screw is missing. Driver's side a little further down than the red square.

🥷 edit: I stand corrected in that that screw is in the correct spot, offset from the center. My car is exactly the same way. I will edit my picture in the prior reply. Thanks Vocan for clarification.

My car also has a black cup on the underside of the front bumper center hole. I'm assigning that the .2's would also. This car is missing it, if the .2's have it also.
Happy to help. Here's a pic I found from an impeccably clean 7k mile .2 for reference (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-911-gt3-47/):

Old 05-26-2023, 07:52 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

No Black Cup!

I'm assuming that those little black tabs on the underside of the bumper are the spoiler locking into place.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 05-26-2023 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-27-2023, 03:53 AM
ljmartyre
Rennlist Member

Received 582 Likes on 203 Posts

No Black Cup!

I'm assuming that those little black tabs on the underside of the bumper are the spoiler locking into place.
They are the tabs for clips that hold the headlight sprayer hose in place.

Ride height on the white .2 seems to be adjusted as well. The scuffs on the underside of the bumper cover also don’t seem terribly excessive.

Neither of those things would deter me personally but the dented rockers would drive me nuts.

Last edited by ljmartyre; 05-27-2023 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby G
Send me your number LOL; I'm retaining you to do a visual PPI before I buy my one. I could have excused away a number of those, but admittedly, didn't catch some of your observations.

No sh*t. @RAudi Driver Did you speak up in the auction about what you saw? The damage under the rocker panel should have been noted in the description. BAT has noted smaller defects than that.

I saw it had all the signatures from famous drivers under the hood like Sabine Schmitz etc etc. I doubt the owner ran into her at Cars and Coffee. I know these cars are made to be enjoyed on the track, But....
Old 05-27-2023, 12:57 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
No sh*t. @RAudi Driver Did you speak up in the auction about what you saw? The damage under the rocker panel should have been noted in the description. BAT has noted smaller defects than that.

I saw it had all the signatures from famous drivers under the hood like Sabine Schmitz etc etc. I doubt the owner ran into her at Cars and Coffee. I know these cars are made to be enjoyed on the track, But....
lazy owner is a lazy owner, most of the track day event guys like me (not the actual track rats) treat their cars better than their kids. I would guess new owners paying $150k< for a 15 year old car will take extra care now.

Quite the opposite of my friends with 992s who basically say “ohh well I’ll enjoy it, I can’t worry about every little ding” even though the price is the same

Last edited by Wonderdan; 05-27-2023 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:40 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio

I only saw it after Bobby G posted the completed BAT listing here. I went on to BAT, looked at the pics, looked at the reviews and came back and posted over here. Wouldn't matter as BAT removes anything I say negative about a car as they probably see me as someone who doesn't post up anything positive to help the sale. I'm not into the "Ohhh, holy Grail of a car" etc type of comments. They get old quick. Same reason I don't watch many reviews of these cars. I know what the car does and I don't need affirmation from some journalist.

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
lazy owner is a lazy owner, most of the track day event guys like me (not the actual track rats) treat their cars better than their kids. I would guess new owners paying $150k< for a 15 year old car will take extra care now.

Quite the opposite of my friends with 992s who basically say “ohh well I’ll enjoy it, I can’t worry about every little ding” even though the price is the same
I think that was it. A lazy owner who did not want to allocate to proper funds to support the car. I just worry that we're gonna have a new member come on here with another negative BAT story.
Old 05-27-2023, 05:48 PM
jbrenner
3rd Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I only saw it after Bobby G posted the completed BAT listing here. I went on to BAT, looked at the pics, looked at the reviews and came back and posted over here. Wouldn't matter as BAT removes anything I say negative about a car as they probably see me as someone who doesn't post up anything positive to help the sale. I'm not into the "Ohhh, holy Grail of a car" etc type of comments. They get old quick. Same reason I don't watch many reviews of these cars. I know what the car does and I don't need affirmation from some journalist.

I think that was it. A lazy owner who did not want to allocate to proper funds to support the car. I just worry that we're gonna have a new member come on here with another negative BAT story.
Well…. As the new owner of the car in mention, I sure hope that doesn’t happen, lol. While slightly a bummer to come onto here and see some of the comments above and those not caught on the BaT description, that’s 100% on me for not spotting it.

I do appreciate the call outs though and am looking forward to taking as great care of the car as possible while actually still enjoying it for what it is. All in all, I’m very excited to finally join the Porsche tribe, even if I’ve got a few bills in my future to get her in a good shape. I know this is the FS thread, so don’t want to hijack it but always looking for recommendations!
The following 3 users liked this post by jbrenner:
97 40th (05-30-2023), dkexige (05-28-2023), RallyBird (06-01-2023)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...