Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Nice Macca, can't wait to see it on a track. Looks just like mine.
Looks like it's building into two tribes, white & red.....
Old 12-05-2013, 09:18 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
I was down at Steves on Wednesday and he has started to get the long nose ready for restoration, time for Dave to move now!
Which car is that? The white one?
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by 996tnz

Sean - Think you'll be keeping all of us more than honest on track, and through the corners in particular. Those figures just about gave me goosebumps.
Gives you the goosebumps and me the sh*ts. Gonna have to take it easy for the first few days I think!

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
I was down at Steves on Wednesday and he has started to get the long nose ready for restoration, time for Dave to move now!
Which car is that mate?

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Sean - Wooohoooo!! 350 horses and 1145kgs?? Its going to rock and especially with that provenance.. I can sense you're at the front end of the RSG arms race... I just can't wait to hear it.
I wonder if we can get away with a couple of runs at HD with it how it is now. 115db with straight pipes! I dare say it's going to need a muffler and a retune straight away. This will bring the HP down but won't necessarily be a bad thing, I'm not sure I need all that.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:46 PM
mjg
Pro

There was a big power (800hp+) Camaro and some other noisy stuff at the last HD Playday I was at, I measured them at ~108-110 dB(A) standing at the start of the pit lane as they came down the straight, so there's certainly a chance you'll get away with it.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:31 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Says NZ new on the listing??
I just ran a carjam report on the black 964 Turbo which says it came in from Singapore in 2000. Mileage according to carjam hasn't moved 1km in 5 years.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:33 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Which car is that mate?
Its on the left as you walk in to the panel section. White from memory, mandarin underneath where it has been rubbed back.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:45 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by mjg
There was a big power (800hp+) Camaro and some other noisy stuff at the last HD Playday I was at, I measured them at ~108-110 dB(A) standing at the start of the pit lane as they came down the straight, so there's certainly a chance you'll get away with it.
Wow, that's loud. Maybe with some downpipes instead of straight tips I can get it down 5db.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:48 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Wow, that's loud. Maybe with some downpipes instead of straight tips I can get it down 5db.
Not so many local residents that would complain at Hampton Downs. At Pukekohe they strictly police the bb limit.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Macca. Stunning. I want to know how it sounds vs your 993. How can you possibly sleep? White is a great Porsche colour IMO. I sincerely hope it gets here in time for SITT in March.
You nailed it Doug. Its 4am here and I cant sleep!

If the car makes it into NZ by early March I will put Super Sports on it and run it on the SITT. If not then teh 993 with new wheels/tyres and brake upgrade will just have to do LOL! First world problems again..

Matt. Ive been to Cargraphic factory and you are right. They make these to order so could take a week for fabrication. Worth the wait tho as they do a top quality product in my view probably the best of all the German tuners for wheels and exhausts. It will really bring your car alive, Im not the right person to listen to but right now its too quiet IMO LOL!

Paul. Ignore the jibes mate LOL! You are about to own a 993. Its a magic bus and you wont regret a moment of it. Just looking at it in the new garage will be 60,0000+ good reasons!

Sean. Thanks mate. It really does look so much better in the flesh than the (poor) rushed snaps. Interestingly as soon as I saw it I felt it looked smaller than I was expecting. Maybe Ive seen too many midgets like Chris Harris & Jethro Bothrington standing next to it in press shots! I know the 991 series is quite a bit bigger than the older air cooled cars but alone (not next to say the 993) I felt it looked "just right" and very much like the skin was wrapped tightly around the complex mechanical s - much like I feel about the 993 look. They actually have more in common visually than I thought. Sitting in the car felt immediately intimate and like a glove. I guess it helps being a bit bigger as I appreciate there is more space in the 991 GT3 but it didnt feel "huge". Good news John even yourself with a stack hat could sit in this car with 2 inches to spare!

Must get some shut eye and up early to read the critical parts of the manual. Right now the most concerning thing is a puncture with centre locks. The procedure for removing those wheels looks like rocket science to me. They really look lovely but I cant help wondering if they were way to0 progressive in this regard...
Old 12-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Targa Tour 2014 fees below. $4000 standard fee for a car boys so start feeding the piggy bank!

http://targa.co.nz/targa-2014
Old 12-05-2013, 11:49 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default US-NZ freight advice please - wheels on rims

Originally Posted by Macca
Targa Tour 2014 fees below. $4000 standard fee for a car boys so start feeding the piggy bank!

Sounds like a plan.

BTW - does anyone here have a good line on inbound freight from the US?

Have provisionally bought a set of lightly-used track tyres on the OEM hollow spoke rims but the cheapest freight quoted is a killer at US$1750 their end or NZ $1250 from ours.

Feels so wrong when the freight on my set-of-four Tirerack purchase was just US$305 and they arrived within the week. Seems Fedex have a vast gulf between corporate and private rates.

Keen on these but they won't be coming if it means someone gets to retire on the freight profits!

Anyone brought in a private set of tyres/tyres on rims/rims from the US to NZ? Who through, and roughly what did it cost you? - Thanks
Old 12-06-2013, 12:05 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Nice Macca, can't wait to see it on a track. Looks just like mine.
Sh*t that was funny Dave.................... I have a Ferrari car collection like that..........
Old 12-06-2013, 12:19 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Sounds like a plan. BTW - does anyone here have a good line on inbound freight from the US? Have provisionally bought a set of lightly-used track tyres on the OEM hollow spoke rims but the cheapest freight quoted is a killer at US$1750 their end or NZ $1250 from ours. Feels so wrong when the freight on my set-of-four Tirerack purchase was just US$305 and they arrived within the week. Seems Fedex have a vast gulf between corporate and private rates. Keen on these but they won't be coming if it means someone gets to retire on the freight profits! Anyone brought in a private set of tyres/tyres on rims/rims from the US to NZ? Who through, and roughly what did it cost you? - Thanks
You could try shipito.com? I'd jump on their forums and ask. The calculator is not a valid indicator of cost.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:41 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

Halves??? I have a house to finish and the balance of a 993 to pay for - plus mod's.

Macca - you might have to email me an inventory of bits you can flog.........you now have a NZ market for your bits.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:29 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Halves??? I have a house to finish and the balance of a 993 to pay for - plus mod's. Macca - you might have to email me an inventory of bits you can flog.........you now have a NZ market for your bits.
Paul, you have showed your financial hand. No-one will believe any cries of poverty unless you blow another engine.

Will we see the 993 on Sunday?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?