Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 04:42 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug/Pete. I reckon we can engineer it to all got toegther. Roger Scholes & Richard Snow will be there. We usually have a 997.2 GT3RS and a few interesting cars. We will be heading off 10.15 rain or no rain..Will be fun...
Thank you Macca. I'll definitely be there :-)
Old 09-07-2013, 04:50 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ditto that - need a run. 221s are off the car and with Steve for the tour. Road tyres probably the best bet anyway.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Ditto that - need a run. 221s are off the car and with Steve for the tour. Road tyres probably the best bet anyway.
Spoil sport!

The 997.2 GT3RS runs standard road tyres (MPSC's) that are IMHO less road orientated than the 221s as standard road tyres....

I need practice for 5000kms on R compounds in Europe in Dec!

Of course these could be famous last words!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Mike_ENDLESS
2nd Gear

Hello Gentlemen,

I've jumped onto these forums to introduce myself, I'm Mike from Prosport Auto, I've been referred to as the "Endless man" a few times here

I wanted to thank Sean and Pete for giving ENDLESS a try in their Porsches. I have complete and utter faith in the product, and I love working with such a prestigious top level brand.

As Pete has mentioned, I love my time at the track so I come down to check how everyone is going and make sure the guys running ENDLESS are happy. I want to offer the best customer support possible!

We are currently running MX72 (Pete) and ME20 (Sean) compounds in the 964's, and we've had great results with both setups as both requirements are slightly different. If anyone has any questions for me or would like any advice, I'm more than happy to help out wherever I can.

Something that Pete and Sean didn't mention was the referral program we are running, if you refer on a friend that makes a purchase with us, you'll both receive a 10% discount! Or I could just a flat 10% discount for all Rennlist members?!

Feel free to PM or email me if you need any help with anything, my email is mike@prosportauto.co.nz

Cheers, Mike
www.endless-sport.co.nz
Old 09-08-2013, 12:31 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike_ENDLESS
Hello Gentlemen,

I've jumped onto these forums to introduce myself, I'm Mike from Prosport Auto, I've been referred to as the "Endless man" a few times here

I wanted to thank Sean and Pete for giving ENDLESS a try in their Porsches. I have complete and utter faith in the product, and I love working with such a prestigious top level brand.

As Pete has mentioned, I love my time at the track so I come down to check how everyone is going and make sure the guys running ENDLESS are happy. I want to offer the best customer support possible!

We are currently running MX72 (Pete) and ME20 (Sean) compounds in the 964's, and we've had great results with both setups as both requirements are slightly different. If anyone has any questions for me or would like any advice, I'm more than happy to help out wherever I can.

Something that Pete and Sean didn't mention was the referral program we are running, if you refer on a friend that makes a purchase with us, you'll both receive a 10% discount! Or I could just a flat 10% discount for all Rennlist members?!

Feel free to PM or email me if you need any help with anything, my email is mike@prosportauto.co.nz

Cheers, Mike
www.endless-sport.co.nz
Hi Mike - good to see you on here. Long fast road run today and all OK, not an ounce of fade or judder of any sort. Best the car has felt in ages even on some everage rubber.

Roll on Taupo and Manfiled next week!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Mike. Appreciate your input.

Great to finally meet Doug. Lovely bloke. The boxster looks mint! Good turn out 11 cars. Unfortunately a bit too much slow traffic and a larger group to really crank things up but a great opportunity non the less to feed the automotive soul after a long absence.

The 993 suspension set up was superb. A little compromised perhaps for some of the really broken chipseal (seemed alot of it on the route back), but the turn in was razor sharp and the car was so planted and responsive that I think this is going to be a much quicker car on the track than the one I took to HD in March (with the right driver of course - not me LOL!). Those 221s are UNBELIEVABLY good. Obviously the B roads are not their natural home but if the grip they have on the road today is any indication of their performance on track we are talking a totally different level. I couldn't get the car to break traction at the rear even trying hard. A couple of corners I was piling on the speed to get them to break away and they just wouldn't! They seems fine on damp/wet ash felt yesterday too and as long as they have a little heat in them I cant see these being much of a compromise on the road at all. Standing water is standing water - 5mm or tread or 10mm if the puddle is large enough the result is the same. Loving those tyres.....

Learnt a new fact about the 993 today. We covered 298km door to door and the tank is exactly 70L with a reserve included of 5L. I found this out almost running the tank dry. Coasted into the first 98 BP I could find before home with 2.77 left in the car. Assuming the line has 1.5 liter in it then not so bad. The car used exactly 48L today for 300km so 6km per Litre. I guess that is the price of hard driving.....still remarkably good for a 20 year old car being driven hard.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:54 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Learnt a new fact about the 993 today. We covered 298km door to door and the tank is exactly 70L with a reserve included of 5L. I found this out almost running the tank dry. Coasted into the first 98 BP I could find before home with 2.77 left in the car. Assuming the line has 1.5 liter in it then not so bad. The car used exactly 48L today for 300km so 6km per Litre. I guess that is the price of hard driving.....still remarkably good for a 20 year old car being driven hard.
Nice to meet you finally to Macca. in terms of fuel economy, as Magnus Walker says we should think of it as "smiles to the gallon" :8

I think the group size needs to be smaller to allow freer flowing and faster runs... Ron usually has 6-8 or so I think.

Also, I like to get up early on a Sunday morning for my runs... Head off by 8am while the world sleeps in and get into it before the roads get busier.

This morning I researched an app I've wanted for ages.... One that would track where you went on a run so that you could later re-ruin.... Important when following others on. Heir run. It worked well and now I have a map of today's run so I can check out some of those great roads again in future. The app is called MotionX-GPS and worked well.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:02 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Here's a screen shot of the run displayed on Google maps
Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:47 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Love that APP Doug. Would really benefit from one of those to records Rons runs. Another good reason for me to buy and iPhone!

The fastest and most fun runs weve had are with around 6-7 regulars. One was a day poring with rain. The 997GT3RS guys really leaning on those Michelins in the wet! Sundays are safest as farmers allways have a rest day (no errant tractors or herds on those country back roads....).
Old 09-08-2013, 06:14 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John, can you pse stop telling the world there are two 3.6s for sale in NZ. We want them to stay here or are you trying to push local values up?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:36 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
John, can you pse stop telling the world there are two 3.6s for sale in NZ. We want them to stay here or are you trying to push local values up?
Haha. Really just trying to help Clint. There's nothing that I know of wrong with his car and NZers have had plenty of chance to stump up the cash.

As for our cars, it must be time to bring Mr Blue out to play with Mr Silver at a sunny Playday? I'm going to fit a new set of tyres to Mr Silver and put his seats back in. Ready to rumble. That extra 100hp should be a blast on the main straight.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Kevin rang me today. I won't get my car back until next Tuesday/Wednesday.
John, this slippage is getting dangerously close to the NITT. I hope you've told him you have a hard deadline! It would be a shame not to take your track car on the track tour...
Old 09-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
This site tends to be more accurate http://www.yr.no/place/New_Zealand/O...aupo/long.html but hey it's probably just wishful thinking...
Matt, I'm liking that site much better than the Met Service one, looking at Friday!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Starting to get stoked for the NITT!

Having Peter Alder make a few minor adjustments to front toe and camber tomorrow, the Rob at CCS to do a few last minute adjustments.

Packed plenty of underwear. Looking forward to it!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed

John, this slippage is getting dangerously close to the NITT. I hope you've told him you have a hard deadline! It would be a shame not to take your track car on the track tour...
Kevin knows what the deadline is. I've got all of Thursday as leave and fully expect to be chasing all over the place with banners, car etc.

The only thing that pisses me off is that Simon gave me heel and toe exercises that require a manual car to practice on. None of that obviously has been possible.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?