Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2022 | 12:50 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooler2442
100% you can but just be ready for them to walk. Have a feeling the dealer will then call whoever they have on the lists now and see if someone is willing to step in at your agreed upon ADM. If they don't find anyone then they will come back to you and haggle.
this. They’ll have another buyer by the end of the day. If you don’t want the car, just tell them that. Keep your dignity.
Old 09-20-2022 | 12:58 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Originally Posted by fijibubba
It will cost you nothing to ask. You did sign a contract. Not sure how the ADM is written up in it but most dealers would likely hold you to the fire as customers relations is not on their radar these days.

When I ordered my 991.2 RS I paid my 10K ADM and a deposit when I placed my order. That’s what the sales manager requested in March of 19’.
I don’t think anyone signs a contract until the car has landed, and the dealer has been invoiced for the car by PCNA. Theoretically, they could sell it to anyone besides you if they wanted to be a jerk.
Old 09-20-2022 | 12:50 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I don’t think anyone signs a contract until the car has landed, and the dealer has been invoiced for the car by PCNA. Theoretically, they could sell it to anyone besides you if they wanted to be a jerk.
Huh?

Trust me, If you are paying an ADM you signed a contract with your dealer.
I signed one with my dealer when I got my allocation slot for a 2023 GT3 Touring.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 09-20-2022 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2022 | 12:56 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Deleted

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 09-20-2022 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-20-2022 | 02:45 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Huh?

Trust me, If you are paying an ADM you signed a contract with your dealer.
I signed one with my dealer when I got my allocation slot for a 2023 GT3 Touring.
Perhaps you did, but you did not have to.
The following users liked this post:
RUF RS (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 03:29 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Yeah absolutely tell them to pound sand and cut your ADM in half or better. TTS is a porker of a product for porsche and in bad times are the cars going for crazy discounts lol. I would tell them you'll pay sticker or walk. They're going to be greedy pigs with this ADM stuff, then *** em lol

In CA, they literally cannot charge you ADM or anything non refundable deposit until you take possession of the car.

Dealers power is deteriorating faster than I've probably ever seen right now, even faster than 2016 gt3rs prices in 2017 lol
The following 2 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
azzurri (09-22-2022), WCGhost (09-21-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 05:25 PM
gulfblu
Intermediate

The moment your allocation locked i am guessing you probably gave them a total deposit of 40K. Maybe less or more? You don't have any leverage to negotiate if you walked away from the purchase they could be entitled to keep your deposit money. You can ask maybe they will knock 5k off if they worked with you in past or want to work with you again in the future, make 5K in a 5 minute conversion or lose 5 minutes of your time. Go for it!
Diablo Dude (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 05:30 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by SOLGW_Mike
I agreed to an ADM on the 2023 992 TTS with an Oct 28, 2022 delivery date.

My question is has anybody ever renegotiated their purchase between ordering and delivery?
I'm 100% prepared to pay the agreed price. I want the car...and I signed the contract.
But, market conditions have changed quite a bit. The 2022 TTS cars I've been tracking have dropped $20k in the last month.
Interest rates have gone up significantly, too.

Is it unreasonable to ask the dealer if theyll adjust the markup?
If you have a deposit down you'll loose it. Don't play with fire. The dealer doesn't care about you, if your signed customer order has msrp plus the ADM on the total sale price of the car then that is it. If it only has the MSRP of the build you submitted then maybe you can negotiate a bit on the ADM but if you walk the car walks and so does whatever money you put down. ADM or not. Simple as that. There is no contract until the car is actually sold. A signed PO means only that you committed to buy and so did they to get you the car. If you back out, all bets are off. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2022 | 06:43 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

It is illegal to keep any kind of deposit on a car in California if you do not buy it no matter what you sign or the dealer tells you. You can play with all the fire you want here, you might just lose your ability to order from that dealer again without a valid excuse on why ur backing out, but you can play with fire all day .

Back outs are actually real common here in CA
The following 2 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
Freddie Two Bs (09-20-2022), WCGhost (09-21-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:57 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
It is illegal to keep any kind of deposit on a car in California if you do not buy it no matter what you sign or the dealer tells you. You can play with all the fire you want here, you might just lose your ability to order from that dealer again without a valid excuse on why ur backing out, but you can play with fire all day .

Back outs are actually real common here in CA
point to an actual law/rule that says a deposit is refundable even though the agreement you have with the dealer says it isn’t
JAB12 (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 09:13 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
point to an actual law/rule that says a deposit is refundable even though the agreement you have with the dealer says it isn’t
Universal Citation: CA Veh Code § 11736 (2021)

It is unlawful for any dealer licensed under this article to do any of the following when brokering a retail sale:

(a) Fail to execute a written brokering agreement, as described in Section 11738, and provide a completed copy to both of the following:

(1) Any consumer entering into the brokering agreement. The completed copy shall be provided prior to the consumer’s signing of an agreement for the purchase of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement or, prior to accepting one hundred dollars ($100) or more from that consumer, whichever occurs first.

(2) The selling dealer. The completed copy shall be provided prior to the selling dealer’s entering into a purchase agreement with the consumer.

(b) Accept a purchase deposit from any consumer that exceeds 2.5 percent of the selling price of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement.

(c) Fail to refund any purchase money, including purchase deposits, upon demand by a consumer at any time prior to the consumer’s signing of a vehicle purchase agreement with a selling dealer and taking delivery of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement.
The following 3 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
Freddie Two Bs (09-21-2022), Joe Cho (09-20-2022), WCGhost (09-21-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 09:37 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

It is unlawful for any dealer licensed under this article to do any of the following when brokering a retail sale:

(a) Fail to execute a written brokering agreement, as described in Section 11738, and provide a completed copy to both of the following:

(1) Any consumer entering into the brokering agreement. The completed copy shall be provided prior to the consumer’s signing of an agreement for the purchase of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement or, prior to accepting one hundred dollars ($100) or more from that consumer, whichever occurs first.

(2) The selling dealer. The completed copy shall be provided prior to the selling dealer’s entering into a purchase agreement with the consumer.

(b) Accept a purchase deposit from any consumer that exceeds 2.5 percent of the selling price of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement.

(c) Fail to refund any purchase money, including purchase deposits, upon demand by a consumer at any time prior to the consumer’s signing of a vehicle purchase agreement with a selling dealer and taking delivery of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement.
that link winds up going somewhere else and not to what you wrote here .
Old 09-20-2022 | 09:47 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

when you read the entire section and 11738 - you’ll determine that this applies to the situation where you are buying a car through an auto broker and not directly with the selling dealer . It’s the main reason why a selling dealer will pay a referral fee to brokers in California rather then execute an agreement with a broker and then to the ultimate end customer .

dealers and they’d lawyers aren’t so stupid to ask for deposits of more then 2.5% and state they are non refundable .
Old 09-20-2022 | 10:03 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Quick search on Quora for this question to clarify these potatoes on RL that maybe got take in the past lol: (Does everyone fight everything here?)

Every GM ever in CA has told me this exact same thing...

Please more rebuttals about the factual law????

Freddie Two Bs (09-21-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 10:12 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Quick search on Quora for this question to clarify these potatoes on RL that maybe got take in the past lol: (Does everyone fight everything here?)

Every GM ever in CA has told me this exact same thing...

Please more rebuttals about the factual law????

you’re linking to some internet lawyer who someone probably paid $50 to get an answer .

people read what they want to read . Practically speaking dealers will refund but legally whether they have to , when they have to , how much they have to is an entirely different thing .

high end cars have deposits in the $500k range …. Those types (and I’m one of them ) go through proper channnels to understand how it works and don’t rely on quorum postings and googling .

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM