PCCM Plus factory manuals are at this link

https://www.porsche.com/internationa.../pccm/manuals/
Old 03-19-2023, 02:37 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,105 Likes on 2,124 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnycakes1
northeast Ohio
May want to check with Porsche North Olmsted. When I messaged them right after they were launched and only classic dealers had them, they had no idea what I was talking about and they said they weren't in their system. It looks like now you're able to order from them. I'd call them and ask to order one and also ask for a PCA discount, if you're a member. They typically do 10% off parts.

https://www.porschenortholmsted.com/...%3D99764259100
Old 03-19-2023, 06:35 PM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Pro tip: if attempting ANY of the custom configurations/add-ons, buy at least TWO of the wired/connectors that you need!
Old 03-19-2023, 07:53 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 581 Likes on 348 Posts

this one will be next to impossible - maybe good will thru the dealer? sorry that this happened.

volcano grey paint is a single spray (primer included) paint with no clear coat - its a quick + easy formula that they used for .1 pcm, and the 997 gauge cluster, seatBacks, even the 997.2 c4/c4s front end 'silver' grills. having taken most of the above apart and spent time trying to copy / replicate the paint formula for my own android radio - it is very difficult (if not impossible) to get a match.

even if you were to get a faceplate from porsche - there are currently no documented instructions on how to remove + disassemble the faceplate - another do at your own risk endeavour (which will likely void warranty too).

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 03-25-2023 at 07:28 PM. Reason: removed quote from deleted post prior
Old 03-19-2023, 09:55 PM
fourthirteen
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Best price I’ve seen. Harper often has best prices that I can find.
PCCM+
The following users liked this post:
TerrestrialFlyte (03-20-2023)
Old 03-19-2023, 11:54 PM
nikandriko
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

One thing to note is that sometimes I am getting “Camera Not Found” for a split second when shifting into reverse (Vs. shifting out).

@Steve W @maxw, @myw I don’t think this part will get resolved by adding a delay.

Wonder if I should power the camera instead with accessory power. It’s the only way I can think that solves both ends.

I guess this is because of the power up time of my camera but it is what it is now.

Last edited by nikandriko; 03-20-2023 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:15 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by nikandriko
One thing to note is that sometimes I am getting “Camera Not Found” for a split second when shifting into reverse (Vs. shifting out).

@Steve W @maxw, @myw I don’t think this part will get resolved by adding a delay.

Wonder if I should power the camera instead with accessory power. It’s the only way I can think that solves both ends.

I guess this is because of the power up time of my camera but it is what it is now.
it wont - the delay/capacitor only solves the problem when shifting out of reverse, not into reverse. Constant accessory power will burn out your camera early, as it will be on 99.999% more then it needs to be.

It is a very common issue when powering the camera directly from the reverse light 'the split second camera not found screen' - i noticed it too when testing various android decks (before I realized the best way was to have the pcm radio itself power the cameras.

One way to look at it is, porsche removed pin5 (cam power) while leaving the rest of the 6 pin video harness as is .... solely for the 955 pccm+. The fact is... the reverse cam was never ever meant for 997s - it was just cheaper that the only thing they needed to change was the faceplate - everything else (the cpu), wiring harnesses etc are all identical.

So 'technically' while it doesnt work 'perfectly' - 9x7 owners should be happy that we did get the backup cameras to 'work', unlike the 996 pccm+ units.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:48 AM
maxw
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by nikandriko

Same boat here.

Interestingly I do NOT get the "camera not found" blip when shifting into reverse when the engine is off. It's like the additional load of the engine and other accessories running creates just enough delay in the circuit powering up the camera.

The way I have mine wired, I'm powering off a switched 12v from the fuse box (driver side kick panel) through a relay with a 10 second power off delay (so no issue going out of reverse or if I go back in/out within that 10 seconds). It's probably reaching but it had me wondering if I used too small of a wire gauge from the fuse box (I did use a pretty small one) - or if should consider wiring the relay direct to the battery to bypass the fuse box just to give it a possible quicker path. For now though I'm going to live with it - but would be nice to figure out a solution. I had same thought too about just leaving it powered on all the time but myw has pointed out that certainly isn't ideal either.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:40 PM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 81 Posts

I don't get it.. i have none of that delay problem with my setup
the camera is powered off the reverse light, and its near instant.. I don't even get the orange message, it just shows briefly when shifting away from reverse

I think you are over complicating things
brudomen (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 12:56 PM
maxw
Instructor

Originally Posted by svandamme
the camera is powered off the reverse light, and its near instant.. I don't even get the orange message, it just shows briefly when shifting away from reverse

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hppmgeKGMgY

The orange "no camera" message is what am talking about here. I don't get it going out of reverse (as you do) but but get it going into reverse. If I powered off the reverse light maybe I wouldn't have the problem going into - my power line is running the full length of the car (from fuse box to camera in rear). And indeed maybe I'm overcomplicating things using a relay - I just didn't want to pull power from that existing circuit - but agree this likely is no big deal. Regardless either scenario, we have the "no camera" error that is annoying.
myw (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 01:12 PM
maxw
Instructor

For what it's worth, how the rear camera SHOULD work with no error messages. I get the "no camera" icon blip when I have the engine running. @svandamme do you get no camera error going into reverse when you have your engine running?

myw (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 02:20 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Max is trying to rid the orange message completely (when the camera power is out of sync with the pccm+ in reverse cam mode) - regardless of when shifting in, or out of reverse.

Originally Posted by svandamme

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hppmgeKGMgY

Old 03-20-2023, 03:27 PM
snowtx1
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry if this was already covered but I just talked to my installer and whoever installed the previous aftermarket radio cut all of the Porsche connectors out so I can't just plug the PCCM into the factory connectors. Has anyone come across this and found the correct connectors? I"m not going to rip out the dash and install a new harness so I need to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:36 PM
fritzcurtis
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Map Update! I can confirm the new nav cards work! I ordered an updated nav card from Gaudin in Vegas and received today. Popped it in and boom my gps immediately recognized my location. Weird thing is part number is the same so when buying make sure it is new stock. I am in Texas.
The following 3 users liked this post by fritzcurtis:
dlascoskie (03-20-2023), myw (03-20-2023), Steven C. (03-21-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 05:13 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by fritzcurtis
Map Update! I can confirm the new nav cards work! I ordered an updated nav card from Gaudin in Vegas and received today. Popped it in and boom my gps immediately recognized my location. Weird thing is part number is the same so when buying make sure it is new stock. I am in Texas.
Well count yourself lucky!
My SD card from Gaudin just arrived today

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Gaudin. Was told that the 1/7/22 date on the back indicates that the card is from the new batch they just received and should work for PCCM+ Can anyone confirm? I wont be able to test until tomorrow

Last edited by mchrono; 03-20-2023 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request