Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 04:43 PM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJB
This! Boost Logic full Titanium catless. I finally found the exhaust I've been looking for.

I look forward to more miles as the system fully breaks in the titanium turns those nice colors.

I'll post another impression after more miles as well as some drive/fly by videos.

So far, I'm a huge fan.
I heard one of these on a local stage 4 car and it was loud!!
Doesn't sound too loud on the videos you posted but in person, it was on the aggressive side but sounded very nice.
If it wouldn't tick off my neighbors, I'd probably consider something like this.
The following users liked this post:
MotoJB (04-25-2021)
Old 04-25-2021, 05:17 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Received 593 Likes on 333 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vrybad
I heard one of these on a local stage 4 car and it was loud!!
Doesn't sound too loud on the videos you posted but in person, it was on the aggressive side but sounded very nice.
If it wouldn't tick off my neighbors, I'd probably consider something like this.
I like it loud and proud. This system is actually quieter than other setups I've run and several of my neighbors are car guys and don't mind at all.

They also have high flow cat options, which would quiet the system down for those that don't want it as loud as I do.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:04 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Bought her a stable mate. Like new 2017 X5M.

Didn't intend to end up with 3 white over red cars but hey, it's my wife's favorite color scheme...so there's that.

Last edited by MotoJB; 04-25-2021 at 06:06 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by MotoJB:
Bluemax2 (04-26-2021), Redlinerobert (04-27-2021), Road King (04-28-2021), rodsky (04-25-2021)
Old 04-25-2021, 06:23 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Moto, that exhaust is pretty cool, sounds divine!

As far as the suv is concerned, has the same power in it as my M5, and, it too will prove to be addictive....

MotoJB (04-25-2021)
Old 04-25-2021, 08:07 PM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Did you see my vid? I had the front end up on drive up ramps. Deployed them several times using the button and they were working perfectly. Bladders Full and everything moved freely.

Under speed (75mph) and / or sitting still and using the dial to turn it "sport plus" it wasn't working, or even trying to start. So it has something to do with whatever triggers them at speed or using the sport plus dial.
I'm hoping it's just a hard code that need deleting with PIWIS or something.

Like said above, they were deploying perfectly using the button after code clear buy pulling the (+) side from battery for a few mins. to reset.
Once I drove it over 75 or tried to use the dial to put in "sport plus" it wouldn't even begin to deploy.
Sure did. Thing is - there is hardware to inflate the spoiler, pump, lines, bladder snd software to monitor its deployment. How can the deployment be monitored? Either a microswitch or else more likely imho - pressure monitoring ? So either the software and control modules are screwed up OR they're working ok and when reaching 75mph, bladder pressure falls triggering the error latch. Once that latch is triggered you can't deploy at any speed without a battery disconnect reset. I think hardware problems more likely than software glitches so I still think most likely scenario is a pin hole leak in the bladder/ air supply system or a faulty pressure monitoring sensor. I think your focus on speed sensor is a red herring. Just my 2¢ ! 🤞

Last edited by Mercuriell; 04-25-2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:09 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Moto, that exhaust is pretty cool, sounds divine!

As far as the suv is concerned, has the same power in it as my M5, and, it too will prove to be addictive....

Thanks, I'm liking it.

Super impressed with the X5M. Of course I already have some Dinan bits on the way for it.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:28 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercuriell
Sure did. Thing is - there is hardware to inflate the spoiler, pump, lines, bladder snd software to monitor its deployment. How can the deployment be monitored? Either a microswitch or else more likely imho - pressure monitoring ? So either the software and control modules are screwed up OR they're working ok and when reaching 75mph, bladder pressure falls triggering the error latch. Once that latch is triggered you can't deploy at any speed without a battery disconnect reset. I think hardware problems more likely than software glitches so I still think most likely scenario is a pin hole leak in the bladder/ air supply system or a faulty pressure monitoring sensor. I think your focus on speed sensor is a red herring. Just my 2¢ ! 🤞

I'm sure you're WAY smarter than me about stuff like this (Being totally serious), however, how can I drive 40 miles at UNDER the 78 mph threshold and deploy them PERFECTLY Multiple times (in / out / in / out) in EVERY mode (including automatically with the dial by closing Sport Plus) and NEVER throw a code or cause an issue at all????

Then after 40+ miles of staying under 78 mph, using my Cruise Control to go Just over the 77 mph mark to 78 and THEN All the sudden the msg. / code pops up??

Here's a long boring video of what happened when the Indy checked my DME with PIWIS.... Codes came RIGHT BACK while the car was sitting still running in the shop, after being cleared with PIWIS...Not even deployed and not being deployed and Not going 78 mph. Weird Stuff!!!

Last edited by Big Swole; 04-25-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:02 PM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I'm sure you're WAY smarter than me about stuff like this (Being totally serous), however, how can I drive 40 miles at UNDER the 78 mph threshold and deploy them PERFECTLY Multiple times (in / out / in / out) in EVERY mode (including automatically with the dial by closing Sport Plus) and NEVER throw a code or cause an issue at all????

Then after 40+ miles of staying under 78 mph, using my Cruise Control to go Just over the 77 mph mark to 78 and THEN All the sudden the msg. / code pops up??

Here's a long boring video of what happened when the Indy checked my DME with PIWIS.... Codes came RIGHT BACK while the car was sitting still running in the shop, after being cleared with PIWIS...Not even deployed and not being deployed and Not going 78 mph. Weird Stuff!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvQwat8_9QE
I'm darn sure Im no smarter than you 🤪 but my theory is that above 75 mph the pressure on the bladder from drag is enough to exceed the capability of the air supply to maintain required pressure OR there's a constant low pressure which only trips the alarm above speeds of 75mph. Just trying to think outside the box ... be nice if you could get it up on a ramp and spray soapy water on bladder and pressure lines and even better if you could get the front bumper off to get better access. Its an interesting problem even though its a major PIB for you! Ill try and find parts listing to see where the hardware runs ...
Big Swole (04-26-2021)
Old 04-25-2021, 10:25 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercuriell
I'm darn sure Im no smarter than you 🤪 but my theory is that above 75 mph the pressure on the bladder from drag is enough to exceed the capability of the air supply to maintain required pressure OR there's a constant low pressure which only trips the alarm above speeds of 75mph. Just trying to think outside the box ... be nice if you could get it up on a ramp and spray soapy water on bladder and pressure lines and even better if you could get the front bumper off to get better access. Its an interesting problem even though its a major PIB for you! Ill try and find parts listing to see where the hardware runs ...
I’m not trying to be rude at all but I find it hard to believe that it deploys fine at 77 and trips at exactly 78 repeatedly. To me that’s too much of a repeated fail denoting that’ something electronically is happening at 78. Just seems that way to me and I’m no expert.. The physical differences between 77 and 78 would not be significant enough to cause the failure (again repeatedly) - no?

Last edited by rodsky; 04-25-2021 at 10:36 PM.
Big Swole (04-26-2021)
Old 04-25-2021, 10:36 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
I’m not trying to be rude at all but I find it hard to believe that it deploys fine at 77 and trips at exactly 78 repeatedly. To me that’s too much of a repeated fail denoting that’ something electronically is happening at 78. Just seems that way to me and I’m no expert..
Does sound like a deployment switch. The mph reads on the cruise and on the spoiler. You have proven that. So it is telling it to deploy, but nothing happens. Hopefully, that is a simple relay type switch or a loose switch connection.

Good luck !
Big Swole (04-26-2021)
Old 04-25-2021, 10:58 PM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rodsky
I’m not trying to be rude at all but I find it hard to believe that it deploys fine at 77 and trips at exactly 78 repeatedly. To me that’s too much of a repeated fail denoting that’ something electronically is happening at 78. Just seems that way to me and I’m no expert.. The physical differences between 77 and 78 would not be significant enough to cause the failure (again repeatedly) - no?
Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Does sound like a deployment switch. The mph reads on the cruise and on the spoiler. You have proven that. So it is telling it to deploy, but nothing happens. Hopefully, that is a simple relay type switch or a loose switch connection.

Good luck !
I agree with you both - could be a low pressure condition though that only triggers the failure latch at a designated speed. I think error codes from an obd scan are needed here !

ps - see he's onto that ! https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post17390494

Last edited by Mercuriell; 04-25-2021 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:24 PM
heyitsfish
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

Just got the car back on Friday after a busy first two weeks of ownership. I added a Kline 76MM race exhaust, Tial intercoolers, BMC filter and some love from Sam (who is honestly one of the easiest people I have ever worked with) to get the 91 map dialed in. I am hoping to have some time to test out the 100 map here this weekend and trying to resist the urge to jump up to stage 4 (for now). I also added a set of .2 RS side skirts, some more efficient tint and had the stock wheels powder coated gloss black to provide some more contrast against the GT Silver exterior. The car has been a blast and I am looking forward to getting some more time behind the wheel to really enjoy it!

The following 3 users liked this post by heyitsfish:
Big Swole (04-26-2021), Bluemax2 (04-26-2021), MotoJB (04-27-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 05:39 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 3,062 Posts

That exhaust looks pretty good.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:06 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 961 Likes on 586 Posts

Cheers bud. Get us some vids!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Big Swole (04-26-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 06:07 PM
Bluemax2
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 105 Posts

We almost have twins in the Phoenix metro area. My friend ( D1al911 ) has a Cabriolet same as us in the same area.

heyitsfish (04-26-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?