Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 996TT today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 06:14 PM
Scott.
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Can't wait for my upgraded stock headlights to come back and will post update after photo shoot. The lower edge will be black too

The following 2 users liked this post by Scott.:
kamlung (06-16-2020), RT_955TT_KY (06-16-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 06:20 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,987 Likes on 3,032 Posts

Those look nice - are they from the same people that Renkitt is now selling?
Old 06-16-2020, 06:25 PM
Scott.
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Those look nice - are they from the same people that Renkitt is now selling?
Nope, US based company doing upgrades to OEM Porsche lights. Thanks for feedback
Old 06-16-2020, 06:28 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,987 Likes on 3,032 Posts

No problem, they look very good - I'll be interested to see them once you have them installed.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:58 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
But your wife could work and her money paid for the car/toys.

Or you and/or your wife could have a trust fund.

Or you may not have education debt.

Or you may just be better at managing your money than other folks and have the descreationary money to have the things you do that other people don't.

I don't worry about what others may think about my finances.
I certainly agree with all of this. I'm single, saved for years, and have chosen to prioritize the Porsche over most everything else. It's definitely folly for anyone to assume that I've "made it."

People are weird, though, and a nice-looking Porsche symbolizes "the dream." I've gotten a note on my car asking what I do for a living. It's very common that people will ask, "what do you do?" immediately after seeing my car. I can see the gears turning in their heads, trying to find out the shortcut to success.

As much as I don't worry about it, it can be annoying sometimes -- and if I were running my dad's business, I would definitely be mindful.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:24 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by manimal
I'm single, saved for years, and have chosen to prioritize the Porsche over most everything else. It's definitely folly for anyone to assume that I've "made it."

...and if I were running my dad's business, I would definitely be mindful.
My dad was of the opinion that seeing a business owner's nice car parked at his business, or lots of nice cars parked at the business, wasn't an indication that the businessman made his money by over charging customers, but rather made his money by running a great business. If the business charged too much for their services, my dad would walk regardless of what kind of cars were out front.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:55 PM
pancing
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 205 Posts

I certainly agree with all of this. I'm single, saved for years, and have chosen to prioritize the Porsche over most everything else. It's definitely folly for anyone to assume that I've "made it."

People are weird, though, and a nice-looking Porsche symbolizes "the dream." I've gotten a note on my car asking what I do for a living. It's very common that people will ask, "what do you do?" immediately after seeing my car. I can see the gears turning in their heads, trying to find out the shortcut to success.

As much as I don't worry about it, it can be annoying sometimes -- and if I were running my dad's business, I would definitely be mindful.
lol same! Though i dont know the definition of "made it" anymore, imma be hustlin till the day i die, i dont think i could retire. Working like a ****in peon because this mug aint beautiful but lovin every second.

i cant really say that i care about what other people think of me lol.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:01 PM
pancing
Drifting

We should really get back on track, so dock what did you do to your 996tt today?
Old 06-16-2020, 09:02 PM
sdematt
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by kamlung
we were planning to this year to do an Alaska cruise but then COVID so those plans are out the window for this year. maybe next year.

i had a relative that lived in Victoria for a while but has since now moved to NY, otherwise we would have crashed there.
I'm in Victoria!
Old 06-16-2020, 09:06 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by pancing
We should really get back on track, so dock what did you do to your 996tt today?
Absolutely nothing. It's running great and I have no mods in mind.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:07 PM
sdematt
Rennlist Member

Yeah, it's all about priorities. People ask how you can do it - work harder. My wife and I are very thrifty for everything else in our lives, don't go on vacation much, don't go out to eat, etc. But, doesn't matter how hard you work, how much you volunteer, how much you give to charity - some people are always going to be either envious, or usually jealous and key your car anyway.

-Matt
The following users liked this post:
manimal (06-16-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 09:15 PM
pancing
Drifting

Originally Posted by sdematt
Yeah, it's all about priorities. People ask how you can do it - work harder. My wife and I are very thrifty for everything else in our lives, don't go on vacation much, don't go out to eat, etc. But, doesn't matter how hard you work, how much you volunteer, how much you give to charity - some people are always going to be either envious, or usually jealous and key your car anyway.

-Matt
What's more chicken**** than ****ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:55 PM
kamlung
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 241 Posts

I'm in Victoria!
i'll drop you a line when we come visit

Yeah, it's all about priorities. But, doesn't matter how hard you work, how much you volunteer, how much you give to charity - some people are always going to be either envious, or usually jealous and key your car anyway.
you are right... i feel like some people have too many vices in life... whether it be travel, fine dining, alcohol, smoking, etc... i'm sure along with everyone on this forum my vice is cars... i don't smoke, drink or eat out very often either... just budget well and it's easy to spend your money where you want to... it helps my wife and i are both in finance... it's like social media, many people only see the surface and think everything is easy... if you drive a nice car you must also have everything else nice. it may not always be the case, i may be on rice and beans and ramen noodles so i can pay the mortgage and have nice toys...
Old 06-16-2020, 11:45 PM
sdematt
Rennlist Member

We shop at Value Village and the Salvation Army - you can turn it into a really fun time! Plus, more money for the Turbo
Old 06-17-2020, 12:26 AM
pancing
Drifting

We shop at Value Village and the Salvation Army - you can turn it into a really fun time! Plus, more money for the Turbo
The amount of really nice stuff ive found and thrift shops and salvation army is worth it. Treasures!!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996TT today?