992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 12:15 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Received 100 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Good luck with that...

Agree with the year out look and order as same exists over this side of the Atlantic but for a car not even announced yet...that Porsche may not make till the end of the model line. Well seems a bit like hoping for hope to me. Its been what going on 3 yrs now and they are JUST getting to the GTS releases...many still want a manual base which at this point doesn't seem like it will happen. Same with the elusive Carrera T? Hopefully dealer lets you swap that allocation to something hey actually may produce and you can get to drive guys/gals! Just saying.

It will won't it but noone at Porsche has officially announced a Carrera T for this model. Given the current shortage and chip issues and demand why would they put additional resources into that limited model when they are selling all of the others just fine is my question? How they let you swap that out for another model if it goes past 2023 then.

Yes but they may NOT make the Carrera T in manual just like they have withheld the manual base car from us. Forcing those who want a manual to go with the S or drop down to the PDK base and accept it as many makers have done by dropping the stick all together from their line up. I was happy they had a manual and I could get one albeit I too would have been happy with the base car I tested (in PDK) but thus I had to plan for the S and added acquisition costs along with a more reasonable pick of available options I needed vs those I just desired or others said were ones to get or dealer prevences. In the end I got a car I enjoy and how I wanted it and well Porsche gotme to get what they were willing to produce... WINS for all overall but Porsche in particular!

We don't even know what the next Carrera will look like other than it will be an ICE most likely so the point about the Carrera T being the LAST manual ICE 991 is funny cause its based on almost the rationalization to make a car Porsche hasn't even said they will yet! Note as long as the 992.2 S is out there..and the GTS and they [Porsche] doesn't change anything don't they still qualify as manual ICE 911's? just saying sometimes we do let the band name/model setup blind us to what we are really buying here and getting. Just my 2 cents.
I may have been a tad optimistic, but we can all dream 😎
i suppose we all have a long wait to see what will come and what form it will be in when/if it comes.

I'm also very interested in what the 982.2 will bring in the Cayman/Boxster refresh, with the 4.0L emissions safe upto 2026 there are many possibilities.

I just know i want to spec and order a manual Porsche with a 6 cylinder engine turbo or N/A before everything looks like a Taycan 😉
Old 12-31-2021, 02:29 AM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Good luck with that...
Good luck with what?
Old 12-31-2021, 02:40 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
Good luck with what?
That Porsche decides to make it! Wishin you guys luck cause it seems now to be a less than certain proposition. Folks have been waiting for the non S manual since 2019 now and now word from Porsche on doing that so it would seem the Carrera T will be a 992.2 car IF they make it.
Old 12-31-2021, 08:38 AM
gatorfast
Pro

Received 452 Likes on 257 Posts

I would be shocked if Porsche didn't make a 992 T. The recipe worked on the 991 and I don't see them missing the chance to use it again for the 992.
The following users liked this post:
Gibberish (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 01:12 PM
R N M
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorfast
I would be shocked if Porsche didn't make a 992 T. The recipe worked on the 991 and I don't see them missing the chance to use it again for the 992.
991.2 T didn’t sell well - there were cars sitting on dealer lots for some time.
The car is more than the some of its parts and with some time has developed a strong following.

If there is a T model, i think it will come at the end just like for 991. Also the new GTS has taken on some of that T philosophy which makes it a bit redundant save for the higher price.
The following 2 users liked this post by R N M:
Carlo_Carrera (12-31-2021), Gibberish (12-31-2021)
Old 01-09-2022, 10:10 AM
mrrippey
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Carrera T - I heard it was not a big seller so Porsche probably isn't falling over themselves to make a new one.
With the base not coming in manual, I think it makes the T more likely for those (like me) who want a GT3/GTS like feel for at leaks $30k less. I'm pretty sure its coming and given how 992's are being introduced, I am assuming the T will be the next to come out, maybe in 2023, Ill wait.
Gibberish (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 12:49 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Originally Posted by mrrippey
With the base not coming in manual, I think it makes the T more likely for those (like me) who want a GT3/GTS like feel for at leaks $30k less. I'm pretty sure its coming and given how 992's are being introduced, I am assuming the T will be the next to come out, maybe in 2023, Ill wait.
I hope you're right, i have it on good authority there will be a T , i priced up a GTS at £120k with a bit of luck the T will be £90-95k meaning a big saving and having a similar feel minus the power which is fine by me.
fingers crossed for late 2023 🤞

Old 01-10-2022, 12:41 AM
Das14444
Pro

Received 328 Likes on 159 Posts

What makes everyone want the T when the lightweight package (manual, lightweight glass, buckets and rear seat delete) now come on the GTS?

Wasnt the allure of the 991.2 T that the lightweight package only came with the base motor? I owned one and loved it.

i have no dog in the fight but:
It the “T package” or “formula” is now available on the GTS - do buyers just want and prefer the base engine?

Id go 992 GTS with lightweight package all day.

what am I missing?

I say stop waiting, buy a 991.2 T and “if” the 992 T ever happens trade it in for a tax credit.

They seem to be holding value very well especially w. buckets and no sunroof.

kinda regret selling mine

Last edited by Das14444; 01-10-2022 at 12:47 AM.
AlterZgo (01-11-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 02:30 AM
Gibberish
Advanced

Originally Posted by Das14444
What makes everyone want the T when the lightweight package (manual, lightweight glass, buckets and rear seat delete) now come on the GTS?

Wasnt the allure of the 991.2 T that the lightweight package only came with the base motor? I owned one and loved it.

It the “T package” or “formula” is now available on the GTS - do buyers just want and prefer the base engine?

what am I missing?

I say stop waiting, buy a 991.2 T and “if” the 992 T ever happens trade it in for a tax credit.

Stunning looking T 👌
I'm expecting the price to be around 5-7k more than the base, this will still be around 20k less than the GTS plus i want less power which is the T formula.

With the 991.2 T's holding value the 992's should do too.

If i was spending 120k on a 911 i would go full fat and look for a 991.2 GT3 and have that 9k redline.
but my wallet would thank me for waiting 😉
Old 01-10-2022, 08:06 AM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

what am I missing?

What you’re missing is the substantial price difference between a T and a GTS lol. Similarly specced, a T will probably be $125K vs a GTS at $160K. And for the vast majority of people, the base engine is more than adequate.

Another way to put it is why get the GTS when the GT3 Touring is around $20K more, similarly specced.
The following 3 users liked this post by JCZ5:
DButcher (02-07-2022), Gibberish (01-10-2022), Stespa (01-11-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 10:18 AM
Das14444
Pro

Received 328 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
What you’re missing is the substantial price difference between a T and a GTS lol. Similarly specced, a T will probably be $125K vs a GTS at $160K. And for the vast majority of people, the base engine is more than adequate.

Another way to put it is why get the GTS when the GT3 Touring is around $20K more, similarly specced.
makes sense on price, I get it…

unless things have changed, isn't it impossible to get a 992 GT3 for anywhere near msrp (north of $300k right now) and forget about a 992 GT3 touring.

Last edited by Das14444; 01-10-2022 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:10 AM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

makes sense on price, I get it…

unless things have changed, isn't it impossible to get a 992 GT3 for anywhere near msrp (north of $300k right now) and forget about a 992 GT3 touring.
Its all relative right? Right now, you can't get a 992 GTS without ADMs either. Or unless you have pretty good connections with your dealer. In essence, both are hard and if you can get one (eg. GTS) at MSRP, I'm sure you can be patient and get the other. However, I do predict a T will be much easier as the entry level "GT-lite" option; Even more so than the GTS.

The key here is the GT3 / Touring was just announced. Give it a few years, have some patience and it will be available. Porsche is in the business of making money on these high-end trims. They can be even more exclusive with their actual limited edition models.
The following 2 users liked this post by JCZ5:
Das14444 (01-10-2022), Gibberish (01-10-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 05:32 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by mrrippey
I think you wait will be much longer than 2023. Porsche can't even deliver announced models to meet demand (GT3 and TurboS cars)...GTSs seem to be coming out nicely so maybe the re-adjusted their allocations and production. Don't see the add of a T given the demand at this point. They are making PLENTY of $$ and selling EVERY 992 they make currently. No real demand signal for the T unlike other models such as Targa and GTS and GT3s which have wait lists into the stratosphere. Base cars are easier to get tho but still not widely available...just visit any dealer lot over the last 6 mos...no cars especially Carreras.
Originally Posted by JCZ5

