Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 04:11 PM
TLoc
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have one album which will not play on the PCCM+ system. It will play on my computer ( Windows 11 media), my 2020 BMW M135i and my old PCCM. Have tried different memory stick formats ( FAT :FAT32), different sizes 16,32,64GBs, different media formats MP3,WMA, FLAC with no luck. I loaded iTunes on to my computer but I cannot sync my i-phone( iphone 14 promax) and therefore cannot unload this piece of music onto the phone to play in apple carplay. I don’t want to pay for a steaming service, any ideas?
Old 03-04-2023, 05:12 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,036 Likes on 2,092 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinCase
You have been officially restricted to travel only in states in the first half of the alphabet.

My Porsche Classic dealer told me early this week that they had just been notified by Porsche of the availability of replacement corrected SD cards. They will have the same part number (!), and the way to obtain them -- when they come in -- is to physically swap out your existing card with your "proof of purchase." The dealer I bought mine from is 230 miles away, and they threw my SD card in with my PCM+ purchase in lieu of my PCA discount, so I have no itemized receipt. However, they had already assured me they will stand behind the product and replace my card. They also told me that you can swap out your card at *any* Porsche dealership with your original proof of purchase, but will take care of mine themselves because of the special circumstances.

With respect to the "same part number," I made a mental note to check the date on the physical card -- s/b a 2023 date instead of a 2021 date.
Thanks so much for sharing. I'll reach out to Gaudin, who I bought my PCCM Plus and SD card from and see if they can swap it out for me once they get new cards in.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:11 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Thanks so much for sharing. I'll reach out to Gaudin, who I bought my PCCM Plus and SD card from and see if they can swap it out for me once they get new cards in.
Please let me know what Gaudin says--I bought my PCCM+ and SD card from them too. When the new 2023 SD cards do hit the market, it will be interesting to see if the alphabet issue is fixed.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:49 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 564 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
No but I have already placed an order to have them made as I already have the pccm+ backup camera harnesses manufactured and being shipped to me, having helped figure it all out.
Guys, any electronics experts here?

I cracked open the 'oem' most box today as @maxw was kind enough to send me his. I looked @ the pinOuts on both the 955 diagram and even the circuit board on the box itself. I even took the harness apart. In the harness only 2 cables (pins 15 + 17) WHITE + GREEN (l+r) were enclosed in their own extra shielding and had their shared analog ground (pin16 - AGND) grounded in a different way (in order to minimize any distortion etc from the analog audio transfer). The rest of the cables related to power + digital transmission did not require extra shielding in the harness.

Im inclined to believe the audio out from the 10-pin audio harness sent to the most box is only a true 2 channel (Stereo) only. It is not 4 channel at all.

Fader emulation I believe is from digital transmission via the 2 wires transmitter TX (pin 20 - which goes into an RX pin in the mostBox) + receiver RX (pin 19 - which goes into an TX pin in the mostbox), thereBy creating a front/rear audio ratio in which fader function is achieved. But its not to be mistaken for separate Front + Rear outputs - as the FrontR + rearR channels are from a single identical R channel. Same goes with the L.

I thought the pccm+ and its most adapter was a true 4 channel unit (wasn't the 20 year old becker pcm 2.1 unit 5 channel unit with a true center channel)? my old lexus daily has dts 5.1 / dd 5.1 built in - and i know many android/aftermarket/oem radios support individual 4 channels (5 including sub).

I didn't get the harnesses made yet, and even if i did get them made for those who are running aftermarket amps - .. I believe they will be stereo 2 channel ONLY if the harness sources the audio from the 10pin (mostHur) harness. Would you aftermarket amp guys still want a 2 channel RCA out?

The other approach would to be to get 4 channel RCA outs out of 8pin iso harness B - I'll get @maxw to help me out as his car is non-bose. I'm pretty sure RCA outs can be extracted from that - and will be true 4 channel (i think) as it goes directly to the ask amp.

Enclosed are some photos of the most Unit.

Last edited by myw; 03-04-2023 at 07:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bxstrCA (03-08-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 08:05 PM
Summerjack
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Head lights and tail lights

Since installing the new pccm+ my head and tail lights come on when the car is started/running when the switch is off. The switch now only controls the fog lights. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 03-04-2023, 11:47 PM
nikandriko
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Although I went with the Rydeen CM-LIP4 as the LA shop suggested for @ryanla997, another camera option I found interesting in my research was Camera 9 from NAV-TV.

Obviously any Chinese camera will do, but the struggle here is to find something that is correct for the 997 model. Granted, there was never an OEM camera and even the Cayenne camera at that time was different and old technology. My thinking has been for the camera technology (480 lines) to match that supported by the PCCM+ and maximize the looks to be as period correct and OEM as possible.

That makes me think that one should look at recent years and figure out what are the most popular aftermarket backup cameras installed for the 997. Obviously NAV-TV pops up everywhere, they’ve modified the PCM2.1 in the past adding a video feed, so it might be a natural place to look for a popular design.

Last edited by nikandriko; 03-04-2023 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:16 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Summerjack
Since installing the new pccm+ my head and tail lights come on when the car is started/running when the switch is off. The switch now only controls the fog lights. Anyone else have this issue?
This thread has become so technical some of the basic info is getting buried. There's a daytime running light function you can turn off in the PCCM+ settings. .

Last edited by daddyscar; 03-12-2023 at 03:40 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by daddyscar:
Carfan1 (03-05-2023), myw (04-29-2024), ParkslopeDope (03-13-2023), Summerjack (03-05-2023)
Old 03-05-2023, 06:25 AM
medicus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Last edited by medicus; 03-05-2023 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-05-2023, 01:04 PM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinCase
You have been officially restricted to travel only in states in the first half of the alphabet.

My Porsche Classic dealer told me early this week that they had just been notified by Porsche of the availability of replacement corrected SD cards. They will have the same part number (!), and the way to obtain them -- when they come in -- is to physically swap out your existing card with your "proof of purchase." The dealer I bought mine from is 230 miles away, and they threw my SD card in with my PCM+ purchase in lieu of my PCA discount, so I have no itemized receipt. However, they had already assured me they will stand behind the product and replace my card. They also told me that you can swap out your card at *any* Porsche dealership with your original proof of purchase, but will take care of mine themselves because of the special circumstances.

With respect to the "same part number," I made a mental note to check the date on the physical card -- s/b a 2023 date instead of a 2021 date.

What if you haven't been able to purchase one because the NA cards are flawed? Will we have an opportunity to do that?

Last edited by bxstrCA; 03-05-2023 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2023, 01:25 PM
bxstrCA
Instructor

I'd like to believe that KAS has used this model (or similar) for retail production, with a tech manual. Has anyone had luck finding such a manual?
Old 03-05-2023, 04:28 PM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
What if you haven't been able to purchase one because the NA cards are flawed? Will we have an opportunity to do that?
Yes. That is a simple purchase -- "when the updated SD map cards become available." I have no idea when that will be, but I think Porsche has a pretty powerful incentive to make it happen pretty quickly. Once the testing is done (this time), burning a bunch of new SD cards shouldn't take very long, especially since they aren't changing the part number and all the packaging has been ready to go for some time.
The following users liked this post:
bxstrCA (03-05-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 09:55 AM
brudomen
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
No but I have already placed an order to have them made as I already have the pccm+ backup camera harnesses manufactured and being shipped to me, having helped figure it all out.
Will you be making your harness available for purchase? I bet many would purchase it. I would.
thanks
Bennett
The following 3 users liked this post by brudomen:
bxstrCA (03-06-2023), fritzcurtis (03-06-2023), JustinCase (03-06-2023)
Old 03-06-2023, 10:18 AM
bxstrCA
Instructor

I haven't seen anything specific to my current, pre-install configuration, but I imagine that I'm not alone. I'm trying to determine how to feed an aftermarket amp with a signal from the PCCM+. I removed my original ASK amp (non-BOSE system), spliced into the factory harness to complete my aftermarket setup. BUT the current aftermarket head unit has RCA outs to send the line-level signal to the amp ... PCCM+ does not. I would need to know which pins on the back would send this signal. I haven't seen any wiring diagrams specific to this. There has been mention of the 8 pin ISO connector possibly containing these outputs? If that were the case, do you think they would at line level or would I need an additional device to boost the signal? If you recall seeing anything similar to my situation, I appreciate you letting me know. Thanks again!
Old 03-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Lyn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm struggling a bit as to where exactly the XM antenna should be mounted. The instructions on the box suggests putting it on the outside of the frunk by the windshield, or on the roof, but I'm not too thrilled with that option. I have a 997 Cab and was hoping I could get it to work by mounting it under the frunk lid in the area of the battery. Any suggestions and thank you for all the info supplied so far on this thread.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:48 PM
tangledweb
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lyn
I'm struggling a bit as to where exactly the XM antenna should be mounted. The instructions on the box suggests putting it on the outside of the frunk by the windshield, or on the roof, but I'm not too thrilled with that option. I have a 997 Cab and was hoping I could get it to work by mounting it under the frunk lid in the area of the battery. Any suggestions and thank you for all the info supplied so far on this thread.
Under the metal frunk lid will not work. I put mine as close to the windshield as possible stuck to the underside of the plastic shroud between the windshield and the frank. It also needs to be facing upwards. On the roof is likely even better but not for me.

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request