Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 12:30 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 166 Posts

If i paid 100k ADM i would be salty too . I have confirmed from dealer 4th on list with 25k ADM but it's a dealer that sold me my current 992 Turbo at MSRP. The deal also involves my trade at slightly above MSRP but they will do deal even without trade if that was my preference but would be helping them if i did do trade. I will probably do Euro Delivery. Dealer is honest and bought cars from them before plus i spoke to GM.

I also sent them my build code and they asked for deposit. I expect to get allocation sometime next year. 25K ADM is reasonable and i can live with that but 50/75/100k ADM on principle is a non-starter for me. I have no issue with anyone paying those ADMs but for me that is not something i would do. Let's be honest, no one paying for a 200k + car is hurting for money and don't care what someone else makes. My only gripe is with flippers that build a flipper spec with awful options and list 75k over. That awful flipper spec could have gone to someone else that would have driven the car.
The following 2 users liked this post by Engro:
Ascend (12-07-2022), WCGhost (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 01:06 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 317 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
c’mon… with 180 mo loans, you really just need to make $75k / year to get a GT3
Thats what I hope to do for a CGT. My dream car.
Old 12-07-2022, 02:13 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
500k is not enough to spend 300k on a car. Id say at least 1Mil pre tax to be able to spend 300k on a car.
Just depends on everything else, state you live in, no kids, no wife, no ex, no mortgage, inheritance, retirement savings, anything else gaining equity, etc. Following Sam's (Beverly Hills BMW) IG you can see when he was getting a lot of GT3s who he was selling to as he tagged them often in their delivery videos. Some of these people had some short term windfalls that didn't seem like recurring income. Someone who made some money on NFTs bought one, and it was probably a good idea to spend some money on a GT car instead of more NFT inventory since that has plummeted in value. Age is also a big factor, if you are 28 and making $500K with no kids and no other liabilities, it is not a big deal. If you are in your mid 40s and needing to think about college for your kids, everyone's situation will be different.

Last edited by WCGhost; 12-07-2022 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2022, 02:25 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Engro
If i paid 100k ADM i would be salty too . I have confirmed from dealer 4th on list with 25k ADM but it's a dealer that sold me my current 992 Turbo at MSRP. The deal also involves my trade at slightly above MSRP but they will do deal even without trade if that was my preference but would be helping them if i did do trade. I will probably do Euro Delivery. Dealer is honest and bought cars from them before plus i spoke to GM.

I also sent them my build code and they asked for deposit. I expect to get allocation sometime next year. 25K ADM is reasonable and i can live with that but 50/75/100k ADM on principle is a non-starter for me. I have no issue with anyone paying those ADMs but for me that is not something i would do. Let's be honest, no one paying for a 200k + car is hurting for money and don't care what someone else makes. My only gripe is with flippers that build a flipper spec with awful options and list 75k over. That awful flipper spec could have gone to someone else that would have driven the car.

Sometime next year? Hope that deposit was refundable...dealers have their allocations for my 23 fully and some got 1 MY24, so there may be a handful after but you should probably approach your dealer for a contingency plan JUST in case. If you were talking about a gt4 rs you'd have a shot at 24 if you had done the same deal but for the 4rs instead of 3.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:45 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Sometime next year? Hope that deposit was refundable...dealers have their allocations for my 23 fully and some got 1 MY24, so there may be a handful after but you should probably approach your dealer for a contingency plan JUST in case. If you were talking about a gt4 rs you'd have a shot at 24 if you had done the same deal but for the 4rs instead of 3.
Deposit is only 5k and refundable.
in the event .1 is not available we have an agreement to roll the deal into .2
Old 12-07-2022, 03:54 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
lol, if I was making 5-6 million a year, I wouldn't be wasting my time in threads like this, I'd just tell one my minions to get me the cars I want and not care about the prices. And I'd probably have a 30-car garage which would be full of cars. I suspect that the median income of guys in this thread is under 1 million, and many are probably under 500k (which is still a relatively high income compared to the general population).
If I made 5 to 6 million a year, I would actually have my minions troll Rennlist for all those who cannot afford an ADM ...

