Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 06:24 PM
IPA1
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 78 Posts

This rear seat decision is killing me. To seat or not to seat?
Same with rear wheel steering. Did anyone find the total weight added by the rear wheel steering? There seems to be more to the system than just adding the steering units to the existing rear suspension.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:40 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,260 Likes on 1,401 Posts

To me if you're not a professional racer weight is not going to make a huge difference. You could always 1) attend HPDE's, 2). lose weight or 3). leave wifey at home.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scott P:
HerrDr (11-27-2022), Stespa (11-28-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 06:49 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by IPA1
Same with rear wheel steering. Did anyone find the total weight added by the rear wheel steering? There seems to be more to the system than just adding the steering units to the existing rear suspension.
Someone posted that RAS adds 25lbs. Then pointed out that the GT cars have it, so clearly Porsche thinks it's worth the weight for the performance. I'm checking the box, and leaving rear seats out. It's a T!
Old 11-27-2022, 06:52 PM
tambo2
AutoX

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Was watching videos about 911s and infant car seats (just had our first child), and came across this piece for the 991.
Stowage Compartment Black - Porsche (991-551-247-83-5q0)

The piece covers the carpet edges/bolt when you remove the rear seat pads, he talks about it and you'll see its installation around 4:35 in the video

https://www.getporschesilverspringpa...47835q0?c=az0x

Question is, how similar are the 991 and 992 rear seats? Or will they make a new one for the 992?

The following 2 users liked this post by tambo2:
HerrDr (11-27-2022), tourenwagen (11-28-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 08:30 PM
bzcat
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 60 Posts

You will never feel the weight difference on these two items so don't make your decision based on weight. Base your decision on how you will use the car.

Rear seat delete is a gimick. Porsche mark up base MSRP on the car and delete the seat so you pay more for less and people think it is a gift from Porsche. You never going to feel the weight difference and I rather have the seat just in case I need to punish my kid and stuff him back there. Adding the seat back for no cost is the easist no brainer on the T order sheet.

RWS offers two advantages when you narrow it down the the essence: reduced turning radius and high speed lane change stability. Not many people will need RWS for the high speed stability in daily driving situation but the reduce turning radius may be useful. You may want RWS if you need to access a tight garage ramp or do a lot of driving on twisty country roads. I have RWS on my Panamera Turbo and it does make the car handle like a smaller car. But I don't think it will make that much difference on a 911. But if $2k is not a financial burden why not... (let's face it, most people contemplating ordering a new 911 can afford another $2k) but I don't think it will detract from the car at all if you don't get it. Or put it another way... it's not an existential crisis on the T. Just like the race tex mouse fur interior in GTS is not that special (for sure inferior to sport tex seat center that we will get on the T) unless you let the people who have it talk you into believe it.

If you plan to track the car then of course your use case is different and you may think differently about rear seats or RWS. But my point is base the decision on what you want to do, not what you think the weight saving will be.

Last edited by bzcat; 11-27-2022 at 08:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bzcat:
6sigma (11-27-2022), s_earl1 (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 08:55 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,477 Likes on 2,816 Posts

I wouldn’t overthink it. The RAS units are about 13 lbs apiece based on what I’ve seen listed in the parts catalog. Some of that weight is going to be offset by the lighter lithium battery.

I’ve driven both RAS and non-RAS equipped 992s and honestly, both drive great. RAS cars do pivot a little different from non-RAS cars, and I like the feeling so I’m a fan. I don’t see any downside expect cost. There hasn’t been a lot of reports of RAS failures - the system seems pretty stout. I’ve never had issues with the Porsche lithium batteries, so that’s not a concern for me either. IMO - when in doubt, check the box.

Flip a coin on rear seat delete - I think if you had LWBs it wouldn’t even be a question but I guess LWBs are no longer an option. At this point, it’s really an aesthetic choice and there isn’t really a wrong answer there.
Old 11-27-2022, 08:58 PM
s_earl1
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 23 Posts

Are these the black LED-Matrix PDLS+ headlights (the $4150 option)?
The following users liked this post:
Patriot (02-16-2023)
Old 11-27-2022, 09:05 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by s_earl1

Are those stripes and mirrors black or Agate Gray?
Old 11-27-2022, 10:28 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 819 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by tambo2
Was watching videos about 911s and infant car seats (just had our first child), and came across this piece for the 991.
Stowage Compartment Black - Porsche (991-551-247-83-5q0)

The piece covers the carpet edges/bolt when you remove the rear seat pads, he talks about it and you'll see its installation around 4:35 in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxe15JKuZIc

https://www.getporschesilverspringpa...47835q0?c=az0x

Question is, how similar are the 991 and 992 rear seats? Or will they make a new one for the 992?

