Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 04:10 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
These cars have really wound some people up.
Some are probably upset because they feel they may have overpaid for a car and/or don’t like the car as much as they expected. Others are upset because they can’t currently get a particular car at a price they’re willing to pay.
Which begs the question.... which one describes you?
You've posted 89X here and 60X this month alone. Sure sounds like you're upset about something.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:32 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

These cars have really wound some people up. Some are probably upset because they feel they may have overpaid for a car and/or don’t like the car as much as they expected. Others are upset because they can’t currently get a particular car at a price they’re willing to pay.
I get it, I'm not willing to pay over $1m for a CGT no matter how much I want the car and yes I kick myself in the pants for not buying a driver for $700k back in Nov 2020 but life goes on and either the price will come to me or it won't.
The following users liked this post:
Ascend (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 06:28 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,033 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I don't get it...aren't the folks that paid big ADMs for their GT3s did so with eyes wide open and deep pockets? So if that's the case then why do they get so bent out of shape when there are people that talk about the ADMs coming down (which they are)? It's just a car, it's not an investment, and once it's paid for should be treated as a sunk cost that generates smiles and happiness. I couldn't be any happier that speculators/flippers, especially stealers, are going to lose money on their speculation. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Unfortunately there are some people on here who think that if someone isn't willing to pay an ADM that they can't afford the car....wrong, some of us place values on cars and if current sales prices are above what we value the cars at we don't buy them.
because they need to justify their behavior
" I paid 75 k ADM for GT3 and every person on RL paid same or more , oh well I did well "
or
" I paid 75 k ADM for GT3 and other people are paying 25 k ADM , oh well I got screwed "
The following 2 users liked this post by pitt911:
usctrojanGT3 (11-28-2022), WCGhost (11-29-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 07:01 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

I get it, I'm not willing to pay over $1m for a CGT no matter how much I want the car and yes I kick myself in the pants for not buying a driver for $700k back in Nov 2020 but life goes on and either the price will come to me or it won't.
Thats a good attitude
usctrojanGT3 (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 08:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ascend
Thats a good attitude
If more people had patience and self control, we wouldn't see the stupid ADMs on GT cars but alas we live in a gotta have it now to show off society.
The following 4 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
Ascend (11-28-2022), azzurri (11-30-2022), WCGhost (11-29-2022), welikethetrack (11-29-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 10:03 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,348 Likes on 2,475 Posts

For me, diminishing returns on enjoyment start to kick in with these cars at a price of around $50-100K. I can't really imagine enjoying a car costing several hundred thousand dollars enough to justify spending that much, but I suppose I might not care about the value as much if you added a 0 to my net worth.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:05 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

For me, diminishing returns on enjoyment start to kick in with these cars at a price of around $50-100K. I can't really imagine enjoying a car costing several hundred thousand dollars enough to justify spending that much, but I suppose I might not care about the value as much if you added a 0 to my net worth.
Exactly, to some guys, driving a gt3 is like me driving a honda civic 😂😂😂
Old 11-29-2022, 01:22 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Very strong bid, and it looks like based on BAT sales, a touring , 6-speed, PTS has not really declined in price much at all. I think when others are discussing price drops, they should differentiate this as there is a widening margin between a car that is these 3 things (touring, 6-speed, PTS) and one that is not. Even a touring/6speed/ and non PTS, but non bland color will also catch a solid premium. I am actually surprised to see people trying to flip winged cars (BMW of Cleveland), because that market is getting a bit dicey with many cars sitting over 100 days. I reached out to a dealer who had a car in their show room and listed online since Jan 4, and they are still asking $120K over on a winged car, really makes you question at what point do you move on from a car if you are a dealer. It seems like many dealers can wait to see who blinks first. 325+ days of being listed is just insanity though.