Oh wait, that actually might be happening here ....
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (12-07-2022), Orca911 (12-09-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 04:04 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Agreed.
And to your point, CJ essentially substantiated it earlier this week with his following post:

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I just got back from Stuttgart, one of our clients took Euro Delivery of his Dolomite GT3 and while we where doing the factory tour- watching them build cars...it was a total treat. I've been there 5 times now and it never gets old seeing those guys and gals put together our little dream cars.

They take away our phones inside but we got to see a GT Silver with neodyne Weissach wheels GT3RS, along with some Sport Classics (almost all of them gray) and some GTS America Roadsters, GT4RS, and some blind person who did an all-red interior on their Shark Blue Turbo Cab. Cup cars are getting churned out right now in anticipation of 2023 season- so the only 'increase' in production for GT cars is going to be replacing the ~100 cup cars that are being made between now and February. They run 2-3 shifts at the factory nonstop and the small suppliers for the small funky pieces of carbon, or the wiring harnesses, or the mag wheels etc tend to be the ones that create delays. They can generally build a good amount of engines but you guys have to understand that Porsche is a for profit company and they are making as many cars as they can, nonstop. They are not a hyped up watch company that is trying to artificially deflate the supply.

These winged things look great in all colors- having seen the white/green one at Quail event and the silver/gold wheels one in person, and the early makings of a black one on the line...anyone getting an allocation (who can actually drive/will actually track it) is going to be in for a fun experience. The wing is hilariously large in person.

to address total production and overlap etc...dealers were given the 'entire calendar year of GT allocations' already. so, anything beyond this current allocation batch is definitely a 2024 but also probably built in 2024. I have a psychopath (said lovingly) client who is waiting til 2024 because 'he really wants his car to be PTS'. Our store got a lot less than I'd hoped for, and in terms of GT3 production from our allocation of 2023's they made ~80-90% of them as 2022's or this year in 2022 vs what we are getting in 2023...that slack is not entirely getting taken up by the 3RS- but by the Dakar (2500 units WW), the GTS, the Turbo/S, and GT4RS (made on same line as 911).

if you have a car coming be grateful and if you don't- just do more trackdays with whatever you have in your garage right now.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 12-21-2022 at 06:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 07:23 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

I say ADMs aren't gonna come down much at all. Porsche trades 25% above its IPO price from two months ago. Ferrari is only down like 7% ytd, a great performance vs the index. LVMH is flat for the year, which this year is a phenomenal outcome.
Basically luxury goods totally continue to kill it with no signs of stress.
Mom and pop might hurt a bit and they'll decide not to borrow against the equity of their $400k house and trim expenses but they weren't gonna buy a GT3 anyway.

Also I'm gonna send my kids to Food Manager school instead of college.

shrimp money (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 07:26 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
Thats what I hope to do for a CGT. My dream car.
Have you driven one? Sometimes the experience of a thing is not as good as we imagined it would be (but sometimes it's better!).
Old 12-07-2022, 07:31 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/07/used...ord-highs.html
Old 12-07-2022, 07:46 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

I wonder how many 992 GT3s are included in those Manheim stats. I would guess near zero.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:13 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Engro
Deposit is only 5k and refundable.
in the event .1 is not available we have an agreement to roll the deal into .2

that's the ticket, that def works then!
Old 12-07-2022, 08:15 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Have you driven one? Sometimes the experience of a thing is not as good as we imagined it would be (but sometimes it's better!).

Its better in this case...way better...
Old 12-07-2022, 08:51 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 317 Likes on 179 Posts

I saw it once at a porsche dealership. Once I saw it, it was just a CGT and overpriced beetles in that showroom.
TheBestest (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 08:55 PM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

having owned one, I can tell you the experience was exciting but extremely nerve-racking! I wish I owned one in my collection but not as something I would want to drive very often....
Manifold (12-07-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM