Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 12:47 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787

It’s got the classic rennlist must have or it’s worthless LWB and ceramics I mean this 992 market has fallen off a cliff. Sticker allocations incoming in 3,2,1…

also 150 for sale 992 Gt3….wow these dealers are taking baths now

Old 10-12-2022, 12:59 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack

It’s got the classic rennlist must have or it’s worthless LWB and ceramics I mean this 992 market has fallen off a cliff. Sticker allocations incoming in 3,2,1…

also 150 for sale 992 Gt3….wow these dealers are taking baths now
hyperbole much?

Let’s see, they were selling at $100k over and now they are selling for $70-$80k over… makes sense now that 4RS / 3RS and economy is ****ty, but that’s not falling off a cliff, that’s actually pretty good

BAT has a blue winged 6mt / sofa / PCCB car with 2 days left at about $70k+ over MSRP.
Old 10-12-2022, 01:00 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 369 Posts

@welikethetrack the offer was made by a visiting customer, not by the storage manager. Also, who said anything about paying massive ADM? As I said, different strokes for different folks. I don't get why some in here campaign so hardly against ADM as if everyone should be measured by the same set of circumstances. That is just dumb IMO, same as for you and others it is dumb to pay ADM. I look at my little stable collectively, not individually, so that whatever was paid as ADM got diluted within the massive valuation in the last 24 months of all the other ponies in the Barn, not to mention that my preceding 2x 992s were both sold at high premiums over msrp, and I'll never call those folks dumb either. The market is not a straight line and there is no procedures manual for it. And thanks for reigniting this thread. When we do see 100s and 100s of 992 GT cars being sold at or under msrp, then maybe we can start a new thread titled " A place to discuss all things discount", and draft the sequel to this movie script that is now 166 webpages long. We can split the profits when the studios pick it up.

Now let me quietly enjoy the suffering of the elongated break in period and listen to the engine symphony high notes as we approach 9K in due course while at the same time lamenting miserably the ADM paid. I'll let you know how it feels then.
Old 10-12-2022, 01:10 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
hyperbole much?

Let’s see, they were selling at $100k over and now they are selling for $70-$80k over… makes sense now that 4RS / 3RS and economy is ****ty, but that’s not falling off a cliff, that’s actually pretty good

BAT has a blue winged 6mt / sofa / PCCB car with 2 days left at about $70k+ over MSRP.
you mean they were asking 100 over and not moving?

BAT is full of shill bids, everyone knows that. Or dealers propping up prices at the low low cost of 5k on the credit card and then a complaint to BAT for a refund because the car didn’t x,y,z.

if you believe that bat transaction is real, you are lost. The bid makes no sense, the couple bids before it were shills as well. Maybe do your own digging and come to a hypothesis

good luck to you delusional one’s, your the same people that pumped it up and the same reason why it’s falling off a cliff now. Sheer delusion
Old 10-12-2022, 01:27 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
winged, pdk, 18 way. Not a great build. 2000 miles.
+1, and it still fetched nearly $50K over sticker factoring buyer's premium - despite not being a great winged build, pdk, and stock color.

Market may be softening (a good thing the way I see it given the antics/dynamics we've seen over the last 18 months) but sky isn't falling.
Old 10-12-2022, 02:34 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

BAT is full of shill bids, everyone knows that. Or dealers propping up prices at the low low cost of 5k on the credit card and then a complaint to BAT for a refund because the car didn’t x,y,z.

if you believe that bat transaction is real, you are lost. The bid makes no sense, the couple bids before it were shills as well. Maybe do your own digging and come to a hypothesis

good luck to you delusional one’s, your the same people that pumped it up and the same reason why it’s falling off a cliff now. Sheer delusion
I believe 99% of BAT bids are legit, if it weren’t people would not waste their time there. If you have evidence contrary to that please share instead of calling me delusional.

There are 4 local dealers to me and have contacts at each that have told me what people are buying buildable slots and used GT cars. I don’t need a hypothesis like you because I have actual facts.

