Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 06:02 AM
JOSCAL
Racer

Received 252 Likes on 138 Posts

Spoke to my OPC yesterday, no allocations for UK yet.
The following users liked this post:
Gibberish (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 08:41 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Originally Posted by balucipher
How many grams do you think the racetex headliner saves over the standard fabric? Is it worth it to keep true to the T ethos?
hundreds
balucipher (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 01:49 PM
rokkerkory
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 172 Posts

I am checking the box for Burmester. Don’t kill me please 🤣
MovingChicane (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 01:53 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by rokkerkory
Hey. If it's what you want and you enjoy it? You'll have 855 watts of audio power to drown out the naysayers and critics
Old 12-13-2022, 01:56 PM
NYFlat6ix
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Me too. I worked as an installer at a car stereo shop during college and I just can't get the base audio.
Old 12-13-2022, 02:09 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

I approve

The T isn't a race track monster that needs every ounce shaved off. I think a large part of its philosophy is to be the most fun model on the road - combining lightweight and performance options as standard and including options for more performance that wouldn't normally be paired with this engine - and part of the fun of driving on the street is good tunes to go with those twisty roads. Base audio isn't great and the Burmester is very good so if its in your budget, rock on.
The following 5 users liked this post by balucipher:
6sigma (12-13-2022), arrivederci (12-13-2022), HerrDr (12-13-2022), Macboy (12-14-2022), NYFlat6ix (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 04:27 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by JOSCAL
Spoke to my OPC yesterday, no allocations for UK yet.

ditto
Gibberish (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 04:43 PM
Ethos_of_the_T
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 42 Posts

Im about 97% sure that I’ve finalized my build. I would like to take this time to thank those who provided much information, sent positive life energy my way and helped me spec my T. It really is appreciated! There are so many cool people from all walks of life here and Im glad that I registered here. I am looking forward to enhancing my membership here soon. Here is my final build. Any criticism or opinions would be appreciated.

Guards Red
7MT
no sunroof
Exclusive wheels
back seat delete
stripe delete
model insignia delete
silver exhaust tips
buckets if available

At first I was going to go with the OEM titanium bolts but will go aftermarket as suggested by numerous folks here. Also, I decided against the carbon roof as a few members pointed out the weight savings was only around 4lbs. I just couldn’t justify the cost for it either. This will probably be one of the more spartan builds and will come in under my allotted budget. This will kind of be a stretch financially for me, but I’m in a “living life to the fullest” mode right now. I might regret this in the future, but will worry about that in the future. The wait will be long, but I know it will be worth it. The best thing about the “Ethos of the T” is is that it can be anything you want it to be. It can mean anything you want it to mean. All I know is that I have a pretty good feeling that every future T owner will be very happy with their purchase and experience many miles of automotive bliss. I hope everyone has a safe and positive day and that you all enjoy daydreaming about your future vehicle.
The following 6 users liked this post by Ethos_of_the_T:
AdamIsAdam (12-13-2022), adm63 (12-13-2022), HerrDr (12-13-2022), NYFlat6ix (12-13-2022), Spartakos (12-13-2022), SupraSaiyan (12-27-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-13-2022, 05:02 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Ethos_of_the_T
Im about 97% sure that I’ve finalized my build. I would like to take this time to thank those who provided much information, sent positive life energy my way and helped me spec my T. It really is appreciated! There are so many cool people from all walks of life here and Im glad that I registered here. I am looking forward to enhancing my membership here soon. Here is my final build. Any criticism or opinions would be appreciated.

Guards Red
7MT
no sunroof
Exclusive wheels
back seat delete
stripe delete
model insignia delete
silver exhaust tips
buckets if available

At first I was going to go with the OEM titanium bolts but will go aftermarket as suggested by numerous folks here. Also, I decided against the carbon roof as a few members pointed out the weight savings was only around 4lbs. I just couldn’t justify the cost for it either. This will probably be one of the more spartan builds and will come in under my allotted budget. This will kind of be a stretch financially for me, but I’m in a “living life to the fullest” mode right now. I might regret this in the future, but will worry about that in the future. The wait will be long, but I know it will be worth it. The best thing about the “Ethos of the T” is is that it can be anything you want it to be. It can mean anything you want it to mean. All I know is that I have a pretty good feeling that every future T owner will be very happy with their purchase and experience many miles of automotive bliss. I hope everyone has a safe and positive day and that you all enjoy daydreaming about your future vehicle.
This looks good. I would suggest the larger gas tank (inexpensive and can make a big difference). Otherwise I think you've got what you want based on the discussions you've taken part in in this thread. I was firmly yes on RAS, but am now considering going without it thanks to the feedback from our Dutch friend ;-)
The following 3 users liked this post by HerrDr:
Bearrun21 (12-24-2022), Ethos_of_the_T (12-13-2022), Macboy (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 05:13 PM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by HerrDr
This looks good. I would suggest the larger gas tank (inexpensive and can make a big difference). Otherwise I think you've got what you want based on the discussions you've taken part in in this thread. I was firmly yes on RAS, but am now considering going without it thanks to the feedback from our Dutch friend ;-)
Regardless of model, I’m kind of surprised a lot of people recommend/some say the extended range tank is a must. I usually get 300 plus miles range out of the regular tank with a mix of highway/city and some spirited runs in there. I usually fill up around a 1/4 tank. If you do a lot of city commuting or road trips, (maybe tracking?) I definitely can see its value.

But in the world we live in now, @neverforgettheTethos, it is an easy way to keep some of the weight off by sticking with the regular tank.

Last edited by minn19; 12-13-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Ethos_of_the_T (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 05:39 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by lone992
The interior trim inlays that should be standard on the T instead of glossy piano black:
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1328...ys-on-gts.html
Wooow this really looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. I will figure out if this can be retro-fitted.

Here is my final build. Any criticism or opinions would be appreciated.

silver exhaust tips
If you can elaborate on those silver exhaust tips? Probably something you like the looks of? With silver they seem a bit more “visible”. The only thing is there are no other silver options on the T. What you could consider (and I would always do this on a red car) is the exclusive design taillights. Reason 1 being that red on red usually is a bit of a conflict. Like red taillights on a silver car is a good contrast. Red on red is a less good contrast. Reason 2 is that the white taillights could somewhat match the silver exhaust ends. Curious how you think about this. For the rest just missing the 90l tank as well. This to me is one of the nicest options as a 4S driver with only 67l.

Here are some pictures of the red taillights on a red exterior. Also some with the silver exhaust ends and some without. One thing is that on this version where the exhaust ends are silver both the Porsche logo and the model logo are silver as well. Making it match a bit more than on the T where they are black/darkgrey. Unfortunately I could only find white taillights on a red GTS. Can’t wait to hear what you think and will chose.

Old 12-13-2022, 06:07 PM
Ethos_of_the_T
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Wooow this really looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. I will figure out if this can be retro-fitted.

If you can elaborate on those silver exhaust tips? Probably something you like the looks of? With silver they seem a bit more “visible”. The only thing is there are no other silver options on the T. What you could consider (and I would always do this on a red car) is the exclusive design taillights. Reason 1 being that red on red usually is a bit of a conflict. Like red taillights on a silver car is a good contrast. Red on red is a less good contrast. Reason 2 is that the white taillights could somewhat match the silver exhaust ends. Curious how you think about this. For the rest just missing the 90l tank as well. This to me is one of the nicest options as a 4S driver with only 67l.

Here are some pictures of the red taillights on a red exterior. Also some with the silver exhaust ends and some without. One thing is that on this version where the exhaust ends are silver both the Porsche logo and the model logo are silver as well. Making it match a bit more than on the T where they are black/darkgrey. Unfortunately I could only find white taillights on a red GTS. Can’t wait to hear what you think and will chose.

Thank you all for the kind replies! First off @HerrDr and @minn19 I thought about the extended range fuel tank, but I don’t know if I’m going to be going on too many long trips with this vehicle. I also figured a smaller tank and less fuel capacity might help keep the weight down a bit, too 🙂
@Macboy Thank you so much for adding those pics of the various configurations of taillights and exhaust tips! I never looked at the fact that there is no other silver trim on the exterior of the T. I guess being an old school kind of guy I like the look of the polished exhaust tips. After seeing the pics of the clear lights, I must admit it looks pretty darn good on Guards Red! I can probably even agree they look a tad better than the standard lights. At this juncture Im more than likely staying the course with the standard lights but if buckets won’t be offered on this vehicle, I think I just might add those lights. Thanks to all!!! 👍🏻
The following 2 users liked this post by Ethos_of_the_T:
HerrDr (12-13-2022), minn19 (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 06:30 PM
james6speed
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
So where is the link to the FB page? I searched "992 Carrera T (Touring) and it didn't show.
Facebook Post
Old 12-13-2022, 06:35 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

I never looked at the fact that there is no other silver trim on the exterior of the T. I guess being an old school kind of guy I like the look of the polished exhaust tips.
I just saw that you went for the silver exclusive design wheels so they match the silver exhaust perfectly. Black wheels with black exhaust.

Originally Posted by minn19
Regardless of model, I’m kind of surprised a lot of people recommend/some say the extended range tank is a must.
I just love the idea of being able to drive more than 1000km with one tank on a sportscar. Can’t explain why really.

Last edited by Macboy; 12-13-2022 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 06:36 PM
adm63
Pro

Received 906 Likes on 330 Posts

I'm going exclusive wheels and silver tips as well, will be a nice touch of silver on the gentian blue
The following 2 users liked this post by adm63:
Ethos_of_the_T (12-13-2022), Macboy (12-14-2022)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club