Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 02:03 AM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Truly hate that you were offended. I’ve worked with awesome people from all areas across the world. Absolutely outstanding folks. Greatly respected.

The only thing that I have noticed (not that it matters since it’s only my observation) , different age groups react differently to different statements. I’ve had to learn (continually) and adapt.

I’m from “the older” age group. The swine flu originated here. If someone called it the USA Flu, the American Flu, or the Brown Hair Old White Tall Guy Flu (me) , it wouldn’t even get my attention. Much less be offended. So that takes some thought time on my part to try to understand.

But the last thing (would really bother me) is if I did something that hurt someone’s feelings. Not good. I run a very tight ship at my shop to make sure all the males and females are shown respect. I also monitor that as the atmosphere is constantly changing/evolving with the new generation (s) coming up.

The most intriguing situations always occur when the “older gen” employees complain that the “younger gen” employees doesn’t understand them and the “younger gen” employees complain that the “older gen” employees doesn’t understand them. Both gens want the other to change. Fun stuff.
Fire - First of, I genuinely appreciate your comments here. While i respect the different perspectives that come with age (i think we all have seen an evolution in how we think as we grow older), this has absolutely nothing to do with age. I'd expect that if you're older, the years of wisdom that age blesses you with ought to command a better disposition that has been earned through the years. Making silly veiled comments like that to me is more of an instance where I believe the internet and social media has made people too comfortable with being disrespectful and not getting punched in the mouth. I was born and raised in the midwest and things like this get handled differently in person.

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
I do not raise my voice in support of any racist statements, however, I raise my voice in support of free speech and common sense. What should we call Spanish flu? Was it racist? Seriously? C'mon.
Too much political correctness in our lives. I do not care what anybody calling anything.
Pops - I certainly can't/won't begrudge free speech as I exercised it earlier with my comments. Calling it the chinese flu isn't racist as you make some valid points about the spanish flu. As i highlighted in my screen shot, when his post signature says "China is the enemy of the free world and we should stop supporting them!" and follows up with calling it the "Chinese Flu" instead of COVID-19 or Coronavirus (what i actually believe the virus is actually and scientifically named), what my "common sense" sees is someone clearly has a problem with the Chinese and decided to take a passive aggressive approach and take a racial undertone by calling it the "chinese flu" instead of COVID or Coronavirus. That to me, actually IS RACIST and "political correctness" is not something to hide behind.

Originally Posted by Dennis C
We live in an odd time. Historically, diseases/viruses have been named after the place where they were discovered or assumed to have originated. The Spanish Flu was assumed to have originated in Spain, although there is some debate about that. Remember MERS? It was Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. Remember SARS? It was Southeast Asia Respiratory Syndrome. Are you familiar with Lyme Disease? It was discovered in Lyme, Connecticut.

I think that in the past, calling COVID-19 the “Chinese Flu” might have been more acceptable, given past naming conventions. That said, today’s society is ultra hyper sensitive to anything that appears to be racist or discriminatory. You just can’t say that stuff anymore, even if the intent isn’t malicious.

Personally, I hate all the PC stuff that’s happening right now. However, I try my best to avoid offending anyone, even if the reason that they’re offended eludes me.
I agree that it's waaaaaaaay too PC where we can't call a spade, a spade. As i highlighted earlier, I think it runs deeper than naming conventions for that particular gentleman but absolutely respect your position in trying our best not to offend anyone even if the reasons for folks to be offended eludes me. It's the decency that good people carry and cheers to you for having been raised better.

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
Yes Sir. I am with you on that. I just found the "racist" comments baseless. I should've refrained from commenting though
Pops - i don't begrudge you for commenting. This is a forum where we can share honest opinions. While I definitely don't agree with you in that the racist comments are actually baseless as I highlighted and mentioned above, no one is too old/young and certainly not too politically correct for decency.

