myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

looks like a mostHur Adapter.

otherwise I see
- gps adapter
- dab adapter?
- dual fakra antenna adapter
- main power harness (attached to what I believe is the antenna power adapter to turn the unit on)
- mostHur adapter as stated, it is great to see that it is beyond the standard stereo 2-channel mostHur adapters on the market meaning front/rear fader still works.

Originally Posted by The Mick
Can you share what the connections on the other end of this box (circled) look like and the cable that plugs into it? Also the part number? Thanks.

Last edited by myw; 12-07-2022 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:52 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

seems that the using the porsche nav app + radio app (not carplay) - the info shows up on the main cluster.

amazing!

Old 12-07-2022, 12:59 PM
acf
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Spastblast

It looks good, but I’m still hoping there’s a usb port out the back so we can run a hidden usb wire to the cubby.
Old 12-07-2022, 01:37 PM
PowerFlower
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for showing me what it would look like in my RS60 Spyder Now I *have* to get one
The following users liked this post:
Spastblast (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 06:18 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by acf
It looks good, but I’m still hoping there’s a usb port out the back so we can run a hidden usb wire to the cubby.
since its a chinese android deck, you MAY be able to run a standard android pcm harness that has usb ports into the porsche pcm (assuming the port inputs havent been disabled via the OS).

but there are no usb ports - at best there may be a usb input harness that you would plug in, like all Chinese android decks.

Since the manual is out, id advise checking that out.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:22 PM
acf
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
since its a chinese android deck, you MAY be able to run a standard android pcm harness that has usb ports into the porsche pcm (assuming the port inputs havent been disabled via the OS).

but there are no usb ports - at best there may be a usb input harness that you would plug in, like all Chinese android decks.

Thanks myw!

No USB port on the back, gotcha. We will have to look out for some harness solution as you have mentioned. Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:51 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Unfortunately, it also states that only wired Apple Carplay and Android Auto is supported.
$1000+ for wired CarPlay? No thanks.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:32 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 381 Likes on 247 Posts

My guess is one of the wireless CarPlay boxes could be used to make it true wireless CarPlay.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:08 AM
Spastblast
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
Have you seen the back of the device?

Edit:
Ah, too bad. Looks like a German owner just confirmed there's no USB on the back: "Es gibt keine Box wie beim 996 mit Aux und Co., der einzige Anschluss ist der USB Port an der Front"
Roughly translates to: There's no box like there is for the 996 (PCCM+). The only connector is the front USB port.

Last edited by Spastblast; 12-08-2022 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:24 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,097 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Definitely was hoping there’d be a way to hide the USB, specifically to connect a wireless CarPlay module. However, for most of us, I’m guessing the reason we want this is because of the clean, OEM look that this is providing. I’ve seen many aftermarket head units on the market and even with the OEM bezel, it doesn’t look as clean as this one does. Not trying to argue with anyone, just my take. My purpose for buying is a clean OEM headunit and updated maps so that when I’m lost on a backroad, I don’t have to stop on the side of the road and get out my phone. I also don’t like to have a phone mounted in my car when driving. Driving is my one escape from the constant phone notifications so being able to silence my phone, connect it via CarPlay and have constantly updated maps is what I’m going for.
The following users liked this post:
yvesvidal (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 02:24 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,359 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris M.;[url=tel:18505070
18505070[/url]] $1000+ for wired CarPlay? No thanks.
Wired is the way to go.
Music quality is far superior and the phone gets charged as well.
You’re sitting in a car, WGAS whether it’s wired or Bluetooth?
The following 2 users liked this post by Liste-Renn:
emix75 (12-24-2022), yvesvidal (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 03:36 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

i went over the manual a few months ago - and since it confirmed it was a Chinese android device it made sense that like all Chinese android devices - have no physical rear plugs of any sort other then antenna + gps.

everything else (even microphone input) - are all dictated via harnesses + plugIns.

if the rear pin inputs are standard android device harness plugs - one can try either of the standard (i think 6pin or 8 pin) usb harnesses from another chinese android device and try to see if the pccm+ actually can read the usb inputs (assuming the usb inputs have not been disabled via the porsche OS skin software).

Have you seen the back of the device?

Edit:
Ah, too bad. Looks like a German owner just confirmed there's no USB on the back: "Es gibt keine Box wie beim 996 mit Aux und Co., der einzige Anschluss ist der USB Port an der Front"
Roughly translates to: There's no box like there is for the 996 (PCCM+). The only connector is the front USB port.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:41 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Definitely was hoping there’d be a way to hide the USB, specifically to connect a wireless CarPlay module. However, for most of us, I’m guessing the reason we want this is because of the clean, OEM look that this is providing. I’ve seen many aftermarket head units on the market and even with the OEM bezel, it doesn’t look as clean as this one does. Not trying to argue with anyone, just my take. My purpose for buying is a clean OEM headunit and updated maps so that when I’m lost on a backroad, I don’t have to stop on the side of the road and get out my phone. I also don’t like to have a phone mounted in my car when driving. Driving is my one escape from the constant phone notifications so being able to silence my phone, connect it via CarPlay and have constantly updated maps is what I’m going for.
there will be options my friend. and yes this in my car as I am testing the most recent revision of it. it's been on delay due to the color match for the .1 cars

the unit is as oem as I could get it too look based on some restrictions I had to deal with, my original design had it looking completely oem.

Last edited by myw; 12-08-2022 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:24 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

MYW, was this a prototype that you are testing? interested in the back story here and if you have any insights are to when we might see this in North America (including Canada)
Old 12-09-2022, 09:39 AM
Carfan1
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by myw

I'll have to explain this to an installer. How do I go about finding a "standard android PCM harness that has USB ports?"

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request