Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 01:14 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,230 Likes on 706 Posts
Default Roger Penske Brings the Hammer Down on ADM

Porsche North Scottsdale and other Penske stores were marking up and selling Porsche's (and other brands) above sticker right beneath Penske's nose. Mr. Penske has banished all his stores in North Scottsdale from marking up their vehicles. The Porsche store got in trouble. The salesmen at this store are pissed off and have been going to neighboring lots to whine and complain about this new rule. This was long overdue.

Bravo and thank you to Roger Penske and Porsche for stopping this madness. I've developed a hatred for the brand due to unacceptable dealership behavior and experiences both on the Sale and Service side. Still nowhere close to what it used to be, especially service. This definitely heals some wounds and what needs to come next is stopping the sales side of things of robbing the service side of Porsche loaner vehicles. Coming in with a Porsche, let alone a 200k+ 911 and getting a Honda HRV (for a $20 charge) is nothing more than an insult. Hope this comes next.

The greedy, smug and condescending attitude was far too in your face when the same attitude was expressed by the sales team behind closed doors. Keep it behind closed doors. Going next door to complain to other dealers is pathetic. Time to clean house some more.
The following users liked this post:
Freddie Two Bs (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 02:24 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Porsche North Scottsdale and other Penske stores were marking up and selling Porsche's (and other brands) above sticker right beneath Penske's nose. Mr. Penske has banished all his stores in North Scottsdale from marking up their vehicles. The Porsche store got in trouble. The salesmen at this store are pissed off and have been going to neighboring lots to whine and complain about this new rule. This was long overdue.

Bravo and thank you to Roger Penske and Porsche for stopping this madness. I've developed a hatred for the brand due to unacceptable dealership behavior and experiences both on the Sale and Service side. Still nowhere close to what it used to be, especially service. This definitely heals some wounds and what needs to come next is stopping the sales side of things of robbing the service side of Porsche loaner vehicles. Coming in with a Porsche, let alone a 200k+ 911 and getting a Honda HRV (for a $20 charge) is nothing more than an insult. Hope this comes next.

The greedy, smug and condescending attitude was far too in your face when the same attitude was expressed by the sales team behind closed doors. Keep it behind closed doors. Going next door to complain to other dealers is pathetic. Time to clean house some more.
is this for real? I hey had every sing car in the showroom marked up 50-100k a few weeks back.
MiamiAnimalDoc (07-13-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 02:39 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
is this for real? I hey had every sing car in the showroom marked up 50-100k a few weeks back.
Yes, I made a thread about it an it got merged here.

I've got close friends that work in that complex at other stores and was informed about all of this last night. They're absolutely livid and threatening to quit (as if).

What further concretes this story is that a friend of mine who is a total noob to cars (and a cheap ***) is shopping for a Cayenne. He mentioned checking out some cars and talking to a salesman at P North Scottsdale. I immediately told him about the games they play. He told me that the salesman said they no longer do that. I disregarded his statement and told him to look elsewhere. This conversation took place 3 nights ago. Low and behold last night over a beer my friends at Penske Auto Mall informed me of this latest news.

Oh, and a little OT: One of their salesmen there was arrested about a year ago on kiddie p0rn charges.

Last edited by 911dude41; 07-10-2022 at 02:40 AM.
Old 07-10-2022, 02:41 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

So disgusted that he’s going to return the ADMs paid?
Old 07-10-2022, 02:44 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Right? They've been well acquainted to living the wolf of wall street lifestyle. They're having withdrawals like somebody taking a child's halloween candy away.
AlexCeres (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 02:58 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Pics or it didn’t happen
Old 07-10-2022, 03:06 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Also, to touch back up on this.. As if he "didn't know" what they were doing. However, a step in the right direction and I personally couldn't be anymore thankful.

Now, hopefully. Maaaaaybe I'll finally buy a 911 in my own state. 5th times the charm?

Watch from 0:11-0:37. God damn this movie was ahead of it's time.

mattw1093 (07-13-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 09:54 AM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Dealer in the south suburbs is charging 10k adm on every order, wish we could report items like this and get them taken care of , absolutely ridiculous
Old 07-10-2022, 11:55 AM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

I'd like to believe that Roger Penske suddenly discovered his dealers were charging outrageous ADMs and was shocked, shocked, that it was going on. But seems more likely that they think the macro economic conditions have changed and the party is soon coming to an end. So they 'announce' they're backing off of markups to draw some people back in that might've been driven away before.

Penske has dealers all over the country so I'll believe it when I see it. I find it hard to believe that they're gonna miss out on GT4RS and GT3RS markups going forward. Maybe they'll just magnanimously pull back on markups for non GT Porsches. Maybe I'll call Tyson's and Chantilly and see what they say.
The following 3 users liked this post by G.Irish:
AlexCeres (07-10-2022), chance6 (07-11-2022), Freddie Two Bs (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 12:47 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 369 Posts

Those are marketing tricks gents. What Mr. Penske needs to do is round up all his crooked dealer GMs and give them the proverbial ‘walk the plank’ treatment for fostering such terrible behavior towards customers. More than the ADM which I clearly didn’t mind paying on my first GT car is the Sh…..y treatment which stems from an entitled culture. When you’re buying a car, any car, let alone a $150k+ sports car, one shouldn’t feel like a second class citizen walking into a dealership. Which is essentially the treatment you get, for the most part. There are exceptions of course, but the norm is the aforementioned.

