Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 10:06 AM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
@avid , where is that road, if it isn't a secret?

The Lord bless and keep you,
TT

It’s @avid’s driveway 8-)
The following users liked this post:
TomTarzian (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 11:08 AM
Corkdsp
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 37 Posts

Ruby with Yellow seat belts reminds me to this color combo on Lambo
toph4242 (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 12:25 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
So I have about a month or so before my freeze date, but I'm going into my dealer this week to make my final adjustments in case they freeze it earlier. Still waiting on word for a few features that are up in the air, but this is basically the build that I have landed on. I am 100% sold on Ruby, so that wont be changing (I also really want the colored belts so those stay too)... The options that I have not fully decided on are the seats (obviously want LWB but otherwise im back and forth on 18 vs 4)... I know they are heavier, but im willing to sacrifice it if the 18 allow me to create more of a bucket feel.
Besides the Seats, I just don't know if I want to spend the money on the roof even though I know it will help with weight and sort of breaks up the very bright ruby color a bit. If LWB are available, I wont be able to afford both so roof will go back to normal and seats will take its place...

PPVXNME7
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPVXNME7

I love your build! Wish I could see it in person and clash-park it next to my Python. lol.

I love most items on your build, in particular: the clear tail lights are a must, i do like the exhaust tips and will likely be doing that as well.
The roof? Well, if money is no object, IT'S STUNNING! Love it! And yes, breaks up the color. My wife wanted me to get it for the same reason, until I told her the price. lol. (side note: I did see a GT500 with a very tastefully installed carbon fiber wrap on the roof, just sayin')
I'm not one for safety items like BSM, LCA, surround view cameras, etc, at least not on a sports car. But to each his own on that, and again, if money is not a factor...

As for the seats: My friend just picked up a 22 GT3 with standard seats and they are fantastic. They are very similar to my seats in my CGTS, which I also love. .They hold me in very tightly. So maybe you can save a few grand there. I'm not sure 18 ways will give you more of a bucket feel. I know many RAVE over their adjustability and comfort. Again, individual decision. You know what they say, there's an *** for every seat, or vice versa in this case.

DashCam prep I thought we determined is just a slot in the fuse box, no? Necessary? I guess that depends on your wiring plans.

Oh, wait, did you forget the free smokers package? I think you get the added cupholder/ash tray or storage box with it, but without it you just get the storage box, no?

Will there be any other yellow inside or just the belts? You just like yellow belts? That's cool.

Anyway, overall, as I said, I love it and I'm sure you will too.

toph4242 (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 12:48 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I love your build! Wish I could see it in person and clash-park it next to my Python. lol.

I love most items on your build, in particular: the clear tail lights are a must, i do like the exhaust tips and will likely be doing that as well.
The roof? Well, if money is no object, IT'S STUNNING! Love it! And yes, breaks up the color. My wife wanted me to get it for the same reason, until I told her the price. lol. (side note: I did see a GT500 with a very tastefully installed carbon fiber wrap on the roof, just sayin')
I'm not one for safety items like BSM, LCA, surround view cameras, etc, at least not on a sports car. But to each his own on that, and again, if money is not a factor...

As for the seats: My friend just picked up a 22 GT3 with standard seats and they are fantastic. They are very similar to my seats in my CGTS, which I also love. .They hold me in very tightly. So maybe you can save a few grand there. I'm not sure 18 ways will give you more of a bucket feel. I know many RAVE over their adjustability and comfort. Again, individual decision. You know what they say, there's an *** for every seat, or vice versa in this case.

DashCam prep I thought we determined is just a slot in the fuse box, no? Necessary? I guess that depends on your wiring plans.

Oh, wait, did you forget the free smokers package? I think you get the added cupholder/ash tray or storage box with it, but without it you just get the storage box, no?

Will there be any other yellow inside or just the belts? You just like yellow belts? That's cool.

Thanks for the feedback Adam!
-Price ceiling for me is $135K... so im fluttering right around that with this build. Roof will only stay if the seats are not an option. I think I will likely skip the 18 way seats if LWB are not available, and that saves me $2800, which will bring this build down to $133K which would be great!
-I park this car in 3 different locations depending on time of year and storage etc... one of the spaces I have is in an underground parking garage with tight areas and a pole next to me, so that is why I opted for the surround cameras etc... I have that on current 992 and it has made life so much easier... I actually really didn't want the LCA, but my SA has been pushing me to get it because every other 911 has that premium pkg option that includes it, and the truth is I actually found it helpful on track a few times when I was dealing with some blind spot areas coming out of passing zones... So even though its not super helpful on road, i found a justification for it from a performance stand point that im willing to keep it in there.
-As for dashcam prep... at $130 if I decide to do a camera setup for track days, why not... its just $130 and hope it makes that process easier. Im all for the under $200 options boxes that dont really add weight haha...
-I have always loved yellow belts... if the buckets are added, buckets w/ yellow belts is my favorite look. With a full black interior and pop of color with yellow belts, I'm fine with it being the only yellow... Ill add a yellow key chain to match. I just dont love colored tach or sport chrono dials, so didnt want to match those.
HerrDr (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 12:59 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

That colour looks cool, but aren't you missing a trick with this free option on the interior...

"Interior Package painted in Exterior Colour
- dashboard trim strips with decorative inlays
- door panel trim strips with decorative inlays
- centre console trim with decorative inlays
Door release levers, dashboard and door panel trim strips, and centre console trim are finished in Black
£ 0.00
Old 01-03-2023, 01:05 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam

I am enjoying reading this exchange between two eccentric guys… “clash-park it next to my Python” (cool!)

I am beginning to think that my GT Silver T will be boring in comparison.
The following 3 users liked this post by Pivot:
AdamIsAdam (01-03-2023), Gibberish (01-04-2023), toph4242 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 01:42 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Thanks for the feedback Adam!
-Price ceiling for me is $135K... so im fluttering right around that with this build. Roof will only stay if the seats are not an option. I think I will likely skip the 18 way seats if LWB are not available, and that saves me $2800, which will bring this build down to $133K which would be great!
-I park this car in 3 different locations depending on time of year and storage etc... one of the spaces I have is in an underground parking garage with tight areas and a pole next to me, so that is why I opted for the surround cameras etc... I have that on current 992 and it has made life so much easier... I actually really didn't want the LCA, but my SA has been pushing me to get it because every other 911 has that premium pkg option that includes it, and the truth is I actually found it helpful on track a few times when I was dealing with some blind spot areas coming out of passing zones... So even though its not super helpful on road, i found a justification for it from a performance stand point that im willing to keep it in there.
-As for dashcam prep... at $130 if I decide to do a camera setup for track days, why not... its just $130 and hope it makes that process easier. Im all for the under $200 options boxes that dont really add weight haha...
-I have always loved yellow belts... if the buckets are added, buckets w/ yellow belts is my favorite look. With a full black interior and pop of color with yellow belts, I'm fine with it being the only yellow... Ill add a yellow key chain to match. I just dont love colored tach or sport chrono dials, so didnt want to match those.
All VERY well thought out. Clearly, you are ready to lock in, Grasshopper! LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
HerrDr (01-03-2023), toph4242 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 02:00 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot
I am enjoying reading this exchange between two eccentric guys… “clash-park it next to my Python” (cool!)

I am beginning to think that my GT Silver T will be boring in comparison.
It's not too late to join us in Club Ruby
Old 01-03-2023, 02:08 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

My wife would de-wors me!

NB. Wors is a sausage in Afrikaans :-)
The following 4 users liked this post by Pivot:
balucipher (01-03-2023), Gibberish (01-04-2023), HerrDr (01-03-2023), tourenwagen (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 02:14 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,392 Likes on 1,198 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot
My wife would de-wors me!

NB. Wors is a sausage in Afrikaans :-)
Could murder a boerie roll right about now.

Finally locked in my T.
The following 4 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
balucipher (01-03-2023), Macboy (01-03-2023), wilmaya (01-03-2023), Ørjan (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 02:15 PM
james6speed
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 100 Posts

Actually considering changing my request to an S or GTS now if I can swing it. I'm not seeing the value proposition at $130k, or maybe I'm missing something. Seems like a $130k S would be a better choice.
The following 3 users liked this post by james6speed:
SupraSaiyan (01-03-2023), TomTarzian (01-03-2023), tourenwagen (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 02:17 PM
balucipher
Pro

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
Could murder a boerie roll right about now.

Finally locked in my T.
ooh a big build without RAS

blue with red interior is bold. Not as bold as the folks that were dancing with Ruby and Lizard Green earlier in the thread but I like it.
tourenwagen (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 02:18 PM
balucipher
Pro

Originally Posted by james6speed
Actually considering changing my request to an S or GTS now if I can swing it. I'm not seeing the value proposition at $130k, or maybe I'm missing something. Seems like a $130k S would be a better choice.
probably

the heavier the T build the more tempting a S looks because you get almost the same weight, more interior and exterior choices, more power, bigger brakes, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by balucipher:
james6speed (01-03-2023), TomTarzian (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 02:22 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,392 Likes on 1,198 Posts

Originally Posted by balucipher
ooh a big build without RAS

blue with red interior is bold. Not as bold as the folks that were dancing with Ruby and Lizard Green earlier in the thread but I like it.
Thanks. Never been a fan of RAS. Might hurt me a bit on resale but it makes the car less predictable to me.

Love the red and blue... I'm calling it my Superman spec. Fire extinguisher and red light bar complete the look
The following 4 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
Bearrun21 (01-03-2023), Macboy (01-03-2023), SupraSaiyan (01-03-2023), wilmaya (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 02:33 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
Thanks. Never been a fan of RAS. Might hurt me a bit on resale but it makes the car less predictable to me.

Love the red and blue... I'm calling it my Superman spec. Fire extinguisher and red light bar complete the look

Martini (Racing) colours, to wash-down the boerie roll.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pivot:
balucipher (01-03-2023), tourenwagen (01-03-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club