Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2022 | 07:40 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by james6speed
Ladies and Gents, I just created a Facebook Page specifically for this model as well. If you want to discuss there and talk about our builds etc.

Feel free to add by request if you like.
There is already an FB page for the T car

Facebook Post

Last edited by Scott P; 12-10-2022 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-10-2022 | 07:43 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

I've tried 3x to post that and it won't work oh well. rock on
The following users liked this post:
HerrDr (12-10-2022)
Old 12-10-2022 | 07:47 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Guaji;18509663]Its too bad they don’t offer more color choices for the T interior package. My last T had the red stripes and I loved it! ( also you could have chosen silver or yellow). If I were to get a 992T, I would go for Lizard Green interior also, with Chalk or White exterior. The Lizard Green looks great and is the signature color of the new T…..both for the interior and exterior.
/QUOTE]

My build is GT Silver exterior, exterior colored trim pieces for interior and Lizard Green T package. The exterior is Python green and I think green in/out would be overwhelming personally.
HerrDr (12-10-2022)
Old 12-10-2022 | 08:38 PM
Guaji
Racer

[QUOTE=Scott P;18509969]
Originally Posted by Guaji
Its too bad they don’t offer more color choices for the T interior package. My last T had the red stripes and I loved it! ( also you could have chosen silver or yellow). If I were to get a 992T, I would go for Lizard Green interior also, with Chalk or White exterior. The Lizard Green looks great and is the signature color of the new T…..both for the interior and exterior.
/QUOTE]

My build is GT Silver exterior, exterior colored trim pieces for interior and Lizard Green T package. The exterior is Python green and I think green in/out would be overwhelming personally.
I agree with the green in and out together, I should have phrased it better. Personally I would choose that color for just the inside or outside, not both.
Old 12-10-2022 | 09:38 PM
rokkerkory
Racer

Props to you guys for going with colors like PG / LG. I can’t personally do it but understand how cool it looks.

Last edited by rokkerkory; 12-10-2022 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2022 | 09:50 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I'm getting Python Green outside and Lizard Green inside. Just sayin'

I do wonder why Porsche chose to pair the two different greens for inside/outside. But I'll go for it since it's their poster child, and I like having cars that are somewhat different.
The following 7 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
6sigma (12-10-2022), balucipher (12-10-2022), Booth9999 (12-11-2022), Guaji (12-10-2022), HerrDr (12-10-2022), Macboy (12-11-2022), Scott P (12-11-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-11-2022 | 04:19 AM
Gregonater
Advanced

Originally Posted by Macboy

EDIT: I made one mistake and forgot to mention one thing. Back seat should also be in leather in your version to my liking. This may sound silly especially when we talk about T ethos. But the original backseat color and material will be pretty ugly in your version. Especially since you don’t have the rear seats and your vision will be destracted more. So you will notice the plastic much more. Chalk leather stitching on the backside is the way to go.

And now I’m afraid you think I am just joking but look at my spec above. I did not go for the “luxury” version T. But in the basis I am a big deviated stichting lover. I like my Porsches to be sporty but also luxurious if possible (not so on a GT product). So as I told you honestly I did not go for the leather options on mine and it’s my first Porsche with black on black stitching. So I skipped on the extra leather options but I did not skip the backside seat in leather on mine. That was intentionally. So if it was necessary on mine, I think you really should consider this.

If money is becoming the issue and you need to chose, than the backseat leather would probably still be on first place for me. Curious to hear your remarks.

And now we have come this theme: I notice that nobody has ordered the backside of the seat in exterior color. It may seem a theme that is not up to the T ethos. But I will pump it up a notch stretching the real T ethos here. Just give me a chance.
I actually was debating doing the backside of the seat in shark blue. I think the spec I have linked is definitely up close to my limits of how far I want to spec the car so I will really have to spend some time debating which options I will notice most in day to day use, and which ones I will think about after my initial impressions. Blue seat backs might really pop even from outside the car!
Old 12-11-2022 | 08:17 AM
balucipher
Pro

The 18 ways and 4 ways both list this in the configurator:

Leather seat backrest in Dark Silver
Old 12-11-2022 | 10:25 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gregonater
I actually was debating doing the backside of the seat in shark blue. I think the spec I have linked is definitely up close to my limits of how far I want to spec the car so I will really have to spend some time debating which options I will notice most in day to day use, and which ones I will think about after my initial impressions. Blue seat backs might really pop even from outside the car!
Yes it will certainly pop-up from the outside that was my whole point and the reason I said to not order the tinted windows. With black windows you will not see it from the outside. Bear in mind if you don’t chose it in exterior color you can still chose it in leather. That plastic will be ugly but I know a lot of people will not care about this. But once you see it…

Originally Posted by balucipher
The 18 ways and 4 ways both list this in the configurator:
Leather seat backrest in Dark Silver
Correct. Many people who buy a 911 somehow believe it will fit some other dark/silver parts of the car. But in reality it just doesn’t. No problem if you don’t care about it. But don’t expect it to match with something. Basically it’s pretty off looking. If your into basic stuff and driving of course you will not care. But if you carefully are speccing you’re (one and only?) car I think it’s really something to consider. When going full leather not something to miss. It’s a must option on every 911 convertible.
Old 12-11-2022 | 10:36 AM
balucipher
Pro

Yes it will certainly pop-up from the outside that was my whole point and the reason I said to not order the tinted windows. With black windows you will not see it from the outside. Bear in mind if you don’t chose it in exterior color you can still chose it in leather. That plastic will be ugly but I know a lot of people will not care about this. But once you see it…

Correct. Many people who buy a 911 somehow believe it will fit some other dark/silver parts of the car. But in reality it just doesn’t. No problem if you don’t care about it. But don’t expect it to match with something. Basically it’s pretty off looking. If your into basic stuff and driving of course you will not care. But if you carefully are speccing you’re (one and only?) car I think it’s really something to consider. When going full leather not something to miss. It’s a must option on every 911 convertible.
Interesting. Do you have pics of the standard seat back?
Old 12-11-2022 | 10:46 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I'm getting Python Green outside and Lizard Green inside. Just sayin'

I do wonder why Porsche chose to pair the two different greens for inside/outside. But I'll go for it since it's their poster child, and I like having cars that are somewhat different.
I think it will be fine. It would be like getting Racing yellow on the outside and speed yellow stitching on the inside. I don’t think you’re going to really notice the difference.
Old 12-11-2022 | 10:51 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Yes it will certainly pop-up from the outside that was my whole point and the reason I said to not order the tinted windows. With black windows you will not see it from the outside.
Painted to exterior inserts on the back seats is CXX or is it on the configurator? I didn’t see it.
Old 12-11-2022 | 10:54 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

^^^ Under "Interior Leather" on configurator

Last edited by Scott P; 12-11-2022 at 11:00 AM.
Bobby 911 (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022 | 11:01 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Originally Posted by Scott P
^^^ Under "Leather" on configurator
Thank you. I thought I looked there but maybe not closely enough since I’m not sure I would’ve thought of this option under leather. on a related note, anyone else having trouble accessing the configurator? I’m not sure if it is my iPad or a configurator thing.
Old 12-11-2022 | 11:27 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
Thank you. I thought I looked there but maybe not closely enough since I’m not sure I would’ve thought of this option under leather. on a related note, anyone else having trouble accessing the configurator? I’m not sure if it is my iPad or a configurator thing.
It has been slow the last few mornings... Assume they are working on it on the back end to fix some glitches, and maybe add some updates
The following 2 users liked this post by toph4242:
Bobby 911 (12-11-2022), Scott P (12-11-2022)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club