Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013 | 05:51 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Lets set up a Skype, will PM you
Old 12-05-2013 | 06:01 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Big day on the P front. What is it with you guys getting your second (or third) porsche in the last couple of days?
Old 12-05-2013 | 06:03 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Agree. Need to see this car at HD on 14/12 otherwise it's an even bigger show pony than the Turbo 3.6.
Yup - it's a show pony. C3 is my track toy.

I will spend money on suspension set up and giving it a meaner ride height - see pic's below as my inspiration for the cars stance. Otherwise money spent on detailing and tidying small bits up.

John - we will have to create a cuppa-chino cruisers club.

This was an itch that has needed scratching for a couple of years now.

Last edited by kiwi 911; 12-17-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-05-2013 | 06:15 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Yup - it's a show pony. C3 is my track toy. I will spend money on suspension set up and giving it a meaner ride height - see pic. Otherwise money spent on detailing and tidying small details up. John - we will have to create a cuppa chino cruisers club.
Looking back at last weekend, cruising en masse with the air cooled brigade looked good enough to repeat. I'm struggling to count the number of air cooled cars owned in the RSG now. We need a mass run to HD in the morning of the Playdays. A spectacular sight.
Old 12-05-2013 | 06:18 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Looking back at last weekend, cruising en masse with the air cooled brigade looked good enough to repeat. I'm struggling to count the number of air cooled cars owned in the RSG now. We need a mass run to HD in the morning of the Playdays. A spectacular sight.
I think so - we have 30-od members, it would be good to get as much of the crew as possible for some Xmas cheer and to swap stories........
Old 12-05-2013 | 06:28 AM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Maxem
Big day on the P front. What is it with you guys getting your second (or third) porsche in the last couple of days?
Must be time for you to change cars Dave. I'm still interested in yours
Old 12-05-2013 | 06:49 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
Must be time for you to change cars Dave. I'm still interested in yours
It's getting hard to keep up with the movements in the group. We'd fail at a swingers party, we'd take the best set of car keys and drive off....
Old 12-05-2013 | 12:09 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Geez. I'm offline for 48 hours and look what happens! P-Car Santa has arrived!

Paul. Big congrats. I take it the 993 test drive we spoke about went well. You will enjoy that car. Drive it a month before making any purchased/upgrades is my advice. I have things like new H&R lowering springs etc you can have for little cost if that's the path you go, otherwise we can discuss options once you have a few miles under your belt and a better understanding of the path you want to follow here. Of course happy to give you the benefit of my experience once Im back on board after these travels....

Sean. Great move on the race car, a stonking deal for the engine alone worth all the asking price. That should scare the GT3s & TTs at the track for sure. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

I got off the 13 hr flight from HK this morning. Damn cold in Zurich. A few hours later was sitting in my own new acquisition. I cant even begin to tell you how the car looks and sounds in the flesh. In white the photos just dont do it any justice. I wondered a long time if I had chosen the wrong colour and whilst many others said the 991 GT3 was the best looking 911 yet I was very much a fence sitter in this regard. I can absolute tell you in the flesh its an absolutely stunning looking car, nice coke bottle shape with wide rear haunches etc. I just couldnt get the grin off my face all morning. Havent driven it yet as awaiting plates and insurance tomorrow, its one of the first RHD made and sitting in it it just felt so right. Its a lifetime of dreaming and hard work to tick this one off the bucket list but I have to say sitting in that drivers seat (full clubsport spec with cage etc) made it all seem worthwhile. Im almost too scared to drive it and get it dirty. This is one car the photos really dont do any justice to especially in the flat colours. The thing is gorgeous inside and out and for the moment the 993 is temporarily forgotten. Its bloody cold here (0 celcius today) and getting out off town without snow to reach the ferry for Sicily will be the next challenge. Not sure when I will post next but hopefully from warmer climes. Im sure Ill have a story or two to tell but given what Im reading from others in UK just taken delivery I should like what I find. Im really lost to describe the feeling of having a new factory GT3 delivered in my name, but I feel bloody fortunate!
Attached Images     
Old 12-05-2013 | 01:15 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Living the dream Macca!
Old 12-05-2013 | 02:01 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Says NZ new on the listing??
So it does. I had this down as an import.?
That seems good value for a genuine NZ car
Old 12-05-2013 | 02:13 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Awesome Mark.
Old 12-05-2013 | 02:15 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Nic - C4's don't have impact bumpers ( unless back dated to look like an 80's Porsche??)
Ill thinking hes going to back date to pre 74 bumpers?
Old 12-05-2013 | 02:17 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

It's not in the garage yet..............
Congratulations on your purchase Paul.
Old 12-05-2013 | 02:35 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Geez. I'm offline for 48 hours and look what happens! P-Car Santa has arrived!

Paul. Big congrats. I take it the 993 test drive we spoke about went well. You will enjoy that car. Drive it a month before making any purchased/upgrades is my advice. I have things like new H&R lowering springs etc you can have for little cost if that's the path you go, otherwise we can discuss options once you have a few miles under your belt and a better understanding of the path you want to follow here. Of course happy to give you the benefit of my experience once Im back on board after these travels....

Sean. Great move on the race car, a stonking deal for the engine alone worth all the asking price. That should scare the GT3s & TTs at the track for sure. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

I got off the 13 hr flight from HK this morning. Damn cold in Zurich. A few hours later was sitting in my own new acquisition. I cant even begin to tell you how the car looks and sounds in the flesh. In white the photos just dont do it any justice. I wondered a long time if I had chosen the wrong colour and whilst many others said the 991 GT3 was the best looking 911 yet I was very much a fence sitter in this regard. I can absolute tell you in the flesh its an absolutely stunning looking car, nice coke bottle shape with wide rear haunches etc. I just couldnt get the grin off my face all morning. Havent driven it yet as awaiting plates and insurance tomorrow, its one of the first RHD made and sitting in it it just felt so right. Its a lifetime of dreaming and hard work to tick this one off the bucket list but I have to say sitting in that drivers seat (full clubsport spec with cage etc) made it all seem worthwhile. Im almost too scared to drive it and get it dirty. This is one car the photos really dont do any justice to especially in the flat colours. The thing is gorgeous inside and out and for the moment the 993 is temporarily forgotten. Its bloody cold here (0 celcius today) and getting out off town without snow to reach the ferry for Sicily will be the next challenge. Not sure when I will post next but hopefully from warmer climes. Im sure Ill have a story or two to tell but given what Im reading from others in UK just taken delivery I should like what I find. Im really lost to describe the feeling of having a new factory GT3 delivered in my name, but I feel bloody fortunate!

Very cool Macca - how many run-in km's before you can redline it??

I see some Macca trade-marks in teh spec with red seat belts.

Don't worry mate - you can count on me raiding your parts bins - you now have a market for all your hand me downs.............
Old 12-05-2013 | 02:38 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Three great new cars in a short space of time! Congratulations to you all. Look forward to seeing them all at some point. These posts, and John's regarding the air cooled convoy, are enough to inspire the want for an older companion for my 997.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?