992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2023 | 09:27 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Of course you are.

You're the guy that claims that your dealer hasnt been selling to non-VIP's
You're the guy that claims that you're #1 on your dealer's list for a GT car at MSRP.
You're the guy that claims to own 11 cars now but cant post a pic of any GT cars.
You're the guy that has posted over 200 times since Thanksgiving warning of people of a recession and telling people to be PATIENT and wait for ADM's to come back down.
And yet you went out and bought a Porsche TTS and for some strange reason . . . arent able to post a pic of it as several here have requested.

Just stop.
You're embarrassing yourself.
I took you off ignore because this thread became civil and the personal attacks stopped. Now I see that you are the only one who's crossing the line on civility and engaging in personal attack. I may or may not put you back on ignore, but I'm not going to respond to the misunderstandings, misrepresentations, and accusations in your post. I've been around RL a long time, and many people here know me personally - I don't need to be posting pics to prove anything to strangers on the internet.

Last edited by Manifold; 02-20-2023 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2023 | 09:34 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
So? That was a very special well equipped and rare Touring model.

Here is winged car that just sold for only $40k over MSRP.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-28/
I own a Touring and paid a very reasonable ADM to spec my own build.
I'm enjoying my car and it is without a doubt, the best GT car that I've ever owned.
Ask "veteran" Porschefiles like Mooty and you'll get the same response. I dont care about "winged" cars.

The following users liked this post:
RUF RS (02-21-2023)
Old 02-20-2023 | 09:34 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

So? That was a very special well equipped and rare Touring model.
Yep, stunningly beautiful car. I can totally understand 'gotta have it regardless of the price' thinking with that one.
Carlo_Carrera (02-20-2023)
Old 02-20-2023 | 09:38 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Manifold
I took you off ignore because this thread became civil and the personal attacks stopped. Now I see that you are the only one who's crossing the line on civility and engaging in personal attack. I may or may not put you back on ignore, but I'm not going to respond to the misunderstandings, misrepresentations, and accusations in your post. I've been around RL a long time, and many people here know me personally - I don't need to be posting pics to prove anything to strangers on the internet.
You're one of several people that turned this ADM thread into your own "therapy" session as to why you'll never own a GT car.
You did the same thing in the GT3RS thread and people called you out on your behavior and put you on IGNORE.
I'm not the only one here that thinks you're incredibly self-absorbed and tone-deaf.
The fact that you cant post a photo of your TTS speaks volumes.

Old 02-20-2023 | 09:46 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

You're one of several people that turned this ADM thread into your own "therapy" session as to why you'll never own a GT car.
You did the same thing in the GT3RS thread and people called you out on your behavior and put you on IGNORE.
I'm not the only one here that thinks you're incredibly self-absorbed and tone-deaf.
FYI, I posted pics of my TTS in an appropriate thread. Consider that whether I post pics in this thread might depend on who asks for the pics.

As I've said many times, I do currently own two GT cars, and the wife and I have put 67k miles on them.

My critiques of the GT3RS, while some didn't like to hear them, weren't refuted by anyone. Those critiques may have steered some people away from the car who wouldn't have liked the car for the reasons I noted. RL isn't a car worship forum, it's appropriate to critique cars.

OK, you're back on ignore ...
Old 02-20-2023 | 10:06 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Please stop with the personal comments. Thanks.
The following 3 users liked this post by Carlo_Carrera:
9914s (02-26-2023), mcsmcs1 (02-24-2023), usctrojanGT3 (02-20-2023)
Old 02-20-2023 | 10:12 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I own a Touring and paid a very reasonable ADM to spec my own build.
I'm enjoying my car and it is without a doubt, the best GT car that I've ever owned.
Ask "veteran" Porschefiles like Mooty and you'll get the same response. I dont care about "winged" cars.
GT3 Tour is very good purchase. They aways seem to bring more money than a winged.

Thing is though, unlike the 991 with the 992 it is very simple to turn a winged car into Touring look a like. If you like the mini ducktail look, which I do, it is the best of both worlds.

https://salteraero.com/products/992-...22-911-gt3-992

Diablo Dude (02-20-2023)
Old 02-20-2023 | 10:24 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Please stop with the personal comments. Thanks.
Let's get along and play nice everyone.
Carlo_Carrera (02-20-2023)
Old 02-20-2023 | 11:15 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

GT3 Tour is very good purchase. They aways seem to bring more money than a winged.

Thing is though, unlike the 991 with the 992 it is very simple to turn a winged car into Touring look a like. If you like the mini ducktail look, which I do, it is the best of both worlds.

https://salteraero.com/products/992-...22-911-gt3-992

irrespective of resale value, I think the 992 looks better as a winged car because the rest of the car is already pretty aggressive looking. The 991 looks better as a touring.

but maybe I’m just biased

Carlo_Carrera (02-21-2023)
Old 02-20-2023 | 11:17 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

porsche has made 1/4 as many tourings as winged. So … it doesn’t take much of a demand preference to really skew relative price
The following 2 users liked this post by AlexCeres:
Carlo_Carrera (02-21-2023), Diablo Dude (02-20-2023)
Old 02-20-2023 | 11:20 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let's hope that trend does not continue and inflation keeps heading lower towards 2% because if it begins to flatten out or even rise the Fed will respond with bigger rate hikes which will cause more pain down the line.
Its very possible.

You have the soft landing, the hard landing, and the NO LANDING ... which means the Fed never pauses.

Old 02-20-2023 | 11:21 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

In other news, Porsche shares are up 40% since their IPO.

Margins can be generous when you sell things that are highly desirable to wealthy people for whom price is no object. Think LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 02-21-2023 at 12:05 AM.
AlexCeres (02-22-2023)
Old 02-21-2023 | 12:15 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Just because the White House changed the definition of a recession doesn’t mean we’re not in one.
GDP + 4% with real CPI at 10% lol.
Sorry, but you have no idea what youre talking about.

Unemployment is the lowest since the 1960's and GDP is strong given that "services" make up the bulk of GDP. Housing, washing machines, and pretty much anything that needs financing makes up ONLY 20% of GDP.

Old 02-21-2023 | 01:29 AM
WCGhost
Instructor

Sure, but the prices are clearly trending down, down, down, and have been for months. That is all I was saying.
I am seeing the same down trend, but I have also seen the number of cars drop. On Autotrader there were 187 992 GT3s listed in late November, they are down to 147. This is the lowest number since last summer. This doesnt necessarily mean these are all being sold, I am starting to see some dealers (Atlantic Subaru) for example, relist GT3s that they had up for over a year that did not sell. I am also seeing many dealers not list their 2023 GT3s for sale online, they instead will just advertise these in the show room. The best deals I have seen for sold 992 GT3s are cars that were not marketed on autotrader or elsewhere online, they were just sold off the show room floor. For example that Arctic Gray GT3 at Stevens Creek that a few people posted in here, they said the deal was +$28K + pre paid maint + Porsche watch purchase, but this car actually ended up selling for MSRP. This one moved quickly and fairly under the radar. I know for a fact that a few local dealers have had GT3s listed for close to a year that have not sold, and they are not advertising their 2023s that are in their showroom. Another piece of info that I can provide is that there are still some people who are paying significantly more than others in some markets, I know that parts of Florida people were getting fairly high values for their flooded cars from insurance, so they were not hesitating to just go ahead and pay over on a replacement vehicle. I think dealers know prices are coming down, and they don't want that to be publicized so they may be selling many cars quietly until the cars they paid significantly over MSRP on are sold. Once the cars that dealers paid a ton over on are gone, it could be that prices really start too fall on public listings, but who knows since there are many other variables at play. One thing is for certain, getting data on these sold listings from dealers has been tough. I think that many cars that had been listed on the lower end that finally sold, may have sold for significantly lower than their list price, I think these dealers finally took the lower offers. They didn't incrementally drop the price, they sat at their already discounted price for several weeks, and are now no longer listed. I have always posted what I have seen in this thread, at times it supports higher prices, and others the data supports lower prices. I can't really comment on where prices will be in a month or 6 months, but I can comment on where I have seen cars sold for in the past few weeks. I will also say that a good spec car is still catching a very high premium as it always has, but these cars are becoming less and less common.

Last edited by WCGhost; 02-21-2023 at 01:31 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by WCGhost:
Carlo_Carrera (02-21-2023), mcsmcs1 (02-24-2023), Turbo Racer (02-21-2023), usctrojanGT3 (02-21-2023)
Old 02-21-2023 | 01:53 AM
Day Laborer
Intermediate

Maybe this is just scuttlebutt, but I've heard that Stevens Creek's GT3 sold at MSRP with the purchase of 8 watches. Hope someone can validate this.

Also, first two 2023 GT3s hit the auction and both sold at 268k, I know one was Arctic Grey, FAL, Buckets, manual and no PCCB - so guessing below 195k msrp

Diablo Dude (02-22-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM