Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 06:04 AM
medicus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Every time after starting the PCCM, this warning comes after the Porsche logo. Can you turn it off?
The following users liked this post:
Summerjack (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 09:52 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 564 Likes on 335 Posts

Hi tangledWeb

would your car by chance be fitted with the oem phone option? I see 2 pins in the middle of this harness that on the backside should be mated to a red + green cable. Can you confirm (would u have photos from your install)?

I believe all 997s have the oem mic installed in the steering column (regardless if TelePhone option is purchased - but only on the telephone enabled cars, does the wiring from the mics go from the steering column to the pcm area - i'm trying to figure out if we can use the oem mic. the oem mic + gps puck, despite their age should be better quality then this cheap generic android stuff.

Originally Posted by tangledweb

I cant get this black connector from the vehicle loom to plug into the red socket on one of the pccm adapters. I'm 99% sure that's where it's supposed to go. The red pccm socket looks like its pins are straight. This photo makes it look like some of the car loom side are crushed.

Do I need to figure out how to de-pin this connector on the main loom and straighten them? Can I do that with generic tools like picks and small screwdrivers or do I need to order a de-pinning tool and wait? or do i just push harder?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2023, 11:03 AM
medicus
Advanced

Andy idea.

Last edited by medicus; 03-04-2023 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:13 AM
svandamme
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 81 Posts

Try 8888 common Chinese default password on Android OS, 8888 is lucky numbers
or try some of the more obvious western ones
(keep in mind case sensitivity is a thing)

service
Service
Porsche
porsche
Admin
admin
root
Porscheclassic
porscheclassic
Old 03-04-2023, 11:18 AM
medicus
Advanced

Thx. But 8888 does not work. Also nothing else I found in www.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:23 AM
tangledweb
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
Hi tangledWeb

would your car by chance be fitted with the oem phone option? I see 2 pins in the middle of this harness that on the backside should be mated to a red + green cable. Can you confirm (would u have photos from your install)?

I believe all 997s have the oem mic installed in the steering column (regardless if TelePhone option is purchased - but only on the telephone enabled cars, does the wiring from the mics go from the steering column to the pcm area - i'm trying to figure out if we can use the oem mic. the oem mic + gps puck, despite their age should be better quality then this cheap generic android stuff.
The car has option 666 "Module for Telephone PCM". I don't think it had an external handset just the style of pcm with nav, a sim card slot and phone, sms and fax options on the pcm.

i don't have other photos but im happy to take some or test something next time i have it apart. I could nit figure out how to get pins out of that connector so probably can't actually test mic functionality but I can verify connectivity if that's in doubt.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:52 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

no rush, but when you do tackle the reverse camera and have to take it apart - pls take a photo of the rear of that harness - im quite sure the 2 middle wires are

GREEN - mic gnd
RED - mic +ive

with that confirmed I could likely figure out where the mic connection ends (i think in the nav) - and we can possibly just tap right into the oem mic (the mics are installed in ALL our cars it seems, just not wired to the pcm if we dont have the oem telephone Option #666).

thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by tangledweb
The car has option 666 "Module for Telephone PCM". I don't think it had an external handset just the style of pcm with nav, a sim card slot and phone, sms and fax options on the pcm.

i don't have other photos but im happy to take some or test something next time i have it apart. I could nit figure out how to get pins out of that connector so probably can't actually test mic functionality but I can verify connectivity if that's in doubt.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Mfleahy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by diceman725
I’m not familiar with that error but there are bad cards out there. I’ve got one. I’ve gotten somewhat conflicting information but suffice to say if your card suffers from same problem then there’s no fix yet
I have a different version of the "iGO Navigation has stopped." In my case, if I rotate the right **** to zoom out the map display, after 5 clicks iGO shuts down. If I tap "OK" it will restart back at the unzoomed level and work OK again. I can sometimes spin the **** very rapidly and get to a "Whole Earth" display of the planet in the center of the screen, but if I try to zoom back in, it faults again. I do have a Case with Porsche Customer Support, but neither local dealer (one of which is Porsche Classic) has much of a clue what to do.

I also have the now-well-known "no maps after New York" issue too. Since I'm in NJ, not that big a deal for now.

I guess we will all wait for Germany to figure out a fix. I did mention to Support that with all of the self-installs, how does Porsche Classic even know who has a PCCM+ and the map problem? With most software, you have to register with the vendor so they know who gets notified about updates/bug fixes/recalls, etc.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:33 PM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfleahy
I also have the now-well-known "no maps after New York" issue too. Since I'm in NJ, not that big a deal for now.

I guess we will all wait for Germany to figure out a fix. I did mention to Support that with all of the self-installs, how does Porsche Classic even know who has a PCCM+ and the map problem? With most software, you have to register with the vendor so they know who gets notified about updates/bug fixes/recalls, etc.
You have been officially restricted to travel only in states in the first half of the alphabet.

My Porsche Classic dealer told me early this week that they had just been notified by Porsche of the availability of replacement corrected SD cards. They will have the same part number (!), and the way to obtain them -- when they come in -- is to physically swap out your existing card with your "proof of purchase." The dealer I bought mine from is 230 miles away, and they threw my SD card in with my PCM+ purchase in lieu of my PCA discount, so I have no itemized receipt. However, they had already assured me they will stand behind the product and replace my card. They also told me that you can swap out your card at *any* Porsche dealership with your original proof of purchase, but will take care of mine themselves because of the special circumstances.

With respect to the "same part number," I made a mental note to check the date on the physical card -- s/b a 2023 date instead of a 2021 date.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:56 PM
Mfleahy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the update. I went to my regular, non-Classic dealer last week, where I bought the card, and they knew nothing. The non-Classic dealer will no longer even service my car, which was bought there.

Bought the PCCM+ from a Porsche Classic dealer, who had them, but they also knew nothing of the problem at the time (3 weeks ago). I guess I will wait a bit longer until the fog lifts and try for the swap (or until I need to pass though border control at Pennsylvania).
The following users liked this post:
JustinCase (03-04-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 01:01 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
no rush, but when you do tackle the reverse camera and have to take it apart - pls take a photo of the rear of that harness - im quite sure the 2 middle wires are

GREEN - mic gnd
RED - mic +ive

with that confirmed I could likely figure out where the mic connection ends (i think in the nav) - and we can possibly just tap right into the oem mic (the mics are installed in ALL our cars it seems, just not wired to the pcm if we dont have the oem telephone Option #666).

thanks in advance.
I installed option 666 years ago. The mic does not come installed as standard equipment. It was also one of the more expensive parts of the parts required for the install.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:32 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by The Mick
I installed option 666 years ago. The mic does not come installed as standard equipment. It was also one of the more expensive parts of the parts required for the install.
Strange, I am not sure if they came pre-installed with pcm2.1 cars or what not. I have it in my car, same with my brother when I did the installs - countless other install images on the internet (without phone option) have photos showing the mics installed in the steering column (with oem part number too - which i googled and is indeed the mic 997.646.307.02

)

Last edited by myw; 03-04-2023 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:35 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

google the other android factory setting passwords and try them

the high end private issue android unit passwords are usually '126'

the cheap public/wholesale units normally have a 4 digit (or more) password - google will help.

Originally Posted by medicus

Any idea?
Old 03-04-2023, 01:45 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
Strange, I am not sure if they came pre-installed with pcm2.1 cars or what not. I have it in my car, same with my brother when I did the installs - countless other install images on the internet (without phone option) have photos showing the mics installed in the steering column (with oem part number too - which i googled and is indeed the mic 997.646.307.02

)
Interesting… maybe it’s standard equipment on non GT cars?
Old 03-04-2023, 02:16 PM
medicus
Advanced

[QUOTE=myw;18666116]google the other android factory setting passwords and try them

the high end private issue android unit passwords are usually '126'

the cheap public/wholesale units normally have a 4 digit (or more) password - google will help.[/QUOTE

Last edited by medicus; 03-04-2023 at 05:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request