Sounds like you are emotionally damaged? Where’s your GT3 since the market has fallen off a cliff, seems like a good time to buy, no? I have one on order at MSRP, TYD says next month delivery, yay. Not delusional, just a realist

Last edited by WenigerAberBeser; 10-12-2022 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:46 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
If you wait a year, you won't be able to build your own car. Not a dot1 at least. For some people, myself included, the ability to PTS color and spec my own car to the last detail was worth the price of admission, (and the wait) especially being a first time GT car buyer. For anything in the future, you can bet your best lap time that I am not paying ADM ever again. However, you can't tell a man what to do with his money or when/where to spend it. I don't agree with that. For a lot of people a $300K car ADM included is less than a rounding error. My attorney has cases where he makes that in a week and the guy drives a base Panamera, go figure. Different strokes for different folks.
Then wait more than a year, surely you have something else nice to drive until then. I just got a nice new AMG, no ADM.

Or if you’re rich and don’t care about overpaying for things, why even post in this thread?
Old 10-12-2022, 04:03 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Then wait more than a year, surely you have something else nice to drive until then. I just got a nice new AMG, no ADM.
Depending on the AMG model, you'll probably lose as much on resale as you would if you had paid for an ADM on a GT3 on resale.

Said more eloquently, the depreciation on the AMG is steeper than a comparable GT car, so any ADM paid on a GT would likely be recouped more, on a percentage basis, than the total purchase price of the AMG.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:07 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 369 Posts

Or if you’re rich and don’t care about overpaying for things, why even post in this thread?
So now we're not only telling folks what not to spend, we are also telling them how much they should wait. This thread cracks me up.. I don't know anything about modern day AMGs so I will stay on my pre merger/early post merger lane, those only have one way to keep going and that is up.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:13 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

ADM is for people too impatient to wait a year or so for the economy to weaken and supply chains to improve. The 'life is short' stuff is just rationalization for being impatient.
If and/or when the economy weakens, how is one so sure that people will still have the means and/or desire to still buy a GT car?

We are collectively, after all, the economy.

And why root for gloom and doom.

I mean, are you really rooting for people losing jobs and careers, so you can buy a GT car at MSRP or discount.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 10-12-2022 at 04:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JAB12 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 04:28 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,791 Likes on 725 Posts

haha. Here too? You’re on a roll
Old 10-12-2022, 04:36 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Depending on the AMG model, you'll probably lose as much on resale as you would if you had paid for an ADM on a GT3 on resale.

Said more eloquently, the depreciation on the AMG is steeper than a comparable GT car, so any ADM paid on a GT would likely be recouped more, on a percentage basis, than the total purchase price of the AMG.
Kind of irrelevant. Many Porsche non-GT cars will also see big depreciation, but people are still paying ADM on them. And some of us keep our cars for a long time and aren't worrying about resale, we'll get our use out of the cars by actually driving them (a strange concept for some Porsche owners).
welikethetrack (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 04:38 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAB12
So now we're not only telling folks what not to spend, we are also telling them how much they should wait. This thread cracks me up.. I don't know anything about modern day AMGs so I will stay on my pre merger/early post merger lane, those only have one way to keep going and that is up.
No one is making anyone doing anything. This is an ADM thread and we're discussing ADM. Do ADM guys just come here for validation that it's ok to pay ADM?
Old 10-12-2022, 04:40 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
If and/or when the economy weakens, how is one so sure that people will still have the means and/or desire to still buy a GT car?

We are collectively, after all, the economy.

And why root for gloom and doom.

I mean, are you really rooting for people losing jobs and careers, so you can buy a GT car at MSRP or discount.
I'm predicting economic decline, not rooting for it. But I'm positioned to take advantage of it - that buy low, sell high concept. Car prices have been in a bubble, and I predict that the bubble will burst. And I predict that those who overpaid will regret it.
welikethetrack (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 04:56 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,791 Likes on 725 Posts

No one is making anyone doing anything. This is an ADM thread and we're discussing ADM. Do ADM guys just come here for validation that it's ok to pay ADM?
we come here for the action. We got side bets going on. Each day there’s an over/under on how many times you, usc, and welike mention ADM’s and the gt market collapse. It’s entertaining and profitable. Keep it going. If there’s one constant, y’all don’t stop.

I'm predicting economic decline, not rooting for it. But I'm positioned to take advantage of it - that buy low, sell high concept. Car prices have been in a bubble, and I predict that the bubble will burst. And I predict that those who overpaid will regret it.
When you’re done with your palantír Saruman, pass it along. I’d like to know what the power ball numbers are going to be this week.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
Diablo Dude (10-12-2022), JAB12 (10-12-2022), Maverick787 (10-12-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM