992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2022 | 06:44 PM
james6speed
Pro

My code on my build. I am on a waiting list, so I don't know what that means in terms of time-frame to allocation.

PPLQSRE3

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPLQSRE3

Anybody else have times they are waiting given? I was told 2 years.
Old 12-13-2022 | 06:51 PM
savethemanuals82
AutoX

Originally Posted by james6speed
My code on my build. I am on a waiting list, so I don't know what that means in terms of time-frame to allocation.

PPLQSRE3

I placed the order 12/3, and I was told 12-18 months. I'm 9th on the allocation list. It is a higher volume dealer...
Old 12-13-2022 | 07:46 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Originally Posted by Macboy
I just saw that you went for the silver exclusive design wheels so they match the silver exhaust perfectly. Black wheels with black exhaust.

I just love the idea of being able to drive more than 1000km with one tank on a sportscar. Can’t explain why really.
This and if you do tracks days, it's really nice to worry less about running out of or running low on fuel if refilling isn't available on-site. In addition, if you care about lightness, the extended tank takes up the space where the front drive components would be on AWD 911's so you end up moving that weight lower in the car if you only want to put in 64 liters of fuel--based on what I've read elsewhere on Rennlist threads. For me, it's the track day and fewer refill motivation.
The following 3 users liked this post by HerrDr:
balucipher (12-13-2022), Gregonater (12-13-2022), Macboy (12-14-2022)
Old 12-13-2022 | 08:29 PM
Gregonater
Advanced

Another member's (woobiee) has a thread with pictures of his shark blue GTS with speed blue stitching and a guard's red tach. This is having me heavily consider going with this combo and I thought maybe the images could help someone else looking at similar combinations. Woobiee's Thread
My new build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPFPL652 (no sport design side skirts because I am going to buy GT3 side skirts)

Last edited by Gregonater; 12-13-2022 at 08:45 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Gregonater:
balucipher (12-13-2022), HerrDr (12-13-2022), minn19 (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022 | 09:49 PM
BHSAAA
Advanced

Originally Posted by james6speed

PPLQSRE3

Sadly, it generally means nothing. Being on the list at the vast majority of dealers is nothing. Unless they have taken $ for a specific allocation slot (even then with some dealers) you are not locked in to any delivery timeframe or order priority or any obligation to get a car. ‘The list’ is not static, people will move in front of you if they have an interesting trade, have bought more cars from the dealership, etc. This is also common with other high dollar cars (think F cars). The build you submitted just sits there. If car demand slows down, you may get a call, but that’s about it. There is the occasional exception, but it’s very occasional - basically there is no Santa
Old 12-13-2022 | 10:31 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by BHSAAA
Sadly, it generally means nothing. Being on the list at the vast majority of dealers is nothing. Unless they have taken $ for a specific allocation slot (even then with some dealers) you are not locked in to any delivery timeframe or order priority or any obligation to get a car. ‘The list’ is not static, people will move in front of you if they have an interesting trade, have bought more cars from the dealership, etc. This is also common with other high dollar cars (think F cars). The build you submitted just sits there. If car demand slows down, you may get a call, but that’s about it. There is the occasional exception, but it’s very occasional - basically there is no Santa
Even if the dealer has taken a deposit for a specific allocation slot, it means nothing. Unless and until you have a commission number, you only have your hopes and dreams.
The following users liked this post:
balucipher (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022 | 10:57 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I think I'm sticking with stock size gas tank rather than extended because I like to keep fresh fuel in there, and a smaller tank helps with that on a car that's only driven on weekends.
Old 12-13-2022 | 11:26 PM
Uhu
Racer

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, finally decided to "register" and "chip in".

Amazed at how hard is to get a "T" in USA or UK.

In my case, the moment I read the press release in October, I called a nearby dealership and expressed my desire to buy one. I was told that there will be no discount (sold at MRSP) and they only have two for 2023. Immediately, I have ordered one, with a "place holder" spec (my place holder config) and after two weeks, Porsche confirmed my order (in writing, delivery April 2023, now stage 1/3 in "my Porsche", etc). This week, I'll decide on the "final spec".

