Sponsored by:

UAOS install/tips/tricks

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 11:43 AM
SleepyCyclist
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Slakker
I've spent my entire career working around arrogant engineers in the tech industry. And I've found irritating them to not only be an effective way to get the information I'm looking for, but also just a little bit satisfying. Thanks again for the information, Skip.
I'm glad this works for you - but not someone I wish to be around.

How to block posts from a user:
https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...nore-list.html
The following 3 users liked this post by SleepyCyclist:
501Max (08-08-2022), Slakker (08-08-2022), UIDS (08-09-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 08:02 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Show me one..." Mr. Troll"

Nope
I have the standard AL version and the Elite, no subpar half-assed versions
I already told you, 50's Kid bro!

October 2016 - You can fast forward to the 2:45 mark and he will provide a very nice explanation of why you should use a PCV valve when installing a catch can. Did you think you were the first to come up with this idea or were you simply patenting what others have already done?
Old 08-08-2022, 08:42 PM
UIDS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I already told you, 50's Kid bro! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biyu...channel=50sKid

October 2016 - You can fast forward to the 2:45 mark and he will provide a very nice explanation of why you should use a PCV valve when installing a catch can. Did you think you were the first to come up with this idea or were you simply patenting what others have already done?
Yea yea, just what I thought another stupid idea from you..

An "illegal" DIY "hack" that has been tried many times over the years on 996 and has been found to upset the fuel trims ( a big deal),

A "PCV" is just a flow control that uses "manifold vacuum ONLY" to control flow. The flow regulator used on Porsche and UAOS uses atmospheric pressure, crankcase pressure, spring pressure, and vaccum pressures to control the flow in a much more accurate ballance and wider range of flow..

The "PCV valve hack" is illegal and non-emission compliant and less efficient..

^^ simple answer... I find your Trolling no longer strangely amusing and worthy of a more detailed answer..

Old 08-08-2022, 09:52 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

@UIDS Thanks again for answering my questions Skip. I think you are settling into your new sales role quite nicely and I wish you great success.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:24 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UIDS
Yea yea, just what I thought another stupid idea from you..

An "illegal" DIY "hack" that has been tried many times over the years on 996 and has been found to upset the fuel trims ( a big deal),

A "PCV" is just a flow control that uses "manifold vacuum ONLY" to control flow. The flow regulator used on Porsche and UAOS uses atmospheric pressure, crankcase pressure, spring pressure, and vaccum pressures to control the flow in a much more accurate ballance and wider range of flow..

The "PCV valve hack" is illegal and non-emission compliant and less efficient..

^^ simple answer... I find your Trolling no longer strangely amusing and worthy of a more detailed answer..
@UIDS All right, you've hooked me. I have to know the rest of the story. These are still marketing statements that are getting thrown out there. Except you've convinced me that you can back them up. So I ask, humbly,
  • When you say upset fuel trims, what do you mean? Are you saying the ecu simply has to adjust the long term trim? Or is the amount of fuel recirculated so erratic, that the short term trims become too inconsistent for the long term trims to stabilize?
  • So my understanding is that a PCV valve incorporates crankcase pressure and manifold pressure, correct? How are you able to incorporate spring pressure and atmospheric pressure and what impact does it have on the system?
Your patience is appreciated, as always.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:29 AM
hardtailer
Pro

Received 306 Likes on 208 Posts

Slakker, I understand your desire to get answers to your questions but I'm convinced there's a less stressful for the addressee and a much less insinuating way:
https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cunningham%27s_Law

It works as you've experienced yourself by stating that the AOS (or its contents) is being cooled where it actually is the opposite.
The following 2 users liked this post by hardtailer:
Slakker (08-09-2022), UIDS (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 09:59 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hardtailer
Slakker, I understand your desire to get answers to your questions but I'm convinced there's a less stressful for the addressee and a much less insinuating way:
https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cunningham%27s_Law

It works as you've experienced yourself by stating that the AOS (or its contents) is being cooled where it actually is the opposite.
Not arguing this but providing context of some kind with a question, especially when technical, helps clarify what is being asked. As for using a “bad guess” to accomplish this, the chance to point out how stupid someone is and why is too much for most people to pass up.

And I believe Skip when he says he has overcome the major limitation of the PCV valve. I’ve only asked that he explain the issue and how his solution overcomes it, in a way that an idiot like myself can understand. It’s literally a setup for him to expand on the key technical differentiator that makes his solution better than those that have tried before.

Last edited by Slakker; 08-09-2022 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-09-2022, 10:11 AM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 785 Likes on 503 Posts

Come On Man!

Can't we all just get along?

This has become redundant and ridiculous.

People should buy want they think is best for them from the available information or not. To brow beat someone incessantly to drag the same information out over and over starts to look like a hit job and not an information gathering endeavor. I understand the "Five Whys" questioning technique but this has exceeded that long ago.

When is enough enough?

sigh...

Last edited by wildbilly32; 08-09-2022 at 10:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
UIDS (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 10:49 AM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,637 Likes on 962 Posts

Let’s move on this actually sucks with all the negativity
if you can’t get the answers YOU want do your own search or create a system better then what’s out there
The following 3 users liked this post by EVOMMM:
GC996 (08-09-2022), Slakker (08-09-2022), UIDS (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 12:38 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NYPOWR4
Let’s move on this actually sucks with all the negativity
if you can’t get the answers YOU want do your own search or create a system better then what’s out there
Skip has stated that catch cans with PCV valves (someone else’s invention that they were probably proud of) are “hacks” that upset fuel trim and that by adding spring and atmospheric pressures, he’s been able to overcome this challenge. It sounds amazing and I’m reasonably sure that it’s a slam dunk for him to explain. I also believe that when you slam someone else’s work and say it’s inferior to your own, that a request for more details explaining such statements are perfectly reasonable.

Old 08-09-2022, 12:57 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 333 Posts

Skip has stated that catch cans with PCV valves (someone else’s invention that they were probably proud of) are “hacks” that upset fuel trim and that by adding spring and atmospheric pressures, he’s been able to overcome this challenge. It sounds amazing and I’m reasonably sure that it’s a slam dunk for him to explain. I also believe that when you slam someone else’s work and say it’s inferior to your own, that a request for more details explaining such statements are perfectly reasonable.
Just give it up. Don't get your panties in a bunch just because another girl scout sold more cookies than you.
The following 3 users liked this post by wyovino:
EVOMMM (08-09-2022), golock911 (08-09-2022), UIDS (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 01:49 PM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,637 Likes on 962 Posts

But slacker if you don’t get the answer you want do you persist until the answer you gets answered even if the the questioned doesn’t want to answer and the the group as a whole majority don’t give a f*** what the answer is wether you or he are right
you have muddied the water so much we can’t swim
The following 2 users liked this post by EVOMMM:
JohnCA58 (08-09-2022), UIDS (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 03:07 PM
jdbornem
Pro

Received 490 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by NYPOWR4
But slacker if you don’t get the answer you want do you persist until the answer you gets answered even if the the questioned doesn’t want to answer and the the group as a whole majority don’t give a f*** what the answer is wether you or he are right
you have muddied the water so much we can’t swim
I have the UAOS. It's similar enough to the stock system (just location moved) that I was comfortable with that choice without data. I like it.
I for one would love to have data, both here and especially with respect to the UIDS, but I am resigned to the fact that no technical performance data is necessarily forthcoming, so maybe there's no point in beating that horse.
The following users liked this post:
Porschetech3 (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 03:20 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,739 Likes on 2,143 Posts

Originally Posted by jdbornem
I have the UAOS. It's similar enough to the stock system (just location moved) that I was comfortable with that choice without data. I like it.
I for one would love to have data, both here and especially with respect to the UIDS, but I am resigned to the fact that no technical performance data is necessarily forthcoming, so maybe there's no point in beating that horse.
Plenty of data on the UAOS on zbombs Oil Pressure Stability thread. Jason and Skip worked together in combination with Paul for analysis to gather the data from early on with a "catch can" which evolved into the UAOS Track version which was able to run an extra quart of oil in addition the the extra 2 quarts in the deep sump. You can see how the evolution took place and how the oil pressure stability improved with each step. That thread was also introduced the UIDS as a solution and you can see all the thought that went into it.

I know it's a long thread with alot of bitching, fighting and bs interjected along the way. But it may be the most important thread on RL to date.

It's a shame that thread has run its course for now.
Old 08-09-2022, 04:54 PM
Sam-Son
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by GC996
Plenty of data on the UAOS on zbombs Oil Pressure Stability thread. Jason and Skip worked together in combination with Paul for analysis to gather the data from early on with a "catch can" which evolved into the UAOS Track version which was able to run an extra quart of oil in addition the the extra 2 quarts in the deep sump. You can see how the evolution took place and how the oil pressure stability improved with each step. That thread was also introduced the UIDS as a solution and you can see all the thought that went into it.

I know it's a long thread with alot of bitching, fighting and bs interjected along the way. But it may be the most important thread on RL to date.

It's a shame that thread has run its course for now.
Would be nice to distill it down to just relevant data points and remove the other crap from the thread
The following 2 users liked this post by Sam-Son:
EVOMMM (08-09-2022), Porschetech3 (08-09-2022)

Quick Reply: UAOS install/tips/tricks