Sponsored by:

UAOS install/tips/tricks

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 09:39 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 109 Posts

dup

Last edited by Slakker; 08-07-2022 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:42 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

You said it didn't affect coolant temperature which is why I continued to inquire.... Thank you for your explanation Skip. Now that wasn't too difficult was it?
Old 08-07-2022, 09:53 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,536 Likes on 2,054 Posts

It was pretty difficult, because I'm not sure you understood all of it, or you wouldn't have asked they way you did, but I hope someone reads it and understands "exactly" what I'm talking about....
The following users liked this post:
islaTurbine (08-07-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 10:28 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
It was pretty difficult, because I'm not sure you understood all of it, or you wouldn't have asked they way you did, but I hope someone reads it and understands "exactly" what I'm talking about....
I've spent my entire career working around arrogant engineers in the tech industry. And I've found irritating them to not only be an effective way to get the information I'm looking for, but also just a little bit satisfying. Thanks again for the information, Skip.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:42 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Slakker
I've spent my entire career working around arrogant engineers in the tech industry. And I've found irritating them to not only be an effective way to get the information I'm looking for, but also just a little bit satisfying. Thanks again for the information, Skip.
Trolling is not the best way ...

If I hadn't have thought that " other people" would understand and benefit, you wouldn't have gotten it.....you can thank them not me...
Old 08-07-2022, 11:08 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

@Porschetech3 If you had answered my questions as asked, without all of the attitude, we would both could have saved some time today. But that seems to be a Rennlist thing as this is the only place I run into it and why I always sigh when someone reaches out and asks me to jump back on to it. It's like this little echo chamber of the Porsche world that seams to fear and attack any alternative point of view. If you want to know what the real issues are with these cars, go hang out with the people that get paid to support them on track, in the worst of conditions, with some of the best and worst drivers, and who's jobs depend on being able to keep the cars running every single weekend.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:16 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

@Porschetech3 If you had answered my questions as asked, without all of the attitude, we would both could have saved some time today. But that seems to be a Rennlist thing as this is the only place I run into it and why I always sigh when someone reaches out and asks me to jump back on to it. It's like this little echo chamber of the Porsche world that seams to fear and attack any alternative point of view. If you want to know what the real issues are with these cars, go hang out with the people that get paid to support them on track, in the worst of conditions, with some of the best and worst drivers, and who's jobs depend on being able to keep the cars running every single weekend.
I do, I was in-charge of the Fleet of over 100 996's 997's for the Porsche Sport Driving School and knew all the Instructors/drivers " Hurley Haywood" ect..
The Racers Group ( TRG) would come to our Dealership a week ahead of the Porsche 250 to prep all the 996 997 cars for the Race, we let them use the shop at night.
I don't call Trolling and being proud of it as having a good attitude

Last edited by Porschetech3; 08-08-2022 at 12:18 AM.
Slakker (08-07-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 01:11 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

I do, I was in-charge of the Fleet of over 100 996's 997's for the Porsche Sport Driving School and knew all the Instructors/drivers " Hurley Haywood" ect..
The Racers Group ( TRG) would come to our Dealership a week ahead of the Porsche 250 to prep all the 996 997 cars for the Race, we let them use the shop at night.
I don't call Trolling and being proud of it as having a good attitude
The trolling part was taking a wild guess as to what the coolant's purpose was for the AOS and then extrapolating out the risks of not testing them. But ultimately it's what it took to get an answer... Your experience is impressive and explains a lot about your vast knowledge.

One last question. If someone were to take the BMW catch can that I referenced above, provided the adapters and blocks off to delete the stock AOS and plumb it into a 996, draining into the oil tube just as it does on a BMW, do you believe that it would be a violation of your patent? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2022, 01:45 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

The trolling part was taking a wild guess as to what the coolant's purpose was for the AOS and then extrapolating out the risks of not testing them. But ultimately it's what it took to get an answer... Your experience is impressive and explains a lot about your vast knowledge.

One last question. If someone were to take the BMW catch can that I referenced above, provided the adapters and blocks off to delete the stock AOS and plumb it into a 996, draining into the oil tube just as it does on a BMW, do you believe that it would be a violation of your patent? Thanks!

Yes it would be a violation of my Patent. Plus if you delete the Stock AOS (completly) you would need a discrete flow regulator ( my easy access flow/regulator) which will be an additional violation of my Patent.....and it would not be near as efficient. ie. junk

Do you know of anyone already doing this?

If anyone see's an easy access flow regulator on a 996 997.1 and it is not a UAOS kit or I didn't authorize it, please let me know...Thanks !!!
islaTurbine (08-10-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 02:08 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Yes it would be a violation of my Patent. Plus if you delete the Stock AOS (completly) you would need a discrete flow regulator ( my easy access flow/regulator) which will be an additional violation of my Patent.....and it would not be near as efficient. ie. junk

If anyone see's an easy access flow regulator on a 996 997.1 and it is not a UAOS kit or I didn't authorize it, please let me know...Thanks !!!
Is a discrete flow regulator different than a PCV valve? Because I have seen people use PCV valves to ensure the direction of flow on a catch can system (#50's Kid). Is your Patent specific to Porsche or will you now go after the BMW guys?
Old 08-08-2022, 02:57 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

And since you do hold the patent, is there any chance you'll come out with a valueline version for those of us that don't need all of the bells and whistles like redundant separators, sensors or powered anything? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2022, 04:17 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Is a discrete flow regulator different than a PCV valve? Because I have seen people use PCV valves to ensure the direction of flow on a catch can system (#50's Kid). Is your Patent specific to Porsche or will you now go after the BMW guys?
Show me one..." Mr. Troll"

And since you do hold the patent, is there any chance you'll come out with a valueline version for those of us that don't need all of the bells and whistles like redundant separators, sensors or powered anything? Thanks!
Nope
I have the standard AL version and the Elite, no subpar half-assed versions

Last edited by Porschetech3; 08-08-2022 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:15 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 1,045 Posts

Originally Posted by Slakker;[url=tel:18290324
18290324]…Yes, I will tend to troll people that make statements that I don't understand…
This is not a good idea and probably against the forum rules.
UIDS (08-09-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 08:05 AM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 962 Posts

Yes I think if there was a way we could vote for a temporary suspension on trollers it would get my vote
if not for nothing but just being aggravating and a distraction on the original post
and a waste of my time
UIDS (08-09-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 09:50 AM
fireman
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Troll delete

Does Renmlist have an "ignore" function. I have found that is really useful for ones blood pressure.
The following 2 users liked this post by fireman:
EVOMMM (08-08-2022), UIDS (08-09-2022)

Quick Reply: UAOS install/tips/tricks