I won’t do business with any of my ‘in state’ Porsche dealers anymore due to this kind of treatment, last 3 new Porsches have all come from out of state dealers, including Penske owned, so you have a bit of everything out there.
Old 07-10-2022, 01:53 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Yes, I made a thread about it an it got merged here.

I've got close friends that work in that complex at other stores and was informed about all of this last night. They're absolutely livid and threatening to quit (as if).

What further concretes this story is that a friend of mine who is a total noob to cars (and a cheap ***) is shopping for a Cayenne. He mentioned checking out some cars and talking to a salesman at P North Scottsdale. I immediately told him about the games they play. He told me that the salesman said they no longer do that. I disregarded his statement and told him to look elsewhere. This conversation took place 3 nights ago. Low and behold last night over a beer my friends at Penske Auto Mall informed me of this latest news.

Oh, and a little OT: One of their salesmen there was arrested about a year ago on kiddie p0rn charges.
If Penske did indeed bring down the hammer, good for him. They sued to sell with no adm. then recently everything was marked up. If they return to normal, good for them.
Old 07-10-2022, 03:46 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Originally Posted by JAB12
Those are marketing tricks gents. What Mr. Penske needs to do is round up all his crooked dealer GMs and give them the proverbial ‘walk the plank’ treatment for fostering such terrible behavior towards customers. More than the ADM which I clearly didn’t mind paying on my first GT car is the Sh…..y treatment which stems from an entitled culture. When you’re buying a car, any car, let alone a $150k+ sports car, one shouldn’t feel like a second class citizen walking into a dealership. Which is essentially the treatment you get, for the most part. There are exceptions of course, but the norm is the aforementioned.

I won’t do business with any of my ‘in state’ Porsche dealers anymore due to this kind of treatment, last 3 new Porsches have all come from out of state dealers, including Penske owned, so you have a bit of everything out there.
I find comfort in your posts knowing I'm not the only one who experienced exactly what you posted, sadly. The scumbag treatment is written all over their faces. How can one make a deal with salesman when they're giving you the stink face? There are a couple of memorable faces that I'd love to sock at my local dealers and one sales manager who transferred over from Chandler which is nothing more than a door mat and stepping stone of a dealer for their employees who use that store to build their resume and move on somewhere else.

4 991's purchased in 4 years. CT, AL, NV, and CA. None at home.

When Penske shows up to his lots, every employee is on high alert with their butt's clenched.
Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
If Penske did indeed bring down the hammer, good for him. They sued to sell with no adm. then recently everything was marked up. If they return to normal, good for them.
Big IF, then yes indeed good for them. Even though it doesn't guarantee an allocation, it at least evens the playing field somewhat. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of other shenanigans going on to make up for this.

I checked their inventory and it appears that their pre-owned inventory has listings for cars above MSRP which seems to be where the ADM "losses" are being made up. I can live with that for the time being.

Last edited by 911dude41; 07-10-2022 at 03:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 911dude41:
chance6 (07-10-2022), JAB12 (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 06:21 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Underwood
Has anyone else asked for their deposit back? I put a small one down for a gt3 and I’m getting a little annoyed at the situation.

since day one since accepting my deposit they basically have said - nope - no allocations available! and now I see the same dealer has a new one in their inventory with an absolutely fugly spec.

I get that adms are a thing and a dealership is a business - but taking a deposit and not being transparent about the situation is just a ****ty business practice.

at least say “hey - the market is good and we can’t offer you the car you put a deposit on - would you like your deposit back or be on another list?” Right now it feels like they are waiting for me to forget that I put down the deposit so they can just keep it.
You CAN and SHOULD get the deposit back if (1) you get the vibe that nothing will ever move, i.e. you'll never get an allocation and/or (2) you're treated like a substandard human when exploring their dealership. f** them.
I recently let loose on a sales manager who wanted $75k ADM on a Turbo S. I said "this is as far as I'm willing to go", and left it at that. Absolutely insane bs.

Meanwhile I had a similar situation a few months ago where they had a GT3 in inventory and wanted $125k ADM for it. I was on a list for an allocation.

If you're trading in, make sure you get fair market for that trade if you're paying any ADM at all!
Old 07-10-2022, 07:00 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,791 Likes on 725 Posts

Old 07-10-2022, 07:25 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 369 Posts

^^^^ Staring at Bumblebee in the background made these 15mins less painful to watch. +1 on the opinion about said dealership. Other than that, just thankful for the small circle of friends I keep. 🤐

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM