Old 06-30-2023, 01:00 PM
porsche526
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

I thought their were no more allocations for the gt4rs
Old 06-30-2023, 01:39 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by alcoolmag911
Not even 48 hrs after delivery of a 991.2 RS already thinking about the next car. Must be nice
Have been thinking about the 4RS for years. Was late to the party in trying to get one. I drove a friend's 4RS on the road a couple months ago, and I liked it.

I'm at the point where to get something, I need to trade/sell something. So if 4RS comes, something will go.

Originally Posted by cooler2442
4RS will feel less compliant/planted than your 3RS but it will feel more raw/more of an experience to drive.
Main attraction of the 4RS is that it's the best track-oriented Cayman ever made, and also an entertaining road car. I was never satisfied with the handling of the 981 GT4 on track near the limit (even after TPC mods), and hoping that the 4RS has handling on par with the 911 GT cars.

Originally Posted by porsche526
I thought their were no more allocations for the gt4rs
I don't know. Some people say there will be more allocations, and I guess Porsche has the option of making more of these cars if they want to.

Last edited by Manifold; 06-30-2023 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:13 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I have a 2023 brand new 911 T - with 130 miles on the odometer. Guard’s red. Asking $147,000. Manual trans, I took a GT3 allocation just after this car arrived.

if interested - private message.
In Riverside California. Drove it home from the Porsche dealer to my garage.

standard race-tex interior - ballistic woven fabric seat centers- black
gt steering wheel race-tex
locking wheel bolts
sunroof
prep for roof transportation system
extinguisher passenger seat
interior trim guard’s red
rear- axle steering
rear seat delete
porsche dynamic led lights
guards red seat belts
guards red tachometer
prep for front and rear dash camera
1year maintenance
full factory warranty
light weight glass
reduced sound deadening
sports chrono
sport engine sound
more aggressive suspension than base Carrera
7 speed manual transmission
racetex shift **** and shift boot
pirelli performance tires
20” front wheels and 21” rear wheels
T model only items

titanium painted wheels, titanium painted side rearview mirrors, titianium rear slats and model lettering and Porsche. Black calipers.
clean title - no lien.

only a few new 911T’s for sale in the country for considerable more money. I paid an ADM-

true driver’s car - designed for mountain and country road driving- not trying to beatby .5 second on a track.

watch this review - many more on youtube

also a YouTube video on this car itself

the sweet spot in the 911 range —

Last edited by Targa32; 06-30-2023 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:15 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

^^^Great looking car^^^ more than enough power for most. I miss my 991.2 Carrera T. More comfortable and practical for a DD.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:31 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

Gt3 allocations definitely tough to get right now as they’ve moved onto 3rs for the most part. 3rs and 4rs are most definitely floating around
Old 07-01-2023, 09:17 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Gt3 allocations definitely tough to get right now as they’ve moved onto 3rs for the most part. 3rs and 4rs are most definitely floating around
My dealer says no more allocations being released. Maybe the ones floating around were already released and being shopped for highest bidder? Or my dealer is wrong because they don’t know.
Old 07-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

I took an allocation for a GT3 last week for $40 k over and a polite not required request to buy a GT 3 watch or a Porsche electric off road bike ( about the same cost).

the watch is only available to a GT3 owner so it might b e the better long term decision.

the car is shark blue, neodyme (gold) wheels around $15,000 in options. Four way seats - I find on my 911’s I set the seat and leave it and the steering column does not adjust with the memory button these days anyway. Lighter weight. Carbon fiber roof. Matching blue interior trim.,-‘Adding my own martini style livery - see the mock ups below.

I only had one day to decide on the build/ dealer was allocated this allocation just before it was locking the next day.

this will be a 2024 car - and with options and shipping the cost to he msrp is $199,800. So the car before tax and license $240,000 essentially.

I labored over the transmission choice - and my wife’s logic was this is a track focused car and clearly the pdk is faster and can still be shifted by hand with the center console stick auto trans shifter. Also I do think the pdk is less strain on the engine and the odds of having to replace a clutch is a consideration. When driving on a track less distractions and your hands stay on the steering wheel all the time. Easier to focus on the driving. I am also lucky to have a 2023 911 T with a manual being delivered on July 19th anyway.

clutches are guaranteed to fail on a manual and I would hate to ask what it costs to replace the l clutch on a GT3? I assume extended warranties will not cover a clutch pedal that drops to the floor.

anyone replace a clutch in a 992 - 911 recently?

a few pics and a picture mock-up with the gold and blue color Martiniesque livery I am already designing for the car.