I used the Porsche G1 seat for my 991 T with my 2 year old at the time. It fit perfectly in the rear seat and my wife (5' 4") actually fit in the front. A bit tight but it worked. The Porsche seats are all made by Britax Römer. Britax bought the German company Römer years ago. A lot of the Britax Römer child seats are made in Germany. What's nice is that the system they use is Isofix and better than Latch. There is no need to run a belt through them. The isofix hooks clamp on so tight it's unbelievably safe. My daughter outgrew the Porsche G1 (now selling it) and I just bought another Britax Römer from Germany since the only booster seat with isofix I could find here was the maxi cosi, and I didn't care for it. Good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by Ikone:
tambo2 (11-28-2022), tourenwagen (11-28-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 10:40 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

My backseat logic may differ from others....I am paying for a full leather interior. I am paying for the Carrera T Interior Package. I am taking my green seat belts, rear seat and associated green stitching because I have paid for green stitch visors, sills and a steering column....why would I leave any other green aesthetics off when I am paying for them...no one else should care...but then there is function. Do I remember correctly, during this discussion on the last T....keeping the rear seat gives you all the proper points to bolt in a cage when you take it to the track? (I am not a track guy, so I don't have the answer.). And if so, is the 992, the same as the 991.2 in this respect?
HerrDr (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 12:03 AM
JonnyD72
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 52 Posts

Appear to be, yes.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:36 AM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

The build sheet for this specific press car is here at the end of this doc:

https://media.porsche.com/mediakit/l...-S-GO-4025.pdf

Those are indeed the black matrix lights
s_earl1 (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 12:42 AM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Who in here is going to order the heaviest T? Glass sun roof, pdk, 18 ways, rear steer, extended tank, park assist with power side mirrors, innodrive, Burmester etc? Let's see those piggie builds
The following 4 users liked this post by balucipher:
HerrDr (11-28-2022), minh (11-28-2022), rokkerkory (11-28-2022), tourenwagen (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 09:58 AM
tambo2
AutoX

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
I used the Porsche G1 seat for my 991 T with my 2 year old at the time. It fit perfectly in the rear seat and my wife (5' 4") actually fit in the front. A bit tight but it worked. The Porsche seats are all made by Britax Römer. Britax bought the German company Römer years ago. A lot of the Britax Römer child seats are made in Germany. What's nice is that the system they use is Isofix and better than Latch. There is no need to run a belt through them. The isofix hooks clamp on so tight it's unbelievably safe. My daughter outgrew the Porsche G1 (now selling it) and I just bought another Britax Römer from Germany since the only booster seat with isofix I could find here was the maxi cosi, and I didn't care for it. Good luck!

Good to know, thanks! Which Britax Romer did you end up buying?
Old 11-28-2022, 10:17 AM
stiff///M
Racer

Received 501 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
Standard description:
Included in Leather:
  • Seat centers in Sport-Tex with pin stripes in Lizard Green
  • Seat bolsters (front)
  • Seat headrests with embroidered "911" logo in Slate Grey
  • Steering wheel rim
  • Door grab handles
  • Door panel armrests
  • Center console storage compartment lid
  • Gear lever and gear lever boot (manual transmission only)

T Interior Package description:
Includes in Smooth-Finish Leather:
  • Front seats with Sport-Tex seat centers with pin stripes and stitching in Lizard Green
  • Rear seats with Sport-Tex seat centers and stitching in Lizard Green(only if Rear Seats are selected)
  • Seat headrests with "911" logo embroidered in Lizard Green
  • Steering wheel rim
  • Steering wheel airbag module
  • Door panel armrests
  • Center console lid
  • Upper section of the dashboard with stitching in Lizard Green
  • Lower section of the dashboard
  • Glove compartment
  • Center tunnel knee pads
So to answer your question, no lizard green stitching on the seats, steering wheel, doors, grab handles with Standard leather with Sport-Tex centers.
This is interesting because the configurator shows the headrest "911" in green as well as the door armrest stitching with the basic leather package. Guessing it's another bug.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club