I think the price difference is nominal as a nice T say its $125-130k. My 992S was $132 and that was not a stripper but nicely equipped with my own performance oriented mods to include PSE and Manual transmission. So where IS the proposition fo the T? I don't see it in the pricing currently as if that was so they'd have just gave you a base car with lightweight package like the GTS and added the manual tranny....they haven't done that yet and we're 3 yrs into the model production. They may do a T but I think as a farwell to the 992 model maybe before we get the 993 or whatever is coming next. Otherwise why? CarreraS now slots nicely between base buyers and GTS buyers for the performance and can be dumbed down or tarted up as wished. Don't see any/No incentive financially nor model wise for Porsche to add the Carrera T now especially not performance wise...especially where the Cayman GTS 4.0 comes in and is basically should match or exceed the Carrera T performance being not only lighter but mid engined. But hey folks want what they want....
Old 01-11-2022, 02:00 PM
gatorfast
Pro

Received 452 Likes on 257 Posts

I think you wait will be much longer than 2023. Porsche can't even deliver announced models to meet demand (GT3 and TurboS cars)...GTSs seem to be coming out nicely so maybe the re-adjusted their allocations and production. Don't see the add of a T given the demand at this point. They are making PLENTY of $$ and selling EVERY 992 they make currently. No real demand signal for the T unlike other models such as Targa and GTS and GT3s which have wait lists into the stratosphere. Base cars are easier to get tho but still not widely available...just visit any dealer lot over the last 6 mos...no cars especially Carreras.

I think the price difference is nominal as a nice T say its $125-130k. My 992S was $132 and that was not a stripper but nicely equipped with my own performance oriented mods to include PSE and Manual transmission. So where IS the proposition fo the T? I don't see it in the pricing currently as if that was so they'd have just gave you a base car with lightweight package like the GTS and added the manual tranny....they haven't done that yet and we're 3 yrs into the model production. They may do a T but I think as a farwell to the 992 model maybe before we get the 993 or whatever is coming next. Otherwise why? CarreraS now slots nicely between base buyers and GTS buyers for the performance and can be dumbed down or tarted up as wished. Don't see any/No incentive financially nor model wise for Porsche to add the Carrera T now especially not performance wise...especially where the Cayman GTS 4.0 comes in and is basically should match or exceed the Carrera T performance being not only lighter but mid engined. But hey folks want what they want....
Not sure why you are so against the T, but Porsche as a brand is the best at splitting hairs with variants/sub-models. Even in your made up example, the T is lower priced than your S and would no doubt have more performance goodies and bespoke T items which differentiate it from the other models. Sure, if raw HP is your main consideration then you probably arent interested in having the base engine no matter what. But for many people, 380hp or so is plenty and the unique performance package on the T is attractive. Different strokes for different folks.

No doubt that once they introduce the 992 T it will have some fairy dust sprinkled on it, receiving glowing reviews and will be "the one" to have at the moment. Then people will start trading in whatever flavor 911 they currently have in order to pick up a T. You could say that Porsche has this business mode down to a "T"
Gibberish (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 02:55 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Originally Posted by gatorfast
Not sure why you are so against the T, but Porsche as a brand is the best at splitting hairs with variants/sub-models. Even in your made up example, the T is lower priced than your S and would no doubt have more performance goodies and bespoke T items which differentiate it from the other models. Sure, if raw HP is your main consideration then you probably arent interested in having the base engine no matter what. But for many people, 380hp or so is plenty and the unique performance package on the T is attractive. Different strokes for different folks.

No doubt that once they introduce the 992 T it will have some fairy dust sprinkled on it, receiving glowing reviews and will be "the one" to have at the moment. Then people will start trading in whatever flavor 911 they currently have in order to pick up a T. You could say that Porsche has this business mode down to a "T"

⬆️
My thoughts entirely 👌
don't want more than 380hp just want a manual and some nice touches 😎

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club