Sponsored by:

Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 09:53 PM
ochristofferson
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul S.
I had a Dension Gateway 500 in my 997 in the frunk that had to be PIWIS coded as a CD changer way back when--when I self-installed the PCCM+, there was no coding required. You should be fine.
I am fine as far as coding the PCCM+ - it works fine in all respects. (I had done the same when the Dension was installed for the original SXM radio.)
The "chirp" from the Mods4Cars module that was set now no longer works. It appears that the PCCM+ must use one of the same "channels" (not sure of the exact word) that the Mods4Cars uses for it's activities /settings.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:47 AM
PowerFlower
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Vocan
I used https://www.bergvillfx.com for mine. Even though they're in Norway, I had the amp back in about a week and the pricing is very reasonable. Would highly recommend.
Their site only lists the ASK amp repair, for a very reasonable €100, but they don't seem to do the Bose amp, unfortunately. (Still need to get mine fixed.)
Old 02-14-2024, 02:44 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerFlower
Their site only lists the ASK amp repair, for a very reasonable €100, but they don't seem to do the Bose amp, unfortunately. (Still need to get mine fixed.)
I’m pretty sure they do both but I could be wrong. I’d reach out to them and ask if you haven’t already.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:15 AM
Juha Pussinen
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default USB/CArplay cables,still available

Originally Posted by jgoga
Rick,

Cable that enables switching USB/Carplay to the back i have 3 left. The second cable, which allows the front USB to function for charging and MP3 (excluding Carplay) i have one left. I will PM you.

John
HI John, Do you still have cables left? I would like to have both. Please let me know?

Thanks,Juha P, Germany,Car Porsche 997.1 GT3 2007
Old 02-18-2024, 06:21 AM
Juha Pussinen
Intermediate

HI Ala, First thank you so good forum and info for this upgrade to 997.1 ..Grerat info, takes me 3 days read all info.. then i have question. My car is 997.1, no bose but PCM 2.1 with navi, cd charger,PCCM plus,ASK amplifier. I just buy this 997 Porsche Classic radio in USA and i see one ,at least difference for EU version. I dont have this packet this FM signal amplifiers. My question is , can i get it somehow working without them? If not,where i can buy them?

Thank you in advance ..Br.Juha
Old 02-18-2024, 02:17 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Juha Pussinen
HI John, Do you still have cables left? I would like to have both. Please let me know?

Thanks,Juha P, Germany,Car Porsche 997.1 GT3 2007
I will PM you.

John
The following users liked this post:
Juha Pussinen (02-18-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 04:16 AM
Juha Pussinen
Intermediate

Default UP..Please if someone can asnwer i would be happyyy

Originally Posted by Juha Pussinen
HI All, First thank you so good forum and info for this upgrade to 997.1 ..Great info, takes me 3 days read all info.. then i have question. My car is 997.1, no bose but PCM 2.1 with navi, cd charger, PCCM plus, ASK amplifier. I just buy this 997 Porsche Classic radio in USA and i see one ,at least difference for EU version. I dont have this packet this FM signal amplifiers.

My question is , can i get it somehow working without them?
If not, i can buy them?

Thank you in advance ..Br.Juha
Could someone help me on this? Sorry my simple msg before.

Last edited by Juha Pussinen; 02-23-2024 at 02:05 AM. Reason: up
Old 02-23-2024, 02:34 PM
Rod18
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Summerjack
Since installing the new pccm+ my head and tail lights come on when the car is started/running when the switch is off. The switch now only controls the fog lights. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, I got the same behavior when I first switch on my new unit. In the PCCM+ configuration settings, there is an option to turn off the 'daytime running lights' (I believe is a check box) if you remove the check, the car goes back to its original headlights operation.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:52 AM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Just want to post my installed unit. This is an amazing upgrade that I'd highly recommend. This is the ultimate setup for me.
Found the right shop who removed and had the bezel painted. I brought them all the parts and gave instructions I collected through this thread and others and the install works perfectly. Added the xm antenna, the jgoga wire to send usb out the back, the wireless carplay adaptor tucked back behind the unit, and a reverse camera from Amazon. I tried doing the alibaba reverse usb wire and the shop had an issue with it. The jgoga wire was plug and play so I'd recommend going that way. I didn't need power out the front as I had already installed a magsafe charger onto a rennline mount.
They mounted the microphone that came with the unit on the top left of the windshield. It's pretty small and out of the way so I'm not mad at it's location. I hate seeing wires. It works very well with the top up but have not tried the top down. Didn't know enough about the mod to install it into the steering wheel but might have had shop try it if there was more information/instructions.
The following 5 users liked this post by midcont:
C2 Turbo (06-01-2024), myw (03-13-2024), Spastblast (03-13-2024), Sporty (03-13-2024), TerrestrialFlyte (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 12:28 PM
trassalpl
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by midcont
Just want to post my installed unit. This is an amazing upgrade that I'd highly recommend. This is the ultimate setup for me.
Found the right shop who removed and had the bezel painted. I brought them all the parts and gave instructions I collected through this thread and others and the install works perfectly. Added the xm antenna, the jgoga wire to send usb out the back, the wireless carplay adaptor tucked back behind the unit, and a reverse camera from Amazon. I tried doing the alibaba reverse usb wire and the shop had an issue with it. The jgoga wire was plug and play so I'd recommend going that way. I didn't need power out the front as I had already installed a magsafe charger onto a rennline mount.
They mounted the microphone that came with the unit on the top left of the windshield. It's pretty small and out of the way so I'm not mad at it's location. I hate seeing wires. It works very well with the top up but have not tried the top down. Didn't know enough about the mod to install it into the steering wheel but might have had shop try it if there was more information/instructions.
Nice! Can we have a broader view of your interior? It looks really nice!
Old 03-13-2024, 01:11 PM
TerrestrialFlyte
Rennlist Member

Received 601 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by trassalpl
And the car in general. Looks like midnight blue with…..speed yellow deviated stitching? I’m looking in my phone so maybe I’m wrong but sounds like an interesting spec.
Old 03-13-2024, 02:10 PM
Sporty
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 291 Posts

MIDCONT: looks great! can you name the installer in NJ - sounds like they did a nice job and looking to do mine soon. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2024, 02:20 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TerrestrialFlyte
And the car in general. Looks like midnight blue with…..speed yellow deviated stitching? I’m looking in my phone so maybe I’m wrong but sounds like an interesting spec.
Originally Posted by trassalpl
Originally Posted by Sporty
MIDCONT: looks great! can you name the installer in NJ - sounds like they did a nice job and looking to do mine soon. Thanks!
I don't have great interior pics handy but here are a few before the PCCM was installed and before i recovered my steering wheel. It's got sport seats with backs painted also.
The shop is Extreme Motorsports on Rt. 4 in Paramus. Speak to John the owner. He is well versed now on installing this unit the right way.

The following 5 users liked this post by midcont:
myw (03-13-2024), Ohio Performance (03-14-2024), Spastblast (03-14-2024), Sporty (03-14-2024), TerrestrialFlyte (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 02:46 PM
TerrestrialFlyte
Rennlist Member

Received 601 Likes on 334 Posts

Very nice!!
Old 03-13-2024, 04:28 PM
FlatHat
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

$1,300 and you can't do wireless carplay? SMH...
The following users liked this post:
irnnr (03-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Note to Porsche classic - 997 PCCM plus request