Last edited by WCGhost; 11-29-2022 at 01:32 PM.
Freddie Two Bs (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 01:32 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,348 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Originally Posted by WCGhost
Very strong bid, and it looks like based on BAT sales, a touring , 6-speed, PTS has not really declined in price much at all. I think when others are discussing price drops, they should differentiate this as there is a widening margin between a car that is these 3 things (touring, 6-speed, PTS) and one that is not. Even a touring/6speed/ and non PTS, but non bland color will also catch a solid premium. I am actually surprised to see people trying to flip winged cars (BMW of Cleveland), because that market is getting a bit dicey with may cars sitting over 100 days. I reached out to a dealer who had a car in their show room and listed online since Jan 4, and they are still asking $120K over on a winged car, really makes you question at what point do you move on from a car if you are a dealer. It seems like many dealers can wait to see who blinks first. 325+ days of being listed is just insanity though.
If they paid too much for the car, they be holding out in hope of not taking a loss on the car.

The pricing on the wingless manual 992 GT3 cars is interesting. Seems like some people imagine it will make them happy as an engaging road car, so they're willing to fork over big dollars to get it. But I see the prices eventually coming down on those also, as with all non-collectors cars.
Old 11-29-2022, 02:03 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

If they paid too much for the car, they be holding out in hope of not taking a loss on the car.

The pricing on the wingless manual 992 GT3 cars is interesting. Seems like some people imagine it will make them happy as an engaging road car, so they're willing to fork over big dollars to get it. But I see the prices eventually coming down on those also, as with all non-collectors cars.
At what point do higher interest rates on flooring loan programs add up and/or the flooring lender comes at them with a margin call that will force the dealers to move on and take the loss?
Manifold (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 02:07 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WCGhost
Very strong bid, and it looks like based on BAT sales, a touring , 6-speed, PTS has not really declined in price much at all. I think when others are discussing price drops, they should differentiate this as there is a widening margin between a car that is these 3 things (touring, 6-speed, PTS) and one that is not. Even a touring/6speed/ and non PTS, but non bland color will also catch a solid premium. I am actually surprised to see people trying to flip winged cars (BMW of Cleveland), because that market is getting a bit dicey with many cars sitting over 100 days. I reached out to a dealer who had a car in their show room and listed online since Jan 4, and they are still asking $120K over on a winged car, really makes you question at what point do you move on from a car if you are a dealer. It seems like many dealers can wait to see who blinks first. 325+ days of being listed is just insanity though.
Bunch of morons over there, they'll chase the market down. I bet the SM or GM doesn't want to realize the loss as it might have some consequences for them because they can't be that stupid, stubborn yes.
Manifold (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 02:24 PM
Licensed2bill
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Got an allocation

I got an allocation for a buildable winged car. My dealer says they are a "market price" dealer, which today is $50k ADM. But if market drops between now and the delivery date the ADM would adjust accordingly. If at the end of the day the car comes in and the ADM is over what I'm willing to pay they are happy to cancel my order and put it on the showroom floor for sale. Sound reasonable?
WCGhost (11-30-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 02:40 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Bunch of morons over there, they'll chase the market down. I bet the SM or GM doesn't want to realize the loss as it might have some consequences for them because they can't be that stupid, stubborn yes.
Take BAT result with a grain of salt
RUF RS (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 02:41 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,033 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Licensed2bill
I got an allocation for a buildable winged car. My dealer says they are a "market price" dealer, which today is $50k ADM. But if market drops between now and the delivery date the ADM would adjust accordingly. If at the end of the day the car comes in and the ADM is over what I'm willing to pay they are happy to cancel my order and put it on the showroom floor for sale. Sound reasonable?
no , because no one can assess accurately the ADM at the time of car arrival .they are hoping that you cave in when you see the car and pay the 50 K ADM
I will agree to a lower ADM that is fixed
azzurri (11-30-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 02:43 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Licensed2bill
That seems fairly reasonable to me, I say go for it. How will they determine what the "market price" is for the car when it comes in?
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
azzurri (11-30-2022), welikethetrack (11-29-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM