Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.

One fun (if superficial) read here https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...november-2022/
Interesting read.
Thanks!
Old 12-02-2022, 03:54 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,699 Likes on 5,115 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Interesting read.
Thanks!
RE: direct sales.

I think in the future we might see a model that is similar to buying mobile phones.

You can either buy an iPhone directly from Apple, or one of the carriers and get the phone for "free" (or heavily discounted) subject to agreeing to a X term service plan.

Same with cars. You could buy a 911 directly from PAG, or from a dealer (at a higher cost), which would provide free servicing, maintenance, etc. Dealer would also be able to provide leasing as an option.

So as the consumer, you can choose the model you want.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:57 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 680 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
This thread is the most entertaining thread on RL for me, I keep getting sucked into it....can't....stop...posting.
100% same lol
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 04:21 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

2022 Agate Grey Touring with PDK and 1,300 miles just sold for $92,000 over $194,000 MSRP.
Very active bidding in the final 15 minutes by 5 bidders.
$286,000

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 Touring for sale on BaT Auctions - ending December 2 (Lot #92,313) | Bring a Trailer

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 12-02-2022 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2022, 05:23 PM
Therosser77
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

It's really interesting to see the irrational exuberance on BaT. Without looking too hard, there are several Touring's on the market in similar spec that can be had for less money.

The following 2 users liked this post by Therosser77:
Engro (12-02-2022), WCGhost (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 06:22 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
Just seen a lot more cattiness, name calling, and disrespect of other users in this thread than most others on this forum. If your opinion doesn't line up with someone else's in here, you'll usually be called a stupid, dumb, an idiot, etc. I like a healthy discussion and the predictions are fun, but some of the attitudes in here are a bit much for my liking.
Those are just delusional people who don't want to hear that GT prices will fall over time. Not sure what all the saltiness is when we've seen this before with 991 GT cars. Yeah it's a bit different nowadays due to all the gov't cheese and Fed helicopter funny money but those days are over and like Jay said....there will be pain!
WCGhost (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 06:23 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Just seen a lot more cattiness, name calling, and disrespect of other users in this thread than most others on this forum. If your opinion doesn't line up with someone else's in here, you'll usually be called a stupid, dumb, an idiot, etc. I like a healthy discussion and the predictions are fun, but some of the attitudes in here are a bit much for my liking.
This thread is also why people who are new to the brand or new to the GT3 are put off by Rennlist all together. I understand the rest of the forum is more collaborative and supportive, but if new the ADM thread will be the first place people come, and they are in for a not so great time if asking questions or expressing opinions.
rusmani (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 06:27 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Therosser77
It's really interesting to see the irrational exuberance on BaT. Without looking too hard, there are several Touring's on the market in similar spec that can be had for less money.
Yes, BAT does catch a premium on manual tourings, from what I have seen that premium could be $20K+ at times. There was a PTS manual touring sold at Porsche San Diego for $270-$280K, I think a car like that would have sold for $300K on BAT given the recent transactions. This was surprising to see that a PDK touring went for that much over, those can be had for $25K less just about anywhere in the country.

Last edited by WCGhost; 12-02-2022 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ascend
RL definitely has more cattiness than other car forums. Maybe because its mostly guys with mid life crisis with too much female hormones lol.
Or newbs that haven't been around block a few times like some of us veterans, who knows. If you paid a big ADM be proud because you got the car you wanted and you got deep pockets.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:31 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
2022 Agate Grey Touring with PDK and 1,300 miles just sold for $92,000 over $194,000 MSRP.
Very active bidding in the final 15 minutes by 5 bidders.
$286,000

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 Touring for sale on BaT Auctions - ending December 2 (Lot #92,313) | Bring a Trailer

Seller could have gotten more if he had a 6spd and bucket seats. If he got the car at MSRP, I hope he gets blackballed by his dealer.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:32 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Those are just delusional people who don't want to hear that GT prices will fall over time. Not sure what all the saltiness is when we've seen this before with 991 GT cars. Yeah it's a bit different nowadays due to all the gov't cheese and Fed helicopter funny money but those days are over and like Jay said....there will be pain!
Jusr curious how many global pandemics you have lived through as well? Or potential automotive revolutions in transitioning from gas to EV? In my opinion, it's not that simple.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:36 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Jusr curious how many global pandemics you have lived through as well? Or potential automotive revolutions in transitioning from gas to EV? In my opinion, it's not that simple.
I did mention that he were in interesting times because of COVID and all the stimulus money but now things will begin coming back to the mean and there are a ton of headwinds that I've listed out that the car market is dealing with now which is putting downward pressure on car prices. Don't worry, stealers are saving the "this is the last NA GT" for the 992.2 GT3/RS so we'll see big ADMs all over again...it's like groundhog's day every 3-4 years with these GT cars.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:37 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

I'm sorry, but I dont think that's a very honest assessment.

It looks like your "cherry-picking" to me. I dont believe that anyone here has been "delusional" (your claim) thinking that they dont expect GT prices to fall over time.
Everyone knows that cars are depreciating assets. It would be pure fantasy to think otherwise.

On another note, I find it strange that there are people in total denial as to how robust these ADM's continue to be. In fact, they'll make every excuse in the book to
rationalize why they've been wrong. These are the same people that have been a "broken" clock for six months straight and cant admit that they've been totally wrong.
Never mind the guy that repeatedly claims that ADM's are "collapsing".

I must say, it's weird that you dont call him out as being delusional.
But according to you, others here are?
How does that work?

Not everyone is able to cultivate an "out-of-state" relationship over the years with a Porsche dealer that allows them to buy GT cars at MSRP.
Youre a veteran. You know this.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 12-02-2022 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:38 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Or newbs that haven't been around block a few times like some of us veterans, who knows. If you paid a big ADM be proud because you got the car you wanted and you got deep pockets.
I know you started buying Porsche GT cars in the mid 2010s and now have a solid connection to get more cars at MSRP. For a lot of others who don't have that privilege, I can tell you it's not that easy. I think ADM paying enthusiasts who really want this car to enjoy aren't particularly proud of paying ADM, but it's a necessarily evil if you want a GT3 anytime soon.

I paid a 15k ADM for my GT4. Am I proud of it? Absolutely not. But to me, it was either pay ADM for a guarantee or risk missing out on the chance of getting the car to my exact liking. Now that I have the car and actually get to drive/enjoy it, the sting of ADM has worn off.

I am shopping for a new DD and have interest in a Golf R. Have reached out to nearly 20 dealers in my region. All either have double digit wait lists for MSRP or 5-15k ADM. I won't feel like I'm missing out if I don't get a new Golf R, so I'm not paying ADM. But that's just the reality of the situation. If I want one, I prolly need to accept the current conditions and pony up. Several dealers with wait lists said they won't even take my name because their lists are too long.
The following 2 users liked this post by rusmani:
Diablo Dude (12-02-2022), neoprufrok (12-05-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 07:04 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,348 Likes on 2,475 Posts

I know you started buying Porsche GT cars in the mid 2010s and now have a solid connection to get more cars at MSRP. For a lot of others who don't have that privilege, I can tell you it's not that easy. I think ADM paying enthusiasts who really want this car to enjoy aren't particularly proud of paying ADM, but it's a necessarily evil if you want a GT3 anytime soon.

I paid a 15k ADM for my GT4. Am I proud of it? Absolutely not. But to me, it was either pay ADM for a guarantee or risk missing out on the chance of getting the car to my exact liking. Now that I have the car and actually get to drive/enjoy it, the sting of ADM has worn off.

I am shopping for a new DD and have interest in a Golf R. Have reached out to nearly 20 dealers in my region. All either have double digit wait lists for MSRP or 5-15k ADM. I won't feel like I'm missing out if I don't get a new Golf R, so I'm not paying ADM. But that's just the reality of the situation. If I want one, I prolly need to accept the current conditions and pony up. Several dealers with wait lists said they won't even take my name because their lists are too long.
If you have a pay a large ADM to get a car you don't really need in a hurry, prolly better to just wait for prices to come down. But I would say that $15k ADM isn't bad, it's when people are paying tens of thousands or even more than $100K that they should stop and consider whether they really want the car that much, or that soon.

As far as the last manual NA thing, eventually that will be true, but there will be plenty of used ones around, and I suspect that the future turbo, hybrid, and even electric sports cars will be pretty good. Several years ago, I test drove a Tesla Model S with the ludicrous package, and I was blown away by the performance - not just the acceleration (which was indeed ludicrous), but also the handling, braking ... everything.

Last edited by Manifold; 12-02-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM