Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 08:38 AM
PowerFlower
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

@RaBe can you show us the cables/accessories that came with it?
Old 12-03-2022, 09:38 AM
RaBe
AutoX

Received 30 Likes on 4 Posts

The following 5 users liked this post by RaBe:
Bavarian 997 (12-03-2022), ekam (12-03-2022), G.I.G. (12-03-2022), PowerFlower (12-03-2022), wjk_glynn (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 03:03 PM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 178 Posts

@RaBe You might be the luckiest 997 owner in the world at the moment. lol

Is there a way to connect to the head unit from the back or do we need to connect our phones using the front USB?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2022, 03:37 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 169 Posts

It looks similar to the 996 PCCM+ unit, which has a breakout box with the the USB connector. When I installed the 996 version in my GT3, the instructions denote mounting it in the storage cubby underneath the head unit. I elected to mount it in the glove box and use a wireless CarPlay dongle to connect to the head unit from my phone.

Last edited by Body In White; 12-03-2022 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:54 PM
RaBe
AutoX

Received 30 Likes on 4 Posts

To be honest, i have to paint the front fascia in vehicle color…
The 2.1 is white…
Doing this I will install an usb cable from inside to the center console.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:55 PM
PowerFlower
Advanced

Thanks @RaBe ! Looks very complete and plug & play, even comes with the MOST loopback

The microphone is a bit of a cop out if I’m seeing correctly, there’s a company that sells one that fits in the OEM spot but I forgot who it was. That one has a minijack but should be easy to convert?

Originally Posted by misterdega
@RaBe You might be the luckiest 997 owner in the world at the moment. lol
Easy to forget given this is in the 997 forums but count the 987 owners as well 😉 My RS60 deserves this!
Old 12-03-2022, 04:13 PM
onnastick
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerFlower
The microphone is a bit of a cop out if I’m seeing correctly, there’s a company that sells one that fits in the OEM spot but I forgot who it was. That one has a minijack but should be easy to convert?
@PowerFlower I think you are talking about the Enfig MIC-POR1. I was planning to grab one myself to use with the previous owner's Mr12Volt bluetooth unit. They added a terrible mic and this one should work great. Unfortunately, because of where the Mr12Volt is installed, I might have to remove the whole dash to get to it. That said, at this point maybe I'll wait a tad longer and decide whether to get the PCCM instead.

BTW, I think I read somewhere (this thread? another?) the new PCCM for our 997 is not compatible with backup cameras. Is that accurate? If I am going to replace the head unit, that's when I'd be wanting to add a backup camera - would be a bummer if the OEM option doesn't support that addition.

The following users liked this post:
PowerFlower (12-04-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 09:37 AM
PowerFlower
Advanced

Originally Posted by onnastick
@PowerFlower I think you are talking about the Enfig MIC-POR1. I was planning to grab one myself to use with the previous owner's Mr12Volt bluetooth unit. They added a terrible mic and this one should work great. Unfortunately, because of where the Mr12Volt is installed, I might have to remove the whole dash to get to it. That said, at this point maybe I'll wait a tad longer and decide whether to get the PCCM instead.
Thanks yes that's the one! It's kind of pointless for me to get a microphone since I don't take calls while driving, and nobody can hear me when I've got the top down (which is always) But if the PCCM has an external microphone (I was assuming the thing in the bottom right of @RaBe 's photo is an external mic), I will install it, and I'd want it to be in the factory position (the one for my VISEO sits on top of the steering column which has annoyed me for years now). At least I hope that thing is an external mic, because the mic on the top left of the PCCM itself definitely won't be good enough in a roadster.

BTW, I think I read somewhere (this thread? another?) the new PCCM for our 997 is not compatible with backup cameras. Is that accurate? If I am going to replace the head unit, that's when I'd be wanting to add a backup camera - would be a bummer if the OEM option doesn't support that addition.
No mention of back up camera in the manual, so I'd think it doesn't support it... which would be the main reason not to get one for my CTT (which has a factory back-up camera, which I still have to repair). Not an issue for me in the RS60 because with the top down I can see where I am perfectly, but I guess that's more of an issue in a 997

Last edited by PowerFlower; 12-04-2022 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:05 AM
Hecklerstan
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

For the backup camera, this is what I read from the 997 PCCM Plus FAQ.

https://prod.pcom.porsche.com/int/-/...4597A83F0.ashx

"12. Will the factory-installed rear view camera of my first-generation Cayenne continue to be supported?? Yes, the factory-installed rear view camera is connected to the PCCM Plus by means of a multi-adapter"

Not sure if the multi-adapter is included or not.

The following users liked this post:
PowerFlower (12-05-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 12:46 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,097 Likes on 2,117 Posts

This is great! One of my concerns was where to have the microphone to have it look clean. This solves that problem for me. Really appreciate it and will order one when the PCCM is released for the US.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:03 PM
_targa4life
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
Has anyone posted the price they paid yet? I can’t seem to find that information
Old 12-04-2022, 01:26 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,097 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Originally Posted by _targa4life
Has anyone posted the price they paid yet? I can’t seem to find that information
In the US, it's not offered yet. Apparently someone reached out to Suncoast and they said they were thinking March'23. When I did see it listed on US sites, the MSRP was a little under $1500 with retailers offering it for around $1300. You can check post 233 where I posted a screenshot.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:50 PM
ElferRS
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Do you already know if there is some form of integration with Sport Chrono?

Thanks
Old 12-04-2022, 08:51 PM
stiles_s
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerFlower
For the PCM3 and up, you can get this: https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/shop-...roid-auto-kits -- which is cheaper and retains your current unit!
I know it is OT, but thanks! Going to look into this.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:05 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 372 Posts

Sub'd. Would love one of these to replace the aftermarket unit i'm using.

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request