Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

175k without any engine work?
Old 01-05-2022, 02:00 AM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
175k without any engine work?
chipped, rs pulley, exhaust, couple little tweaks….
Old 01-05-2022, 10:58 AM
dmaddox
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 96 Posts

I think (my opinion, of course) the value of @02m2 's car is in car as a whole. From top to bottom is seems sorted, with some of the best bits and pieces used along the way. While I agree, 200k is a big reach, we never know what people will pay and it just keeps getting more and more insane. So, we can't say his can't bring 200k, you now? It has the look at feel of every bit of 200k. Gorgeous car. That being said, I also have a chip, full exhaust, a giant list of tasteful upgrades (very similar to the ROW car that went for 160) and I doubt my car would bring a dozen eggs over 100. Then again, I'm not in it for the value, its just fun to see the numbers creep up...why? Because every time I have had a friend or coworker tell me to invest in something (don't even get me started on crypto.....you all lie) it all sinks - but not my 911's! It has been my only real and tangible win. So, let's go 200k!!
Old 01-05-2022, 11:45 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

That car isn't bringing $200k today, or in one year's time. Sorry.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:47 AM
dmaddox
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@WantA997 While I agree, we just never know for certain. Would we be saying "regular ol C2's with 100k miles" would be bringing over 100k a year or two ago? Even tired ones!? Yet, here we are! Well sorted C2's are now at 150K. I think we are on the same page that without a rebuilt 3.6, that to be at 175K, you are a bit upside down in that car, but it will surely scratch the itch for someone that has cash.....and right now there are a lot of itchy people out there.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:02 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,398 Likes on 1,307 Posts

What are your guyses thoughts on this car? Have any further info on it besides what is in the dealers description? Have been looking at 964 RS’ for awhile and the importation process/taxes if I were to bring one in internationally. The white one is already here which is a positive and can be registered in the state I would put the car in. Am also looking at a local to me Midnight Blue one, but that has accident history. The white one is asking $267k and the Midnight Blue one is $275k.

White one:
https://www.meritpartners.com/featur...sche-964-rs-2/

Midnight Blue one:
https://www.hatchandsons.com/invento...arrera-rs-964/

Last edited by RapidGT; 01-06-2022 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:11 AM
964TURBOCHAS
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Amazing in white!
Old 01-06-2022, 10:16 AM
dmaddox
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The real question here is which one speaks to you when you look them over, data aside? Which one do you picture yourself in, pulling out of the garage. One of them is likely more dominant in your mind's eye than the other.

If you like the blue one, I'd hold out for another few months and keep digging, accident history, importation - that all will be a giant pain and something that I'd not want to deal with. It's also out of gas, huge red flag ha ha ha - kidding. The thing with the white one is people either love it or tolerate it. If you tolerate it, I'd say wait it out again. I "tolerate" guards red and bought my car and it bugs me still. I know, I know....the agony, right? But seriously, haters aside with this comment - do you want a car you tolerate, or LOVE. While I indeed love my C2, the color red has never spoken to me like the grey/lighter blues have. I wish I would have waited it out a bit, I'd have paid 5K more all things being equal for a blue one or silver/grey one.

So, in this case with the data and color and all that on the table - the white one would be my choice. Its here, lower miles, ready to rock. Negotiate a workable price (I personally think they are both high on price by 50k, but who isn't trying to capitalize on that right now?). I doubt 200 would make either seller happy, but that's where I'd start. Flame on!
Old 01-06-2022, 12:08 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

for me, it would be the white car before diving in deeper. 3 key items sway me that way before i know anything particular about each car. the blue has 15k more kms, it has prior accident damage (with a full respray and panel alignment which was done poorly prior - helping to cover any evidence of previous shunt), and the midnight blue simply does not match the 'body in white' feel on an RS. i'd be all over a maritime and rubystone, though. much more info would be needed on the accident damage on the blue car - pics at the time, pics of work performed, extent of damage, etc.

i also have considered an RS and having the white one in the states simply makes that transaction far easier and has less fees post purchase to put on top of a higher asking price already. obviously, i'm considering both as 'equal' in quality/condition for the moment. the blue car should - with the work performed show extremely well - but the white car could be all original. a lot of variables not being considered at the moment, but that would be my jumping off point. i've seen the white car for sale for some time now, so it hasn't been snatched up and that brings about it's own set of questions. could be that both are near the top of the RS market, as most trade somewhere in the mid-200s.
The following users liked this post:
964TURBOCHAS (01-06-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 12:47 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

I have also been watching the white RS. I have no plans to buy another 964 just now however I am curious about this car. With the price inflation of the 911 market I keep wondering why this car has not sold? It appears to be priced well in todays market from a reputable seller. I follow your posts on the 997 GT forum which you have quite the reputation to tease out the details on cars for sale. I would be interested to know what you find on this car.

I am relatively new to the 911 scene, a newbie at 3 years and was so happy with my 991 that I branched out and added a 964. I had planned on adding a 997 GT3 hence my knowledge of your contributions on that forum. In my limited experience it seems to me as the cars age the miles and some minor repairs become less important (except the museum piece never driven cars). There have been cars auctioned recently that set new records and they had paintwork. These are 30yr old cars now and if they have been driven (street and track) then they will have had a few dings along the way.

I am not a fan of Blue, I am more a classic white type but a Blue RS could change my mind. No bad choice in my opinion as long both have an honest representation.

In case your not aware @Cobalt knows of an RS for sale.

Originally Posted by RapidGT
What are your guyses thoughts on this car? ….. The white one is asking $267k and the Midnight Blue one is $275k.

White one:
https://www.meritpartners.com/featur...sche-964-rs-2/

Last edited by Ecosse911; 01-06-2022 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:49 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,261 Posts

I would need to see both up close before giving my true opinion. With values this high money is easily spent to apply lots of lipstick. I can't say if that is the case here since the pictures are very nicely done but offer very little to work with when looking for that smoking gun. Unless you have a trusted set of eyes or reliable shop that knows these cars willing to go over it with a fine toothed comb it is a huge risk. A PPI is a must and seeing the car in person can say much more about them.

I don't know much about the RoW cars and RS's have only recently seen importation with the 25 year law. I do not know if these have CEL's. If this were a US spec car it would being a 92. Also the carpeting on the white car doesn't look correct to my eye and I get concerned when I see eye bolts for harnesses drilled through the carpeting. Still from the photos they look nice but I like blues so midnight for me.

I am helping a friend with one of the US spec cup cars. The car Porsche tried to sweep under the rug. So little was known until recently except by a small few and they are finally getting recognized for what they are. I like saying this it is one of 4 of 29 of 45. This being one of the 4 parts cars out of the 29 track converted cars, so it has the ANDIAL built motor and 4 puck clutch which puts it up around 275hp and you feel it. IMO these cars are highly undervalued if you can find a nice one. Although since there are only 4 in this configuration it isn't easy to come by making them quite unique. Essentially an RS with more power and a little more weight minus some of the features like thin rear glass and magnesium cups but has all the right stuff and is IMO far more rare and someday maybe recognized for its true uniqueness. It has some things being addressed but with 25k miles and US legal it is a rare treat to help out with. I find these unicorns fascinating seeing what the factory did. It makes sense why the factory dumbed down the C2 for street but the seam welded tub added power and short gears makes for a fun unique experience.
The following 3 users liked this post by cobalt:
2000m2 (01-06-2022), 964TURBOCHAS (01-06-2022), JAB12 (01-06-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 09:15 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

@cobalt Sorry I forgot it was a cup car. Definitely an interesting and rare proposition to have a US legal cup car. I wish I could justify the spend
Old 01-07-2022, 03:17 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dmaddox
I think (my opinion, of course) the value of @02m2 's car is in car as a whole. From top to bottom is seems sorted, with some of the best bits and pieces used along the way. While I agree, 200k is a big reach, we never know what people will pay and it just keeps getting more and more insane. So, we can't say his can't bring 200k, you now? It has the look at feel of every bit of 200k. Gorgeous car. That being said, I also have a chip, full exhaust, a giant list of tasteful upgrades (very similar to the ROW car that went for 160) and I doubt my car would bring a dozen eggs over 100. Then again, I'm not in it for the value, its just fun to see the numbers creep up...why? Because every time I have had a friend or coworker tell me to invest in something (don't even get me started on crypto.....you all lie) it all sinks - but not my 911's! It has been my only real and tangible win. So, let's go 200k!!
The reality is there are very few that are totally sorted if you like the color and light mods. It is a show stopper where ever I take it. Agree $200k is a lot but there is tons of money out there plus it is close to impossible to get any work done and parts and time to get a car sorted like this today. It is not for sale at this time but wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted it that they would pay up for it.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:15 PM
Dubbed743
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 02m2
The reality is there are very few that are totally sorted if you like the color and light mods. It is a show stopper where ever I take it. Agree $200k is a lot but there is tons of money out there plus it is close to impossible to get any work done and parts and time to get a car sorted like this today. It is not for sale at this time but wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted it that they would pay up for it.
If we're setting your car's value at $200k, I've decided my car is worth $250k because it still wears original paint and has a recent engine rebuild.

For you though my friend, special price of $200k. A true bargain!
Old 01-07-2022, 05:21 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubbed743
it still wears original paint and has a recent engine rebuild.
Mine too, it even has all the break in miles done... I'll sell it to you for a mere 175k
The following users liked this post:
Dubbed743 (01-07-2022)

Quick Reply: 964 Prices