Let me be clear here, I've dealt with plenty of racism and yes, while there is a heightened sensitivity during these weird times. My point is that as a forum, community, and individuals, we are all better than that. It's all about the love of a very specific car and that's what the point of this is. Let's leave the racial undertones, political beliefs out of this and conduct ourselves with decency and keep focused on what brings us all here. Now let's all PLEASE leave it here and get back to business?
The following 3 users liked this post by KONG991TT:
Dennis C (07-04-2020), Nanook (07-04-2020), rodsky (07-04-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 11:00 AM
3oaks
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Kong, what amazes me is that you would feel justified to “blow his head up” or “punch him in the mouth” because you felt insulted. If ever two wrongs don’t make a right it’s those statements. It seems now people think if they’re slighted or offended they are justified in anything they do. I would suggest that violence is rarely a way to better educate or change someone else’s opinion. All it does is polarize and we certainly have enough of that in this society. If I don’t agree with you or you offend me I don’t have a right to assault you. I do have an obligation to re educate you so you might have a different perspective after our exchange. Please consider. We’re all in this together.

Last edited by 3oaks; 07-04-2020 at 11:15 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 3oaks:
Big Swole (09-06-2020), Jim M. (07-04-2020), KONG991TT (07-04-2020), Steven31371 (07-04-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 01:00 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 170 Posts

Noted 3oaks - I agree with your conclusion that we are all in this together. Now let's get this back on track.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:04 PM
Steven31371
Pro

Received 301 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
i just swapped out my By-Design 68's for their XR's and gained 175hp. i'm a happy boy!

100+ Meth

nice

did you do a build thread?

im dropping mine off there tomorrow ...

were those numbers with race gas and meth?

did you do the Dodsen clutch?

thats close enough for horseshoes to 1100 HP at the crank lol...bonkers...have you driven it yet?
Old 07-04-2020, 01:07 PM
Steven31371
Pro

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Added some ricky racer stripes...didn't come out as I wanted.

They will redo them to look more like the pictures of the stripes on the Carrera below.

I know, not everyone's cup of tea but I kind-of like it...just changing it up. Will likely run them for a while and take them off.

looks really good
The following users liked this post:
MotoJB (07-04-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Steven31371
Pro

Originally Posted by Engro
Have you done any pulls ? (60-130, 1/4,1/2, etc). I am always a skeptic for dyno numbers without any empirical evidence to show how much of that power is actually usable.

Sambo tunes his cars well, and gets the power to the ground well...look up ByDesign on YouTube and watch his cars go head to head and beat cars that are listed as 100 more HP than his in the 1/4 mile...fun stuff.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:06 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 238 Posts

Have you done any pulls ? (60-130, 1/4,1/2, etc). I am always a skeptic for dyno numbers without any empirical evidence to show how much of that power is actually usable.
not really since i've only had it back a day, but considering it already ran a 9.80 @142 on the old setup and how much stronger it feels now, i'd be willing to bet it makes somewhere around there. there have been 19 before me and i dont think anyone has had skewed data from their dyno #'s but i cant speak for them.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (09-06-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 09:36 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
not really since i've only had it back a day, but considering it already ran a 9.80 @142 on the old setup and how much stronger it feels now, i'd be willing to bet it makes somewhere around there. there have been 19 before me and i dont think anyone has had skewed data from their dyno #'s but i cant speak for them.
9.8 is stupid fast already and then you went and made it even faster 😀

Any Clutch upgrades to handle the insane power ? Can stock clutch handle that much power/tq
Old 07-06-2020, 08:47 PM
Steven31371
Pro

Any Clutch upgrades to handle the insane power ? Can stock clutch handle that much power/tq
pretty sure he upgraded it...I’m getting a very similar setup plus or minus a few bells and whistles and went with the Dodsen
Old 07-06-2020, 09:22 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven31371
pretty sure he upgraded it...I’m getting a very similar setup plus or minus a few bells and whistles and went with the Dodsen
correct i did the dodson.

here's the 60-130 i did yesterday in the heat.

The following 2 users liked this post by bigrpowr:
Big Swole (09-06-2020), rodsky (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 09:22 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

My guess "NFW" - has to be a clutch upgrade..
Old 07-07-2020, 12:43 PM
gaxor
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

This was this months project. 991.1 to 991.2 MF steering wheel. All buttons work as intended with gpsadapter
Old 07-07-2020, 12:46 PM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gaxor

This was this months project. 991.1 to 991.2 MF steering wheel. All buttons work as intended with gpsadapter
Nice! Didn't get the one with the modes toggle?
Old 07-07-2020, 12:48 PM
gaxor
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I did think about that, but I really didn't want to pull the centre console apart to fit the Bluetooth receiver as well
Old 07-07-2020, 06:47 PM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

That turned out great!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?