Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 04:20 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Actually, it's the Fuchs that let it down. If I were you I'd fire sale them.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John, I did some research on iPhone mounts. Came up with a variety of options but decided to go with one that a 993 mate in Australia swore by. Its all billet alloy construction anodised black. Bit pricey but solid, secure and nicely designed. It has a adjustable grip which I figures would work with my Mophie 2100 mah extended battery case as I dont want to run a wire to the iPhone (just charge it up ever few days). They do it in silver too. Its free shipping as its designed in Oz.

www.nkmos.com
Old 01-31-2014, 04:35 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
John, I did some research on iPhone mounts. Came up with a variety of options but decided to go with one that a 993 mate in Australia swore by. Its all billet alloy construction anodised black. Bit pricey but solid, secure and nicely designed. It has a adjustable grip which I figures would work with my Mophie 2100 mah extended battery case as I dont want to run a wire to the iPhone (just charge it up ever few days). They do it in silver too. Its free shipping as its designed in Oz. www.nkmos.com __________________
I'll wait to see it in the metal first, but,looks good.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:41 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Yeh, right. I see the 993 boys on Rennlist are looking at a group buy. Soon these wheels will be more common place. In the meantime their price is the only thing saving me from seeing a similar set up in NZ.

BTW I see your brake ducts are on Trademe and heard that the cage is likely sold as well. What else is on the block now?
Old 01-31-2014, 05:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I really dont think they look as good on the 993 IMO and you loose sight of those nice red brembos and drilled rotors. They look good up to and including 964 Gen.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:22 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Yeh, right. I see the 993 boys on Rennlist are looking at a group buy. Soon these wheels will be more common place. In the meantime their price is the only thing saving me from seeing a similar set up in NZ.

BTW I see your brake ducts are on Trademe and heard that the cage is likely sold as well. What else is on the block now?
Cage has a new home, ducts were an easy list so on their way out. Other stuff needs unbolting but soon to go will be race seat and rails, cup bypass - although that is a crap job to get that out - wheels and tyres.... I should make a list and offer it around i suppose. I am actually looking forward to driving a civilised road car for a while.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:06 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I really dont think they look as good on the 993 IMO and you loose sight of those nice red brembos and drilled rotors. They look good up to and including 964 Gen.
Only if you have RED brembos

On 993's fuchs must be all black like an 80's Porsche and not have exposed petal's like a 70's Porsche.

Last edited by kiwi 911; 01-31-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:10 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

I am actually looking forward to driving a civilised road car for a while.
You will get over that pretty quickly - especially as soon as you do your next track day.

Personally - I really don't like 911's with stock or more likely tired original suspension. They really need to be 'dialed in' to drive like a 911 should.

Last edited by kiwi 911; 01-31-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:16 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Talking about coloured brake calipers, I really like the look and stance of this 993, especially the yellow calipers - which normally indicate carbon disks. What is the general consensus on painting calipers yellow when not having carbon disks - is this a "not the done thing".

I love the stance of this car, once the PSS10's are installed, the brief will be the make the cars stance look like this (instead of a Kabota)
Attached Images    
Old 01-31-2014, 06:17 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
You will get over that pretty quickly - especially as soon as you do your next track day.

Personally - I really don't don't like 911's with stock or more likely tired original suspension. They really need to be dialed in to drive like a 911 should.

It will still be an animal underneath, the kw v3 will likely stay because of the size of the job ripping it out and the resultant net gain might not be worth it
Old 01-31-2014, 01:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Cage has a new home, ducts were an easy list so on their way out. Other stuff needs unbolting but soon to go will be race seat and rails, cup bypass - although that is a crap job to get that out - wheels and tyres.... I should make a list and offer it around i suppose. I am actually looking forward to driving a civilised road car for a while.
Just put a list up here. You can't sell a secret. Three separate people enquired about the 996TT wheels. You just never know who's looking at what.

Personally, I would leave the cup pipe in. I don't find them overly noisy and they enhance the flat six experience. Same with the suspension (a decision you've already made). The seat removal will probably bring the biggest change for daily driving, but surely you are going to use those race pads until they are worn out, so that must be some way off.

Give me a yell when you take the you know what off. I'm in build mode right now.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:38 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Talking about coloured brake calipers, I really like the look and stance of this 993, especially the yellow calipers - which normally indicate carbon disks. What is the general consensus on painting calipers yellow when not having carbon disks - is this a "not the done thing". I love the stance of this car, once the PSS10's are installed, the brief will be the make the cars stance look like this (instead of a Kabota)
Not sure if the red caliper craze started about the time of the Turbo 3.6, but I love them and can't understand why some people ordered black versions on the Turbo car. Personally I don't think yellow looks as good until you get the big mother brakes on, so I wouldn't put it on a 964 or 993. Not that I can claim the moral high ground with my mishmash of styles though. My basic personality has similar aspects to Macca, in that I constantly change what ever I'm 'enhancing'. I don't have a final vision.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:54 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking about coloured brake calipers, I really like the look and stance of this 993, especially the yellow calipers - which normally indicate carbon disks. What is the general consensus on painting calipers yellow when not having carbon disks - is this a "not the done thing".

I love the stance of this car, once the PSS10's are installed, the brief will be the make the cars stance look like this (instead of a Kabota)
I really like it on silver 993's and that stance is very nice. Given there are no 'unmolested' RSG cars I can't see you getting too heavily lectured.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:55 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Where's the 'like' button?
Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I really like it on silver 993's and that stance is very nice. Given there are no 'unmolested' RSG cars I can't see you getting too heavily lectured.
Paul, you should do what YOU like. We might tease a bit but it's your car and like Pete says we enjoy molesting and personalising them

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?