992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 04:43 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 7,822 Likes on 2,911 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
To grow your longterm market share! Let's face it... If you leave your market to the old and rich, they eventually die off. You need to attract a spectrum of buyers that allows growth through the range as people succeed through their lifetime. You need to dangle the carrot in front of them... move it a mile away people loose interest and move to another brand. Most people buying GT3's now, weren't 20 years ago. Plus this current supply shortage is only temporary due to supply chain issues.
This is why the Boxster/Cayman/718 exists as the sports car entry point for the brand. The 4cyl Macan and is the lowest entry point to the brand.

The 911 has never been the “cheap” Porsche for the masses. Making an inexpensive 911 dilutes the model. A Base 911 with no options is a six figure car. Most Base 992s roll of of the lot around $120-130k with options. Most 992 S models are $145-155k rolling off of the lot. The Carrera Ts will land somewhere in between. Of course, these numbers don’t account for ADM. A prospective T would likely get marked up to S levels in this market.

The prominence of Porsche cars in video games demonstrates that they know the value of “getting them while they’re young”.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (11-18-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 05:16 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
To grow your longterm market share! Let's face it... If you leave your market to the old and rich, they eventually die off. You need to attract a spectrum of buyers that allows growth through the range as people succeed through their lifetime. You need to dangle the carrot in front of them... move it a mile away people loose interest and move to another brand. Most people buying GT3's now, weren't 20 years ago. Plus this current supply shortage is only temporary due to supply chain issues.
Agree there is some truth to that but some brands are happy to cater to the old and rich (at least with some of their products). Don’t forget - we all become old (and hopefully rich)… and while 911s might not make sense for most, for many the intro to Porsche might be a base Macan and that serves as the hook from Porsche’s perspective.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:43 PM
67SSWT
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

" If you leave your market to the old and rich, they eventually die off. "
You either get older or you don't

It could be argued that since 1965, the 911 has been and is an aspirational piece, like many other luxury/disposable income pieces.
detansinn (11-17-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 11:22 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Well, November came and went, anyone have an allocation yet?
Old 12-22-2021, 01:25 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
Well, November came and went, anyone have an allocation yet?
No car avail or even announced and they still can't fill 992S allocation demand and GTS just dropped 2 mos ago and they can't fill that either. No way you'll see a Carrera T anytime soon...like next 12-24 mos. Probably as a 992.2 model IF they do it. Not hopeful but not looking for one either! Good luck with that....
jnkirk1974 (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 01:57 AM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
No car avail or even announced and they still can't fill 992S allocation demand and GTS just dropped 2 mos ago and they can't fill that either. No way you'll see a Carrera T anytime soon...like next 12-24 mos. Probably as a 992.2 model IF they do it. Not hopeful but not looking for one either! Good luck with that....
I know
Old 12-28-2021, 07:47 AM
Gibberish
Advanced

Received 100 Likes on 52 Posts

Hi all, new to the forum.
I placed a 992 C order in August on the premise that it'll be changed to a T.
the dealership said there will he a T but when is unknown, i was told most likely with the 992.2 update.
so 2023 is more likely.
This works perfectly for me in my timescale as i have another car on order which will be sold mid 2023.
Here in the UK we're looking late 2023 if you order a 992 CS now anyway 😳
Old 12-28-2021, 08:17 AM
JOSCAL
Instructor

Received 221 Likes on 118 Posts

I got a letter from my dealer (UK) saying my order request is with Porsche GB and they are waiting for allocation confirmation and subsequent delivery dates.

Blaming the chip shortage for delays.

It reads like a generic letter to me so doesn’t really confirm if there will be a T but at least my names down.

Time will tell.
Gibberish (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 08:18 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 7,822 Likes on 2,911 Posts

I still don't get the excitement over the opportunity to pay an inflated ADM for a Base engined car with weight savings on the order of a few gallons of gas -- a weight savings that gets cancelled out once you start adding the options. If the ADM exceeds the price of an S, you're paying way too much for the experience.

Of course, Porsche dealers will gleefully take your deposit as they're willing to do on a GT1, another car that, if anything, is probably more real than a 992.1 Carrera T.
Old 12-28-2021, 12:51 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Originally Posted by detansinn
I still don't get the excitement over the opportunity to pay an inflated ADM for a Base engined car with weight savings on the order of a few gallons of gas -- a weight savings that gets cancelled out once you start adding the options. If the ADM exceeds the price of an S, you're paying way too much for the experience.

Of course, Porsche dealers will gleefully take your deposit as they're willing to do on a GT1, another car that, if anything, is probably more real than a 992.1 Carrera T.

I would like the base Carrera with a manual transmission and the option to add buckets with the T style interior package.
the Base Carrera will not let me currently do this..
that's why i want a T 😉
380bhp is also plenty enough for the British roads as the laws here are stacked up against the motorists meaning you'll be treated like an axe murderer if you do 10 mph over the limit. 🙁
TomTarzian (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 12:54 PM
Gibberish
Advanced

Originally Posted by JOSCAL
I got a letter from my dealer (UK) saying my order request is with Porsche GB and they are waiting for allocation confirmation and subsequent delivery dates.

It reads like a generic letter to me so doesn’t really confirm if there will be a T but at least my names down.

Time will tell.
similar to mine, deposit paid and paperwork signed.
time will tell but it's better to be on the list because as soon as it's announced that list will grow.
the last Manual ICE 911 Carrera without a hybrid system 😎

If it all works out she'll be a keeper for sure.
TomTarzian (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 02:21 PM
JOSCAL
Instructor

Received 221 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibberish
I would like the base Carrera with a manual transmission and the option to add buckets with the T style interior package.
that's why i want a T 😉
380bhp is also plenty enough for the British roads as the laws here are stacked up against the motorists meaning you'll be treated like an axe murderer if you do 10 mph over the limit. 🙁
Exactly😎
The following 2 users liked this post by JOSCAL:
Gibberish (12-28-2021), TomTarzian (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 02:29 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

I would like the base Carrera with a manual transmission...the Base Carrera will not let me currently do this...that's why i want a T 😉
380bhp is also plenty enough... 🙁
Totally agree. Not Gibberish at all!

God bless you,
Tom
Gibberish (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 10:53 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
I know
Good luck with that...
Hi all, new to the forum.
I placed a 992 C order in August on the premise that it'll be changed to a T.
the dealership said there will he a T but when is unknown, i was told most likely with the 992.2 update.
so 2023 is more likely.
This works perfectly for me in my timescale as i have another car on order which will be sold mid 2023.
Here in the UK we're looking late 2023 if you order a 992 CS now anyway 😳
Agree with the year out look and order as same exists over this side of the Atlantic but for a car not even announced yet...that Porsche may not make till the end of the model line. Well seems a bit like hoping for hope to me. Its been what going on 3 yrs now and they are JUST getting to the GTS releases...many still want a manual base which at this point doesn't seem like it will happen. Same with the elusive Carrera T? Hopefully dealer lets you swap that allocation to something hey actually may produce and you can get to drive guys/gals! Just saying.
Originally Posted by JOSCAL

Time will tell.
It will won't it but noone at Porsche has officially announced a Carrera T for this model. Given the current shortage and chip issues and demand why would they put additional resources into that limited model when they are selling all of the others just fine is my question? How they let you swap that out for another model if it goes past 2023 then.
that's why i want a T 😉
Yes but they may NOT make the Carrera T in manual just like they have withheld the manual base car from us. Forcing those who want a manual to go with the S or drop down to the PDK base and accept it as many makers have done by dropping the stick all together from their line up. I was happy they had a manual and I could get one albeit I too would have been happy with the base car I tested (in PDK) but thus I had to plan for the S and added acquisition costs along with a more reasonable pick of available options I needed vs those I just desired or others said were ones to get or dealer prevences. In the end I got a car I enjoy and how I wanted it and well Porsche gotme to get what they were willing to produce... WINS for all overall but Porsche in particular!
similar to mine, deposit paid and paperwork signed.
time will tell but it's better to be on the list because as soon as it's announced that list will grow.
the last Manual ICE 911 Carrera without a hybrid system 😎

If it all works out she'll be a keeper for sure.
We don't even know what the next Carrera will look like other than it will be an ICE most likely so the point about the Carrera T being the LAST manual ICE 991 is funny cause its based on almost the rationalization to make a car Porsche hasn't even said they will yet! Note as long as the 992.2 S is out there..and the GTS and they [Porsche] doesn't change anything don't they still qualify as manual ICE 911's? just saying sometimes we do let the band name/model setup blind us to what we are really buying here and getting. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:25 AM
jayson
Racer

Received 440 Likes on 124 Posts

At this point, I am fully expecting the 'T" trim to simply be a base 911 w. manual option + an interesting interior trim. Generally the rest of the options that made the 991 car a bit more special are fully available in the configurator already, albeit spread out amongst the different models.

That said, I will still consider it if / when it is unveiled.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club