I am still not sure about:
  • the color - shark blue and crayon also look nice, same with GT silver. Gentian blue is cool, especially with the Exclusive wheels, but I already have a car in San Marino blue (M3 CS on Cup 2), which is very close to this color. It is fully "xpel"ed, even put ceramic coating on top of it, because it has painted carbon parts which are a pain in the *** to repair/repaint, thus the extra "care". I want something that will not be hard/expensive to maintain or repair/repaint.
  • the seats - 4 or 18 way. No clue. Will go and seat in them and compare. Don't need the "memory" thingy, I have it on my current car and don't use it at all. Want to be able to sit as low as possible.
  • Carrera T interior package. Is 2000€ more than the normal one, it gets a darker Sport Tex design, the dark grey stitching and dark grey seat-belts. No idea if this is worth the extra 2000€
  • LED headlights - three possibilities here: base, PDLS to the standard LED or get the Matrix LED. Current car has something similar to the Matrix LED, provides Star Wars worthy light shows when in Auto, but I only use the swiveling feature. Want the best and brightest light for night driving.
  • Burmester. Expensive, ideally I would get the Bose. Which is not offered. And the standard stereo is really bad. So, pretty much, no choice. Had a bad stereo system in a C63 AMG, never again.
I would use the car as a GT (like a 928 GT, but with WAY better reliability) and for short drives in the mountains, during the weekends. Maybe 1-2 track days, which are organised by the dealership, Porsche cars and own customers only.

Wanted a GT3 with PDK (plenty of tracks in the area), but I didn't "qualify", wanted a 992 S or GTS convertible, but no Porsche Center could guarantee a 2023 delivery...so, in the end, I will get a "T". With sunroof, to compensate for the lack of "convertibility".
The following 3 users liked this post by Uhu:
HerrDr (12-13-2022), Macboy (12-14-2022), NYFlat6ix (12-14-2022)
Old 12-13-2022 | 11:36 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Uhu;18515442]Hi everyone. Long time lurker, finally decided to "register" and "chip in".

In my case, the moment I read the press release in October, I called a nearby dealership and expressed my desire to buy one. I was told that there will be no discount (sold at MRSP) and they only have two for 2023. Immediately, I have ordered one, with a "place holder" spec (my place holder config) and after two weeks, Porsche confirmed my order (in writing, delivery April 2023, now stage 1/3 in "my Porsche", etc). This week, I'll decide on the "final spec".

What dealer were you able to get an allocation from? Only 9 known allocations in the USA so far, so we are all very eager to here what locations are getting them.
To answer some of your other questions:
I have a 992 Gentian Blue... love the color but im about to order a T in a new color (probably Ruby Star)...
I have the base lights and they are all you need... the only difference with upgrade is the swivel, which isnt worth it to me... the base lights are very very bright and look nice
I have Bose, and having same issue, but im going to keep base system on my T build because this car is more for track driving and listening to engine on back roads... its not going to be my daily

HerrDr (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022 | 09:44 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=toph4242;18515459]
Originally Posted by Uhu
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, finally decided to "register" and "chip in".

What dealer were you able to get an allocation from? Only 9 known allocations in the USA so far, so we are all very eager to here what locations are getting them.
To answer some of your other questions:
I have a 992 Gentian Blue... love the color but im about to order a T in a new color (probably Ruby Star)...
I have the base lights and they are all you need... the only difference with upgrade is the swivel, which isnt worth it to me... the base lights are very very bright and look nice
I have Bose, and having same issue, but im going to keep base system on my T build because this car is more for track driving and listening to engine on back roads... its not going to be my daily
I got mine after those 9 were publicized so 10 AFAIK
The following 2 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
rokkerkory (12-14-2022), wilmaya (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022 | 10:33 AM
rokkerkory
Racer

My allocation is for early April so not sure if it was counted in the 10?
Old 12-14-2022 | 10:37 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rokkerkory
My allocation is for early April so not sure if it was counted in the 10?
Honestly there's probably a whole lot more than 10... I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
rokkerkory (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022 | 10:45 AM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Can anyone walk through the order process and types of things that happen along the way to confirm where you are relative to what your SA might say? For instance, it may start with the email "Your dream 911 is one step closer to reality." which likely means they have your name in the system for a demand order. Then the TYD email means...an allocation? Then at some point you have to lock in your build...etc etc.
Old 12-14-2022 | 10:51 AM
Porsch
Banned

Originally Posted by toph4242
Only 9 known allocations in the USA so far, so we are all very eager to here what locations are getting them.
Yes I’d like to know this too.

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
I got mine after those 9 were publicized so 10 AFAIK
I don’t believe the 9 were publicized.

Honestly there's probably a whole lot more than 10... I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Really? Maybe someone can check with a helpful GSM or SA so we can get some real data. I thought someone posted here that their SA checked and only 9 showed up nationally in the system.
Old 12-14-2022 | 11:24 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

When I posted that there were 9 allocations, that was accurate. I was sitting with my SA while he viewed the nationwide USA allocations. He can see by dealership who got what. And it was 9. I have not bugged him again since then since I'm in no rush and I know I've got the first allocation slot. Maybe others can ask their SA's to check and report back, if you have an SA that you believe will tell the truth and not give a BS line.
Porsch (12-14-2022)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club