Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 10:03 AM
Alc
Racer

Received 532 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by diss7
Car is coming, whether you believe there’s a business case or not.

SA’s are all confident as they’ve been recently advised internally of some details.

I was told yesterday that August release is now October.
This is the most telling sign that perhaps SA’s don’t know. Why would they push it back, what does Porsche gain out of that decision? Lower demand? Less deposits? Do they need more time to test it? When were they going to release it in July, what platform? Does the SA know or is he/she just helping the rumor mill? To me it sounds like they were never intending to release it this month and the SA is just keeping interest peaked.

Porsche has been clearly signaling a lot of models but I haven’t seen them signal a T yet except they released a Macan T (if you call that signaling) which possesses a lackluster VW engine that literally only adds PSE and silver sportex but only on the 4-way seats.

Last time they revealed the 991.2T at the LA auto show so perhaps a repeat but until you start seeing mules in the wild I wouldn’t hold your breath. More importantly, if you do not see Porsche testing them, I would definitely hesitate on purchasing because it may not come close to the hype the original created. At the end of the day Porsche could slap anything they want on a Base model and call it a T, like they did the Macan T, and people will buy it - value and performance be damned. How terrible would that be, they do “more of the same” except 992T is PDK only. I love the prospect of a 992T but there is so much questionable information or lack there of from Porsche HQ.

this is an honest question: are 992 base, S, and GTS made on different assembly lines? If not, would a T order be placed ahead of all those people waiting for their allocations/builds/deliveries on the other trims?
The following users liked this post:
Gibberish (07-13-2022)
Old 07-13-2022, 10:26 AM
Gibberish
Advanced

Received 100 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Alc
This is the most telling sign that perhaps SA’s don’t know. Why would they push it back, what does Porsche gain out of that decision? Lower demand? Less deposits? Do they need more time to test it? When were they going to release it in July, what platform? Does the SA know or is he/she just helping the rumor mill? To me it sounds like they were never intending to release it this month and the SA is just keeping interest peaked.

Porsche has been clearly signaling a lot of models but I haven’t seen them signal a T yet except they released a Macan T (if you call that signaling) which possesses a lackluster VW engine that literally only adds PSE and silver sportex but only on the 4-way seats.

Last time they revealed the 991.2T at the LA auto show so perhaps a repeat but until you start seeing mules in the wild I wouldn’t hold your breath. More importantly, if you do not see Porsche testing them, I would definitely hesitate on purchasing because it may not come close to the hype the original created. At the end of the day Porsche could slap anything they want on a Base model and call it a T, like they did the Macan T, and people will buy it - value and performance be damned. How terrible would that be, they do “more of the same” except 992T is PDK only. I love the prospect of a 992T but there is so much questionable information or lack there of from Porsche HQ.

this is an honest question: are 992 base, S, and GTS made on different assembly lines? If not, would a T order be placed ahead of all those people waiting for their allocations/builds/deliveries on the other trims?
Very true, we're all just speculating on what little information we have.
As for production, all 911's are made in Zuffenhausen, I believe as it would be a new model released then whoever has a deposit placed will have the first cars and they will start producing straight after launch.
so yes, someone with a 24 month wait for a gts will get their car after someone who ordered a T (provided the T is released within the next 12 months)
I placed a Macan GTS order last Aug, still not built.. due in Sept.
The Macan T released Early this year and someone on the macan forum had theirs in June.
all Macans made in the same place ( Leipzig)
Old 07-16-2022, 03:14 AM
gskv
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Anybody else waiting for a 992.2 T?

Had a 991.2 T and totally miss it w/ 7MT and PCCB.

Regret going into a 991.2 GTS4 w/ PDK (Kinda, the power is fun.)

Waiting for a 992.2 T and really looking forward to the sportex seats rather than the leather stuff.
Old 07-16-2022, 10:12 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,144 Likes on 3,010 Posts

See this thread…

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1230...-specs-25.html
Old 07-17-2022, 04:52 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,517 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Old 07-18-2022, 04:32 AM
JOSCAL
Racer

Received 252 Likes on 138 Posts

If anything that makes me want to keep my current T😊 is the 992 really that much bigger etc?

It comes up every generation and I’ve had them all from 993 to 991 and it’s never bothered me but cars are getting too big for the narrow roads here in Ireland.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:32 AM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

Curious for those of you who own a Carrera T with the lightweight glass option. What do you do when the rear window fogs?
Old 07-18-2022, 09:15 AM
Alc
Racer

….my personal favorite was when the narrator described that Porsche says they did so many little things to the car but there’s never been a list he could find of all the changes. That means for years to come we are going to find little differences in engineering from other models. Heck I had no idea about the neutral spring setting 3-4 vs 5-6 in the MT until now.

given what we have seen on the 718T and MacanT I’m guessing the 992T won’t have nearly the careful and deliberate (albeit unknown at this time) changes found in the 991.2T. If GB Porsche and other Porsche entities just don’t want to part with the 991.2T, you know it’s destined to be a legend. Perhaps some of this trickles down to the 992T.
Gibberish (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 09:24 AM
jtsrenn
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoastj
Curious for those of you who own a Carrera T with the lightweight glass option. What do you do when the rear window fogs?
Did the lightweight glass on the 991.2 not come with a defroster? I've got the lightweight glass on my 992 and it has the defroster.
Old 07-18-2022, 09:59 AM
Alc
Racer

No the rear window does not have a defroster. The button maybe there but unless the rear window has the elements (lines) running through it it does not have a rear defroster. I think that button only defrosts the side mirrors on my T. If your window has the lines, it is not the lightweight glass..

Last edited by Alc; 07-18-2022 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:30 AM
jtsrenn
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Alc
No the rear window does not have a defroster. The button maybe there but unless the rear window has the elements (lines) running through it it does not have a rear defroster. I think that button only defrosts the side mirrors on my T. If your window has the lines, it is not the lightweight glass..
I ordered the lightweight package which comes with the lightweight glass. It does not have lines and defrosts as fast or faster than my 991.2 with the standard glass did. I'm glad Porsche figured out how to make it work with the 992 gen lightweight glass.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:15 PM
jayson
Pro

Received 481 Likes on 142 Posts

Keep the glass clean and it shouldn't be much of an issue. Most folks do not use T's as a daily.
Old 07-19-2022, 04:24 PM
snapper911
Track Day

Received 40 Likes on 8 Posts

You tell yourself "what's behind you doesn't matter" and enjoy the sound

Last edited by snapper911; 07-19-2022 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-24-2022, 01:49 PM
s_earl1
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 23 Posts

Almost end of August and nothing new... guess everybody's cleaning ladies are on vacation?
Old 08-24-2022, 03:37 PM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by s_earl1
Almost end of August and nothing new... guess everybody's cleaning ladies are on vacation?
I was at a PCNA track event last week. I specifically asked the instructors from Alabama if they had seen or heard anything about the T. Nothing. I asked about 992.1 3.0TT vs. the rumors of 992.2 4.0L N/A. Nothing. Usually you get the "nothing I can share at this time", but they genuinely seemed like they hadn't heard anything about it yet. At this point, I'm thinking 992.2 as they are filling as many GTS orders as they want, which are higher MSRP for Porsche.
mdrobc1213 (09-08-2022)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club