I have a shop in London - England - that does the livery for me. Really good and fair priced.

debating having “PORSCHE” in gold metallic lettering on the top or bottom of the wing. What do you think? Wife says “everyone knows it is a Porsche already”.

seems like most of the GT3’s for sale are 2022 models and not too many 2023 builds and so far no 2024, might be the last year for this all gas engine GT3’s.
Old 07-01-2023, 04:44 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Which wing lettering - would be in gold metallic to match with the martini stripes in gold and dark and shark blue - on top, bottom or delete? Or Maybe on the top of the rear window in gold lettering like on the gt4-rs..

forgot to upload this pics of the wings with lettering on top or bottom?

Old 07-01-2023, 05:27 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

I’ve never even heard of someone driving a gt3/rs so many miles they need a clutch replacement. If you don’t last at least 100k miles on a clutch you probably are burning it and not driving properly.

pdk I’d be more worried about 10-20 years from now

Porsche is far from done with either RS
The following users liked this post:
revolve77 (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 06:47 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,074 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Yup, time to pump out lots of 3RSs now.
IRunalot (07-04-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 08:06 PM
revolve77
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I’ve never even heard of someone driving a gt3/rs so many miles they need a clutch replacement. If you don’t last at least 100k miles on a clutch you probably are burning it and not driving properly.

pdk I’d be more worried about 10-20 years from now

Porsche is far from done with either RS
No transmission is perfect and I also labored with this decision. At the end of the day it came down to ease of serviceability and vehicle engagement......manual all the way for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by revolve77:
IRunalot (07-04-2023), welikethetrack (07-02-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 09:10 PM
porsche526
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

No manual for me unless its my 997.2 gt3rs which i barely drive. I just traded in a 991.2 manual gt3. I live in miami. Traffic is getting horrible. Cant appreciate the car… i wojld go pdk. Actually i jad one if the first ones back in oct 2021. Never drove it .. used it as an investment without knowing it would turn a substantial profit at the time i ourchased one …. Sold it in 2 weeks …. It was a bery nice profit. It was shark blue with 18 way seats…
Old 07-02-2023, 12:10 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 865 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I took an allocation for a GT3 last week for $40 k over and a polite not required request to buy a GT 3 watch or a Porsche electric off road bike ( about the same cost).

the watch is only available to a GT3 owner so it might b e the better long term decision.

the car is shark blue, neodyme (gold) wheels around $15,000 in options. Four way seats - I find on my 911’s I set the seat and leave it and the steering column does not adjust with the memory button these days anyway. Lighter weight. Carbon fiber roof. Matching blue interior trim.,-‘Adding my own martini style livery - see the mock ups below.

I only had one day to decide on the build/ dealer was allocated this allocation just before it was locking the next day.

this will be a 2024 car - and with options and shipping the cost to he msrp is $199,800. So the car before tax and license $240,000 essentially.

I labored over the transmission choice - and my wife’s logic was this is a track focused car and clearly the pdk is faster and can still be shifted by hand with the center console stick auto trans shifter. Also I do think the pdk is less strain on the engine and the odds of having to replace a clutch is a consideration. When driving on a track less distractions and your hands stay on the steering wheel all the time. Easier to focus on the driving. I am also lucky to have a 2023 911 T with a manual being delivered on July 19th anyway.

clutches are guaranteed to fail on a manual and I would hate to ask what it costs to replace the l clutch on a GT3? I assume extended warranties will not cover a clutch pedal that drops to the floor.

a few pics and a picture mock-up with the gold and blue color Martiniesque livery I am already designing for the car.

I have a shop in London - England - that does the livery for me. Really good and fair priced.

debating having “PORSCHE” in gold metallic lettering on the top or bottom of the wing. What do you think? Wife says “everyone knows it is a Porsche already”.

seems like most of the GT3’s for sale are 2022 models and not too many 2023 builds and so far no 2024, might be the last year for this all gas engine GT3’s.
Looks phenomenal! Congrats - very exciting..

Obviously transmission choice is personal and there’s no right or wrong - I’d go PDK too for the track and the track ethos/orientation of a winged GT3.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:09 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Targa32

really epic color combo!!

and you guys are so lucky you can get the factory cage, that thing is SO COOL. I wouldn’t overthink the lettering as you can easily remove it, I say get it because you’re even thinking about it and if you don’t like it just take it off.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:51 PM
njcycleguy
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

What's the latest (July 2023) ADM people are seeing on winged builds?
gtme (07-06-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM