992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022 | 06:11 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Not persuaded the 3rs is significantly under priced. it’s just shy of $250, which gets you a new artura or a used 720. The 720 will be faster on a lot of tracks. It’s not quite 296 money but close. It’s a serious track car but its best features are irrelevant on public roads. And it doesn’t compete with a cup car. So there’s a much narrower range of customers beyond flippers than your regular gt3. It might be a little under priced. But a lot of track folks are nope’ing out because the adm situation is just absurd. It’s not clear to me the market will actually support the prices being asked.
Old 09-28-2022 | 07:34 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Thumbs up

Porsche takes TOP SPOT for highest LOYALTY SCORE for Premium Car Brands by J.D. Power with a score of 57.4%
  • Genesis came in second among premium car brands with 54.6 percent loyalty.
  • BMW and Lexus topped the luxury SUV rankings, with 58.6 and 56.4 percent loyalty ratings, respectively.
  • Toyota came out on top among both mass-market cars and mass-market SUVs and second among truck brands behind Ford.
This is the fourth year for J.D. Power’s Automotive Brand Loyalty Study. The organization uses data from only new-vehicle franchised dealers, and it rates loyalty based on the number of buyers trading in an existing same-brand vehicle at the time of purchase. J.D. Power redesigned the study in 2022 with new categories for premium cars, premium SUVs, mass-market cars, mass-market SUVs, and trucks.

J.D. Power Brand Loyalty Study shows we go with what we know (yahoo.com)

Old 09-28-2022 | 08:39 PM
Peruna
Racer

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Porsche is pulling in some of the Flip dollars. My buddy is an executive at Porsche and some were pushing for much more, but marketing teams pushed back. Many comments on this board have said the car is under priced, asked and you shall receive. Porsche does read this board it’s free research.
It's actually not that dumb of an idea. ADMs go down, MSRPs go up, potentially less buyer's remorse for those who paid the super high ADMs. Could help with brand loyalty.
Old 09-28-2022 | 09:11 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Porsche is pulling in some of the Flip dollars. My buddy is an executive at Porsche and some were pushing for much more, but marketing teams pushed back.

Many comments on this board have said the car is under priced, asked and you shall receive. Porsche does read this board it’s free research.
Yup, totally, and not the only brand to do so. Remember what a GTR used to cost when it was launched vs what it is now? Public msg boards to rags stating the 'great value' and it is underpriced. Nissan has been quick to respond. Similarly for other popular models (e.g. RS6 MSRP has gone up by $10K in 18 month)
Old 09-28-2022 | 10:35 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

For the sake of this discussion, hopefully Floridians didn’t lose too many 911s in the hurricane. I’m sure everyone has seen the P1 from Naples floating in the garage and out to the street by now.
The following users liked this post:
Peruna (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022 | 11:01 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Awful god bless all. Lots of friends in FL and health is number one. 🙏🏾
Peruna (09-28-2022)
Old 09-29-2022 | 12:45 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
Not persuaded the 3rs is significantly under priced. it’s just shy of $250, which gets you a new artura or a used 720. The 720 will be faster on a lot of tracks. It’s not quite 296 money but close. It’s a serious track car but its best features are irrelevant on public roads. And it doesn’t compete with a cup car. So there’s a much narrower range of customers beyond flippers than your regular gt3. It might be a little under priced. But a lot of track folks are nope’ing out because the adm situation is just absurd. It’s not clear to me the market will actually support the prices being asked.
The ADM on the GT3RS will come down fast as there is a limited buyer pool for the car unlike the Touring which is very appealing for lots of potential buyers.
welikethetrack (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022 | 10:06 AM
azzurri
Racer

Porsche is pulling in some of the Flip dollars. My buddy is an executive at Porsche and some were pushing for much more, but marketing teams pushed back. Many comments on this board have said the car is under priced, asked and you shall receive. Porsche does read this board it’s free research.
Yes indeed. The worst way to shoot ourselves in the foot by endorsing all of these thoughts about ADMs. They must eat it up and love the acceptance.
Old 09-29-2022 | 01:37 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by azzurri
Yes indeed. The worst way to shoot ourselves in the foot by endorsing all of these thoughts about ADMs. They must eat it up and love the acceptance.
Not to be missed is the fact that the MSRP for the MY2023 increased a hefty $8,600 over MY 2022.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the sticker price of the GT3 going forward, especially since Germany will be facing all kinds of difficult economic issues next year.
Even if Europe can avoid a nat-gas crunch that shrinks the continent's economy by as much as 5%, the euro-area is still on track to spend next year suffering its third biggest contraction since WW-2.- - - With Germany suffering the most.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 09-29-2022 at 01:45 PM.
azzurri (10-03-2022)
Old 09-29-2022 | 03:01 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Not to be missed is the fact that the MSRP for the MY2023 increased a hefty $8,600 over MY 2022.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the sticker price of the GT3 going forward, especially since Germany will be facing all kinds of difficult economic issues next year.
Even if Europe can avoid a nat-gas crunch that shrinks the continent's economy by as much as 5%, the euro-area is still on track to spend next year suffering its third biggest contraction since WW-2.- - - With Germany suffering the most.
…and USD appreciating versus EUR should also increase revenue for PAG. Hopefully that will translate into more allocations sent to this side of the Atlantic.
The following 2 users liked this post by GTTROIS:
Diablo Dude (09-30-2022), Freddie Two Bs (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022 | 03:03 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Yup, it’s like having dinner next to your soon to be ex wife lawyer saying how much money you have hidden, and not knowing he’s there. Guess what you’re fu$@ed. My buddy at Porsche they laugh over this stuff around pricing and how valuable people think the car is.
The following 2 users liked this post by Maverick787:
azzurri (10-03-2022), usctrojanGT3 (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022 | 03:06 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Yup, it’s like having dinner next to your soon to be ex wife lawyer saying how much money you have hidden, and not knowing he’s there. Guess what you’re fu$@ed. My buddy at Porsche they laugh over this stuff around pricing and how valuable people think the car is.
Instead of laughing, they’d rather ship more f$&@ing cars over here. That would make it easier for us, regular plebeians.
Freddie Two Bs (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022 | 03:22 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
…and USD appreciating versus EUR should also increase revenue for PAG. Hopefully that will translate into more allocations sent to this side of the Atlantic.
Originally Posted by GTTROIS
Instead of laughing, they’d rather ship more f$&@ing cars over here. That would make it easier for us, regular plebeians.
The problem is -- well, not problem per se, but quandary for everyone -- is that GT cars don't return the same margin of profit as say a Macan or Cayenne, so there's no real motivation to increase production of GT cars as doing so would not maximize PAG's profit margins, especially in light of the upcoming IPO.
Old 09-29-2022 | 03:35 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The problem is -- well, not problem per se, but quandary for everyone -- is that GT cars don't return the same margin of profit as say a Macan or Cayenne, so there's no real motivation to increase production of GT cars as doing so would not maximize PAG's profit margins, especially in light of the upcoming IPO.
Yes, spot on and many don’t believe they do have a factory constraint. Porsche was never built to be high volume, and volume drives labor, tooling, facilities. Just because you make more widgets doesn’t mean you make more margin. Not defending them, but when I chat with my neighbor he says they can barely keep up now, and that’s why you’re seeing some QC issues. There’s always a tipping point to margin and they may very well be there. Make more make less, not a good financial model.
Old 09-29-2022 | 03:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Hopefully anyone that paid a big ADM will learn their lesson like I did but alas history tends to repeat itself.
azzurri (10-03-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM